Business & Strategies Europe is a private organisation based in Brussels since 1991 and member of the GOPA group, one of the world’s leading development consultancies. B&S Europe develops projects to support democratisation, human rights and governance in over a 100 countries.
The B&S teams are a group of highly driven professional dedicated to achieving the greatest impact through our projects across geographies.
Purpose of the role
For our expanding Acquisition Support Department, we are looking for a Project Manager who, under the supervision of the Area Director, will be responsible for conducting activities in the acquisition phase of the contracts for preparing technical offers in response to calls for tender financed by international donors.
- Support for Request for services (RfS) and pre-qualifications (PQs)
Selecting project and regional references relevant to the project, following the clear and precise guidelines of the project manager responsible. ·Compiling the necessary documents for Request for Services, in accordance with the formal requirements and deadlines. ·Coordinating the joint preparation of PQs together with partner companies, by checking the receipt of documents and requesting outstanding documents, etc. · Final and consistent formatting of all necessary documents in accordance with the client’s requirements; and final release for printing. · Ensuring timely and proper dispatching of the documents, as well as tracking the consignment up to its final delivery to the recipient. · If necessary, following-up on the decision made by the client, in particular European Commission.
- Support for technical proposals
Work in teams with the Bid Coordinator to ensure a sound tender presentation in line with the client’s technical requirements. · Participate in the recruitment processes (support in the selection of the shortlist candidates based on position requirements, evaluation of candidates, continually seek to find and promote high-quality candidates, regular communication with candidates and managers until the fulfilment of the vacancies). · Putting together and formatting of the proposed CVs. · Compiling legal, financial, reference and other necessary documentation in accordance with the formal requirements concerning completeness, form and validity limits.
- Database maintenance
Maintaining databases and systems for technical projects handled by the department.
- Internal/team work
Ensure feedback, lesson learning and continuous improvement. ·Promote best practice tendering and sharing learning across the departments and through reviews on tenders and tendering processes. ·Provide coaching and mentoring to other members of the acquisition team.
Desired competencies and experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 to 5 years of relevant experience;
- Proven knowledge of EU cooperation policies and instruments;
- Perfect oral and drafting skills in English, Knowledge of French is considered a strong advantage;
- Computer skills MS Office (Excel Word Power Point), Internet, and database;
- Excellent organisation skills with strong attention to detail, strong time management/ prioritisation skills;
- Ability to interact with people and establish good relationships on a longer term, team player;
- Strong team player in a multi-language/multi-cultural environment
What we offer
- A permanent contract with benefits;
- Flexible working schedule;
- A great place to work with a team of highly motivated professionals;
- The opportunity to work in a truly diverse and multicultural organisation helping to make the world a better place.
This position is based in Bucharest, Skopje or Chisinau.
How to apply
Please send your CV and cover letter in English to email@example.com mentioning the name of the position in the subject field.