I. Background Information on the Programme:
This position is located in Chisinau, Moldova. The incumbent will work, for administrative issues, under the overall guidance of the Head, UNODC Regional Programme Office for Eastern Europe based in Kiev, Ukraine, and for substantive issues, under the direct supervision of the National Project Officer based in UNODC Office in Moldova and substantive oversight by UNODC Human Trafficking and Migrant Smuggling Section (HTMSS) Crime Prevention and Criminal Justice Officer of the UNODC Global Programme against Trafficking in Persons (GPAT), and in cooperation with the designated UNODC staff. The incumbent will serve as Project Associate supporting the implementation of the Global Programme against Trafficking in Persons (GLOT59) in Moldova.
As the guardian of the United Nations Convention against Transnational Organized Crime (UNTOC) and its supplementing Protocol to Prevent, Suppress and Punish Trafficking in Persons, Especially Women and Children (TIP Protocol), the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) primary goal with respect to addressing trafficking in persons, is to promote global adherence to the TIP Protocol, which to date counts 178 States Parties, and assist States in their efforts to effectively implement it.
Within the context of the UNODC Global Programme against Trafficking in Persons (GLOT59), implemented in South Eastern Europe (SEE), of the Human Trafficking and Migrant Smuggling Section (HTMSS) UNODC will implement a regional project “UN.Locking Impunity of Traffickers and Supporting Justice for Victims of Trafficking in Persons in Southeastern Europe” for the period 2021-2024, covering Albania, North Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro and Serbia with the aim to contribute to ending the impunity of traffickers by supporting criminal justice systems in SEE to successfully investigate and prosecute TiP with a victim-centered approach.
II. Duties and Responsibilities:
The incumbent will be responsible for backstopping day-to-day implementation of the activities under the UNODC Global Programme against Trafficking in Persons GLOT59 and will be based at the UNODC Programme Office in Chisinau (Moldova).
Under the direct supervision of the National Programme Officer based in UNODC Office in Moldova and the Crime Prevention and Criminal Justice Officer, UNODC Global Programme against Trafficking (GPAT), will achieve the following key tasks:
• Assist the National Programme Officer based in UNODC Office in Moldova (NPO) and the Crime Prevention and Criminal Justice Officer, UNODC GPAT in day-to-day support of planning, monitoring and implementation of activities;
• Review, analyze and assist in the finalization of cost estimates and budget proposals related to the activities under the Global Programme against Trafficking;
• Research and compile information/data on specific programme activities and support writing periodic reports.
• Support the NPO and the Crime Prevention and Criminal Justice Officer, UNODC GPAT, in the elaboration of programme/project budgets and support the utilization of the procedures and systems for the appropriate financial control on programme implementation;
• Monitor project expenditures against approved work plans in Umoja and keep track of project expenditure per activity and donor/pledge ID, status of implementation and ensure compliance with United Nations financial rules and regulations; initiate project and/or budget revisions as required; ensure necessary approval and entry in Umoja; initiate financial authorizations for expenditures;
• Assist in the preparation and analysis of budget proposals for the programmes/projects and individual regional/country level budget segments; provide assistance in the interpretation of budget guidelines; verify availability of funds;
• Provide assistance on reporting requirements, guidelines, rules and procedures and ensure completeness and accuracy of data submitted;
• Liaise and work collaboratively with the Programme Management Assistant within the Technical Cooperation Team of the UNODC Global Programme against Trafficking based in Vienna.
• Provide budget estimates and support for the organization of international, regional and national conferences, meetings, seminars and workshops by liaising with national authorities of the countries concerned as well as administrative and financial departments, regarding hotel reservations, DSA payments and preparing documents such as agendas, lists of attendees and certificates;
• Organize all personnel travel arrangements in Umoja, creation of Umoja authorization of pay disbursement of funds, procurement of equipment and services, and support follow-up actions to close the events’ commitments administratively and financially; etc.
• Prepare contributions for implementing GPAT’s Communication and Visibility Plan;
• Handle arrangement for printing and translation as necessary; coordinate shipment arrangements, courier services, etc.
