People in Need (PIN) is a Czech non-governmental organization that provides relief aid and development assistance while working to defend human rights and democratic freedom. It is one of the largest relief and development organizations in post-communist Europe and has administered projects in 37 countries over the past 30 years. See here for more information about PIN: www.peopleinneed.net.
From 2009 onwards, PIN has added development programs to its work in Moldova, building a vision and practices that keep people and communities at the canter of our work. Throughout its presence in the country, PIN has been contributing to the development of the following sectors: Sustainable Livelihood and Environment, Social Inclusion and Protection, and Good Governance.
Summary of duties
Database Officer supports the implementation of People in Need (PIN) programming in Moldova, with a special focus on emergency programming, by managing the database and ensuring accuracy and completeness of the data acquired throughout the implementation of different projects realized by PIN.
- Create custom lists and reports, and generate statistics for different departments such as MEAL, Emergency, Finance, and Logistics;
- Handle geographical, social, financial, and personal data;
- Store, organize, and manage data on a day-to-day basis, create regularly backups;
- Extract knowledge from data acquired in form of statistics or reports; support other staff of the MEAL department with producing reports and/or inputs to the different MEAL-related deliverables, e.g. verification exercises, baseline, PDM/PIM, end line, evaluations, including preparing reporting templates and procedures.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in technical studies or related fields;
- Computer literate and data-oriented: advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel (e.g. Pivot, VLOOKUP, Conditional Formatting, Formulas, etc.);
- Understanding of applying logical operators (e.g. AND, OR etc.);
- Good knowledge and accuracy in handling data;
- Tendency to automate processes, by means of tools or templates;
- Good command of English, both written and spoken;
- Logical, analytical thinking with the ability to think outside the box;
- Ability to work under stress in a flexible demand environment;
- Experience in working with Microsoft Power BI and Kobo Toolbox is an advantage;
- Experience in the NGO field with a focus on civil society development or emergency response programs is an advantage.
Experience in the NGO field with a focus on civil society development or emergency response programs is an advantage.
What can we offer?
- Competitive salary, each half year revised based on appraisal performance;
- 28 days annual leave + 6 additional days for medical care;
- Friendly work environment; Multinational team;
- Investments in your professional development.
Interested applicants must submit their CV to the following link: https://apply.workable.com/people-in-need-2/j/028591C9A2/apply/
Deadline for application: August 20, 2022, by COB. The applicants will be invited for interviews on a rolling basis. The application process might be stopped earlier if a suitable candidate will be identified before the application deadline.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview. No phone call inquiries are allowed.
By sending their CV and other documents to the aforementioned link the candidate implicitly consents to their personal data appearing in the CV and such other documents being held and processed by PIN exclusively with the view to analyzing the candidate’s suitability for the position, and to keep such data in our files for a reasonable period of time in accordance with the PIN's Data Protection Policy. The candidate can revoke such consent anytime by sending a notice. Kindly refrain from including any special personal data, whose processing, as per applicable law, requires the express written consent of the subject of such data.