Dexis Consulting Group Moldova
Statement of Work (SOW)
Strengthening institutional capacity of the Audiovisual Council of Moldova.
The USAID/Office of Transition Initiatives-funded Moldova Resilient Initiative project has the following goals:
- To support the Government of the Republic of Moldova in the efficient management of the impact of the crisis, following the war in Ukraine,
- To work with media and civil society partners to ensure Moldovan citizens receive accurate and relevant news and media content,
- To foster social cohesion among different segments of Moldovan society to promote unity and mitigate potential for division within the country.
The MRI Program will contribute to increasing the institutional capacity of the AVC, a Government of Moldova regulatory body that ensures compliance with the audiovisual code, including through the provision of consultancy service in the field of communication and media relations support.
Scope of Work:
The National Consultant is expected to provide communications and media support for the AVC under the guidance and direct supervision of the AVC chair.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Develop a Communication Strategy and Action Plan of the AVC.
- Content development for the newly created AVC institutional website.
- Ensure efficient communication with media outlets through the development of a database, and informational products.
- Facilitate AVC public events: public meetings, round tables, etc.
- Manage the content and increase the engagement of the AVC social media pages on FB and LinkedIn.
- Share expertise with the communications specialist of the AVC
- Communication Strategy and Action Plan of the AVC.
- Press releases and other informational materials, such as: media advisory, SM posts, etc.
- Content developed for the newly created AVC website.
- Transition plan / training for the AVC comms specialist.
The Consultant will work both in the office and remotely, the communication will be conducted online and by phone. The AVC will provide the Individual Consultant with the available information and materials for the fulfilment of tasks. It is expected that the consultant will start the assignment no later than at the beginning of July 2022 and will complete the assignment at the end of December 2022. Total number of working days estimated is up to 120.
Progress reports and final reports must be provided in Romanian language, in a succinct and user-friendly style, electronic format. The deliverables require the endorsement by the AVC director.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- University degree in public relations, communication, journalism, social science, or related areas. Additional degree/training and certification in communication/new media is an asset.
- Minimum 5 years of demonstrated experience in working with mass media or as a communication consultant.
- Proven experience in developing press releases (please present a portfolio of news, success stories, press releases, publications, other relevant communications materials developed within the last 2 years).
- Proven understanding of mass media in the Republic of Moldova (please, include a database of media outlets (min 20 national and 10 regionals).
- Experience in webpages content development and Social Media management will be considered as an advantage.
- Experience in similar assignments with public institutions and/or international projects will be considered as an advantage.
- Excellent written communication skills, ability to present information logically, clearly, and concisely.
- Proven understanding of online media and new communication trends.
- Excellent organizational, inter-personal skills, ability to think creatively to develop and implement innovative solutions in a challenging environment.
- Proven ability to manage diverse and complex tasks required. Ability to achieve results and meet strict deadlines in an effective manner, maintaining a high-quality standard throughout.
- Language requirements:
- Professional fluency in Romanian and English languages. Excellent writing skills in Romanian is mandatory.
- Russian language proficiency if possible.
Closing date for receipt of applications is June 23, 2022 at 18:00 Moldova time. Applicants must submit a short cover letter and a CV in English as soon as possible to: firstname.lastname@example.org noting “Communication Consultant for Audiovisual Council of Moldova” in the subject line.