Junior Project Coordinator - NOA (DC)
Vacancy Number: UN23/02705
|16 Apr 2023, 23:59 (GMT+2:00)
|Reference to the project:
|International Labour Organization
|Expected Duration of Assignment:
|1 year renewable
Junior Project Coordinator - NOA (DC)
Vacancy no.: DC/CHISINAU/NO/2023/01
Publication date: 31 March 2023
Application deadline (midnight Chisinau time): 16 April 2023
Job ID: 10636
Department: RO-Europe and Central Asia
Organization Unit: DWT/CO-Budapest
Contract type: Fixed Term
Contract duration: one year with the possibility of extension
Under article 4.2, paragraph (e) of the Staff Regulations, the filling of vacancies in technical cooperation projects does not fall under Annex I of the Staff Regulations and is made by direct selection by the Director-General.
In order to support the best informed process in the filling of the above-mentioned vacancy by direct selection, the ILO invites interested candidates to submit their application online by the above date.
The following are eligible to apply:
- ILO Internal candidates in accordance with paragraphs 31 and 32 of Annex I of the Staff Regulations.
- External candidates*
*The recruitment process for National Officer positions is subject to specific local recruitment and eligibility criteria.
The ILO values diversity among its staff and welcomes applications from qualified female candidates. We also encourage applicants with disabilities. If you are unable to complete our online application form due to a disability, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Technical cooperation appointments are not expected to lead to a career in the ILO and they do not carry any expectation of renewal or conversion to any other type of appointment in the Organization. A one-year fixed-term contract will be given. Extensions of technical cooperation contracts are subject to various elements including the following: availability of funds, continuing need of the functions and satisfactory conduct and performance.
*Conditions of employment for external candidates: In conformity with existing ILO practice, the appointment of an external candidate will normally be made at the first step of this grade. The entry level salary for this position is 494,382 (Leu) yearly.
(general information about the context in which the official will work)
The position is located in Chisinau, Moldova, being part of the ILO Decent Work Team/Country Office for Central and Eastern Europe (DWT/CO-Budapest). DWT/CO-Budapest provides technical support and guidance related to the ILO agenda in 18 countries of Central and Eastern Europe (for more see www.ilo.org/budapest).
A new, two year ILO project funded by the Government of Switzerland supports the implementation of the ILO Decent Work Country Programme 2021-24 for the Republic of Moldova. The project proposes a complementary package of interventions on creation of more and better jobs, improved employability of people through TVET and adult learning, and formalization of employment. Enabling outcomes for all components will be the promotion of social dialogue and a contribution to the digitalization agenda of the Moldovan Government.
The incumbent will be responsible for supporting the senior project coordinator in the overall management and coordination of project work to ensure the timely delivery and reporting on project deliverables under the three project components.
The official will report to the Senior Project Coordinator as the primary supervisor and to the Director of the ILO DWT/CO Budapest as the secondary supervisor. She/he will work in collaboration with and under the technical supervision of relevant DWT/CO specialists who have technical responsibility for different components of the project and relevant ILO Headquarters Units.
Description of Duties
1. Support the day-to-day implementation and administration of project activities following the guidance of the Senior Project Coordinator and in conformity with project objectives and in close collaboration and coordination with the DWT/CO-Budapest and the ILO National Coordinator, project partners, international and national experts and ILO constituents.
2. Identify difficulties or any change or development in the country that may be relevant for the project and take appropriate measures in consultation with the team to ensure timely fulfilment of all obligations and timely delivery of the project outputs.
3. Ensure administrative tasks related to the project are conducted according to ILO’s rules and procedures (for meetings, purchase of goods and services, hiring collaborators, etc…).
4. Ensure proper consultation and participation of ILO constituents and other project partners at the country level during the project implementation phases. In particular, ensure that gender issues be explicitly addressed and mainstreamed throughout the project activities and any outputs including final reports or events.
5. Monitor progress (updating of M&E plan), assist in programming and budgeting.
6. Draft the project work plan according to the project objectives as indicated in the project document and update as necessary.
7. Assist the Senior Project Coordinator in the preparation of periodic progress reports and the final project report for the DWT/CO-Budapest and the donor.
8. Assist the partner institutions in delivering relevant activities; facilitate the collection of information for monitoring progress; document good practices and other salient elements of the implementation process.
9. Support advocacy and capacity-building activities for the ILO’s tripartite constituents and other partners of the project.
10. Collaborate with other relevant UN, international and European agencies, including UNDP, the World Bank, the European Commission, and others.
11. Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Senior Project Coordinator and the DWT/CO Director.
First level university degree in economics, public policies, development studies or a relevant field. An advanced degree on studies on labour economics would be a strong advantage.
At least one year of professional experience at the national level in project management, implementation, monitoring and evaluation. Proven experience in TVET, formalization of employment, the construction sector and policy advice to government would be an asset.
Technical requirements: Good knowledge of labour economics, labour law, as well as economic developments, working conditions, poverty reduction, and social policies. Knowledge of the policy making process.
Excellent knowledge of the working language of the duty station and a good knowledge of English.
- Knowledge of programme and budget, project administration and evaluation concepts and procedures and of the mandate and structure of labour market institutions in Moldova
• Knowledge of the office’s financial rules and regulations
• Good knowledge of the context and challenges for the project areas of expertise
• Strong analytical skills and ability to justify requirements and approaches to problem resolution and good drafting skills
• Good ability to interpret project information and to identify and analyze problems with implementation
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Ability to clarify information
• Demonstrate collaborative and teamwork experience and ability to work effectively with a multicultural and interdisciplinary team as well as work on his/her own initiative
• Ability to work independently, quickly, precisely, and take initiative and responsibility
• Ability to work under pressure and to meet the deadline
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel, web-browsers and database applications
• Ability to deal with people with tact and diplomacy.
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application form. To apply, please visit the ILO Jobs website. The system provides instructions for online application procedures.
The ILO does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process whether at the application, interview, processing or training stage. Messages originating from a non ILO e-mail account - @ilo.org - should be disregarded. In addition, the ILO does not require or need to know any information relating to the bank account details of applicants.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Concurs pentru selectarea a unui/unei consultant/consultante pentru instruirea cadrelor didactice de sprijin și psihologilor privind oferirea suportului individualizat pentru copiii romi
- Specialist coordonare instruiri
- ACTED/REACH is hiring Assessment Officer - Chișinău
- Asociația Media-Guard anunță concurs public pentru selectare expert/ă media
- Design and deliver Export Marketing Program for the producers and emerging exporters of fresh fruits in Moldova
- OSCE Mission to Moldova is hiring National Anti-Trafficking Experts (SSA)
- Solicitare de ofertă pentru achiziționarea serviciilor de cursuri de limbă română
- Finance and Administration Manager
- Termen extins: Selectarea unui consultant pentru elaborarea regulamentelor, statutelor și instrucțiunilor administrative pentru Consiliile Locale de Tineret și ONG-uri din Cahul și Ungheni
- Financial Analyst Position - CILC Haga Sucursala din Republica Moldova