Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Palladium is a global company working to design, develop and deliver positive impact on the lives and livelihoods of people around the globe; broaden access to health, water, power, and infrastructure; build enduring, sustainable, and transformative institutions and market systems to address global challenges; and conserve the natural world. We operate in over 90 countries and have a workforce of 3,000 talented, motivated, and diverse staff of all religions, races, languages, and gender identities.
Our Americas’ business team has brilliant and passionate colleagues working in Asia, Africa, Europe, the Middle East, and North and South America as well as the Caribbean, fulfilling projects and assignments for clients from institutions, corporations, governments, and foundations based in the Americas. We have offices in Washington, DC, New York City, and Chapel Hill, NC.
Data for Impact (D4I), funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), supports countries to generate and use high-quality data as evidence that can improve programs, policies, and—ultimately—health and social sector outcomes. D4I also strengthens the technical and organizational capacity of local partners to collect, analyze, and use data to support their move to self-reliance. D4I is implemented in several countries around the world, including the Republic of Moldova.
D4I “Harnessing the Power of Data for the Benefit of the Child in the Republic of Moldova is working to strengthen the capacity of the government and its partners at national and subnational levels to collect, analyze, and use data to generate a positive impact on children in adversity. Apart from capacity strengthening (trainings, mentorship, development of resource materials, etc.), the project is also developing a Child Protection Information System aimed at gathering longitudinal data on case management and other key child protection areas to help inform decision-making and optimize the work of social assistants and specialists at local and rayon levels. The main beneficiaries of D4I in Moldova are the Ministry of Labor and Social Protection (MOLSP), the National Social Assistance Agency (NSAA) and the Territorial Social Assistance Structures (TSAS).
In addition to usual work, D4I is preparing to begin several activities to assist the refugee response in Moldova including the improvement of data collection and governance to better identify refugee needs and estimate the resources required to fulfil those needs.
Palladium is currently seeking a full-time Project Assistant to support the implementation of D4I in the Republic of Moldova.
The Project Assistant serves as part of the field team, supporting the management of effective and efficient technical, financial and compliance activities to deliver work in accordance with Palladium’s contractual obligations, company policies, local country settings, and client rules and regulations. The Project Assistant is a valued member of the team completing a variety of tasks that are critical to high-quality project management.
The position is based in Chisinau, Republic of Moldova. Choose an item.
You and Your Career:
If you are a problem-solver, collaborator, and doer, and you have expertise in verbal/written communication, organization, and attention to detail, we are interested in hearing from you.
We are a learning organization and provide growth opportunities from the start. We pride ourselves on giving you the freedom, resources, and guidance to chart a fulfilling career!
Contract duration: Full-time position. July 2022-August 2023 (with possibility for extension)
Reporting and Supervision:
- This position will report to the Chief of Party, D4I Moldova
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the overall project management and the implementation of D4I activities in the Republic of Moldova
- Facilitate communication among team members (local and international), with vendors, government counterparts (MOLSP, NSAA, TSAS) and client representatives
- Assist in the preparation of trips of international project staff (agenda, organization of meetings, logistics including local travel arrangements, interpretation, hotel reservations, etc.)
- Assist with drafting of project-related documents and correspondence
- Support development of vendor agreements, work orders and modifications
- Assist with internal PMU administration at local level, including taking notes of weekly local team meetings for distribution, tracking tasks, maintaining calendars and deadline reminders
- Work towards anticipating project needs and providing compliant, flexible recommendations on processes
- Support the organization of public events in close liaison with the events company and communication expert; participate in project events, taking minutes and producing draft reports on the events
- Reviewcommunications products such as fact sheets, bulletins, project briefs, blogs, social media posts, training certificates and provide feedback to assigned team members
- Support development of project budgets
- Support monthly project budget forecasting
- Help coordinate vendors (consultants, translators/interpreters, local companies as service providers, universities and technical colleges as grantees), work orders and invoices
Human Resource Management and Recruitment
- Coordinate project staff and consultant recruitment
- Support the development of job descriptions and posting on local recruitment website and platforms
- Support the onboarding of new staff and consultants
Key Competencies Required:
- Works with respect and dignity for all colleagues and contributes to a cooperative team working environment
- Project management understanding, including organizational skills, strong attention to detail, excellent time management
- Ability to do multi-tasking and to work under tight deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Sound problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a part of a team when required
- Strong intercultural skills including evidence of sensitivity to and acceptance of people from diverse backgrounds.
- Proven work experience in administrative and management support of project operations, preferably within international projects or organizations
- Experience in communication and customer service-related activities
- Proficient user of MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc); familiar with Microsoft Teams, Zoom, and other social media platforms
- Fluency in English, Romanian and Russian is required. Working knowledge of Ukrainian language is an advantage.
Please submit a CV and a cover letter highlighting how your background makes you a suitable candidate for this position.
Deadline: July 15, 2022. Please send your applications at: https://palladium.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/2/home/requisition/14709?c=palladium
About Palladium - Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world's most pressing challenges. With a team of more than 3,000 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies and, most importantly, people's lives.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion - Palladium is committed to embedding equity, diversity, and inclusion into everything we do. We welcome applications from all sections of society and actively encourage diversity to drive innovation, creativity, success and good practice. We positively welcome and seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce; and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment regardless of their background or personal characteristics. These include: (but are not limited to) socio-economic background, age, race, gender identity and expression, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, veteran, marital or Indigenous status.
Should you require any adjustments or accommodations to be made due to a disability or you are a neurodivergent individual or for any other circumstance, please email our team at email@example.com and we will be in touch to discuss.
Safeguarding - We define Safeguarding as “the preventative action taken by Palladium to protect our people, clients and the communities we work with from harm”. We are committed to ensuring that all children and adults who come into contact with Palladium are treated with respect and are free from abuse. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced selection process including safeguarding-focused interviews and a rigorous due diligence process.