The International Republican Institute (IRI) is currently recruiting a Procurement and Administrative Assistant (PAA) for its office in Chisinau, Moldova. The PAA position provides a full range of administrative and programmatic support for all IRI’s programs in Moldova.
Interested applicants must submit a CV and cover letter in both languages (English and Romanian) to email@example.com by 5th of December 2022.
IRI is a non-profit, non-partisan organization dedicated to advancing democracy worldwide. Since 2003, IRI has been active in Moldova, supporting the development of parliament, political parties, civil society, local governments and an active, engaged society.
- Bachelor’s degree in administration, political science, international relations or related field.
- At least one (1) year professional experience.
- Fluent in English, Romanian and Russian.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines in a multi-task environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365; knowledge of ICT tools and SharePoint desirable.
Primary Function and Responsibilities:
- Oversee competitive bidding process for all third-party contracts and
- Draft solicitation request forms and submit to the Washington D.C. procurement team for review and assembly of requests for proposals, requests for quotes, invitations for bids, and requests for
- Collect proposal materials from prospective vendors and all required documentation from subgrantees and facilitate scoring and processing of competitive
- Negotiate contracts with vendors and subaward agreements with partners as necessary for project
- Collaborate with IRI WashingtonC. staff to draft and process contracts.
- Collect vendor invoices and other supporting documentation for services
- Maintain third-party vendor
- Track the status of ongoing contracts and anticipate procurement needs for all projects in close collaboration with IRI Program
- Organize and maintain records for all contracts and
- Stay apprised of any changes in procurement and accounting policies and share relevant information with program staff. Provide program staff with relevant information on subaward and contracting mechanisms available to
- Supporting events and activities of the program team on request of supervisors.
- Providing efficient and timely action on administrative matters.
- Preparing correspondence and program outreach materials.
- Coordinating travel arrangements and logistics for staff and trainers.
- Interpreting/translating from English to Romanian/Russian and vice versa in official meeting and through written correspondence.
- Other duties, as assigned.