• Provide administrative support to the Global Programme against Trafficking staff based in South Eastern Europe (North Macedonia and Serbia) related to the administration of the project activities, more specifically in regard to the: human resources activities, including travel and training, monitoring of contract expiry dates, recruitment, performance appraisal, separation of staff members etc, which are closely in line with the United Nations regulations/rules, and relevant Administrative Instructions and procedures;
• Draft correspondence and communication for specific aspects of the project;
• Organize both incoming and outgoing correspondence, including the establishment of a log/ registry system and filing;
• Support organization of the field missions and coordination of the official meetings;
• Provide guidance and training to new/junior staff;
• Perform other related duties, as required, including, when necessary, support the Head of UNODC Regional Programme Office for Eastern Europe in the above fields and support to the Project Assistant in the UNODC Programme Office in North Macedonia, in the context of the implementation of the GPAT.
III. Performance Indicators for evaluation of results:
• Reliable administrative and financial support as per the above description of duties and responsibilities to the direct and overall supervisors, and their delegated staff in UNODC HQ Vienna, for the implementation of project activities provided throughout the assignment;
• Assistance to the direct and overall supervisors, and their delegated staff in UNODC HQ Vienna, in maintaining and managing project budget and any other financial/administrative reports provided;
• Programme/project budget maintained and managed and any other financial/administrative reports provided as per requests or agreed workplan;
• Administrative and financial reports provided in a timely and satisfactorily manner;
• Contacts with project partners and regional/national counterparts maintained;
• Meetings and other activities relating to the project implementation coordinated;
• All duties and responsibilities performed in a satisfactorily manner according to the project workplan and assessment of the direct and overall supervisors, and their delegated staff in UNODC HQ Vienna.
• Knowledge of administrative, budgetary, financial, travel and human resources policies and procedures. Ability to apply various United Nations administrative rules and regulations in work situations;
• Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations;
• Demonstrates strong verbal and written communication skills;
• Demonstrates ability to work in a team and team spirit. Strong interpersonal skills;
• Demonstrates strong IT skills and displays the knowledge in utilization of specific software such as Umoja and Lotus Notes or similar;
• Excellent organization skills, ability to work independently, accurately and meticulously and to deliver efficient quality outputs;
• Ability to manage large volumes of work under time pressure is essential;
• Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
• Ability to deliver when working under pressure and within changing circumstances;
• Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
V. Required Skills and Experience:
• Secondary Education or equivalent is required. Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Economics, Political Sciences and/or Social Sciences or related field is desirable, but it is not a requirement.
• At least 4 years of relevant, practical working experience in administration and/or programme support service or other related field is required;
• Experience in projects implementation and working with government counterparts is required;
• Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc) is required;
• Experience in the areas of Rule of Law, Security, Criminal Justice, Organized Crime or related subjects will be considered as an advantage;
• Knowledge of UNODC/UN administrative rules and procedures is an asset.
• Fluency in oral and written English and Romanian is required.
• Knowledge of another UN language is an advantage.
Personal CV or P11, indicating all past positions held and their main underlying functions, their durations (month/year), the qualifications, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate, and at least three (3) the most recent professional references of previous supervisors. References may also include peers.
A cover letter (maximum length: 1 page) indicating why the candidate considers him-/herself to be suitable for the position.
Managers may ask (ad hoc) for any other materials relevant to pre-assessing the relevance of their experience, such as reports, presentations, publications, campaigns or other materials.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Vacancy End Date: 10 December 2022
To apply please address the link: http://bit.ly/3WW8rOw
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Project Associate (NPSA-6) - UNDP Moldova/ Joint Project Emergency support for agri-producers in the context of socio-economic and energy crisis and top-ups from SDC and Japan Supplementary Budget
- Analyst Position - Cilc Haga Sucursala din Republica Moldova
- Fundraiser A.O. ''CONCORDIA. Proiecte Sociale''
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de jurisconsult/ă principal/ă responsabil/ă de legislație bancară
- AO „Părinți Solidari” anunță concurs pentru contractarea unui expert/e în dezvoltare organizațională
- Senior Human Resources Associate
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert/ă consultant/ă în raportări
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert principal, supravegherea și monitorizarea sistemelor și instrumentelor de plată
- Inginer junior în domeniul ingineriei civile
- Child Protection Specialist – Moldova