The HR Associate delivers quality services in the area of human resource management and administration to internal and external clients, mastering all relevant rules, guidelines, processes and procedures. S/he takes a client-oriented results-focused approach, interpreting the rules, procedures and guidelines, providing support and guidance to the Country Office and UNFPA-supported projects.
You will work in close collaboration with the operations and programme staff, and Humanitarian team, exchanging information and supporting smooth delivery of human resource services.
You will report directly to the Operations Manager with technical oversight by the regional HR Business Partner.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person's potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2022-2025), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
UNFPA Moldova is actively involved in the humanitarian refugee response to the Ukrainian crises, supporting provision of women and girls’ health services, including reproductive maternal health and psychosocial support and Gender-Based Violence support and referral assistance to refugees from Ukraine to the Republic of Moldova.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need principled and ethical staff, who embody human rights norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Operations Manager you will be responsible for delivering high quality support services to office operations, performing a variety of standard HR and administrative processes, related to the UNFPA staff and consultants. You will cooperate with the UNFPA HQ and UNDP staff for resolving complex HR and administration related issues and for exchanging information.
You will be expected to demonstrate strong client and results orientation in service of the country programme.
You would be responsible for:
Implementation of HR strategies and policies
- Ensure full compliance of HR recording and reporting systems in line with UNFPA rules and regulations;
- Provide input to the review of policy changes from headquarters, and brief the senior management on the feasibility and appropriateness to local conditions;
- Implement an effective internal control mechanisms and proper functioning of the HR management system;
- Map Country Office HR business processes and support the elaboration of the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures in HR management.
Human Resource management
- Organize and implement recruitment processes for staff, including drafting job descriptions, provision of input to job classification process, preparation of vacancy announcements and advertisements, screening of candidates, participation in interview panel and preparation of its proceedings/minutes;
- Prepare required recruitment submissions to the Regional Compliance Review Board, UNFPA Regional Office;
- In co-ordination with UNDP and UNFPA Regional Office, determine the entitlements of national staff in accordance with UNFPA policies and procedures; prepare their contracts and related documents for the newly recruited staff (Fixed-Term and Service Contracts);
- Perform the functions of HR Local Recruiter and HR Absence Processor in Atlas;
- Monitor and track all transactions related to positions, recruitment, benefits, earnings/deductions, retroactivities, recoveries, adjustments and separations in cooperation with UNDP and UNFPA Regional Office;
- Facilitate and monitor the performance appraisal processes and maintenance of the related documents on files;
- Maintain and update the Country Office staffing table and the Country Office organizational chart;
- Maintain and update the personnel files with all required documentations;
- Maintain attendance and leave records;
- Follow up on all national staff contractual status and ensure appropriate and timely actions for renewals of contracts, promotions, within-grade increments, and performance evaluations;
- Ensure job descriptions for all posts are up-to-date, properly recorded and duly classified;
- Assist with selection and prepare contracts for consultants in consultation with related program staff, and ensure all requirements and supporting documentation are on files; liaise with the program staff on the implementation of and payment for the consultancy contracts and ensures evaluation reports are finalized in Atlas;
- Maintain and update the UNFPA online consultant roster of qualified candidates;
- Liaise with program staff on provision of advice to implementing partners of UNFPA projects on recruitment processes.
Administrative support to the Country Office and Projects
- Provide support to national and international consultants and counterparts in the implementation of their tasks for the achievement of project results (communication, contracts, agenda, visas, hotel reservations, etc.);
- Maintain records on all project personnel / national and international consultants and their respective status (contracts, ToRs, time and attendance – if appropriate, etc.) in accordance with accepted policies and procedures;
- Advise and assist international advisors and national consultants on all aspects of allowances, travel claims and other financial matters and calculate payments due for claims and services;
Knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Participate and provide trainings for the HR/operations/projects staff on human resources management.
- Contribute to knowledge networks, communities of practice and attend the UN Common System relevant working group meetings.
- Provide guidance to the Project support staff.
Carry out any other duties as may be required by UNFPA leadership.
Qualifications and Experience:
Completed Secondary Level Education required. First level university degree desirable.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Secondary education with 6 years of relevant human resources and administrative experience is required at the national or international level.
- First level university degree with 3 years of relevant experience is required at the national or international level.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.), and experience in handling of web-based management systems is required.
- Experience in UN System or NGOs is a strong asset.
- Experience in ERP Systems (SAP, Peoplesoft, Oracle, Atlas etc.) is an asset.
- Fluency in English and Romanian is required.
- Working knowledge of one or more additional languages relevant for Moldova, including Russian, Bulgarian, Gagauzian, Romani, Ukrainian or sign language would be an asset.
- Exemplifying integrity,
- Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system,
- Embracing cultural diversity,
- Embracing change
- Achieving results,
- Being accountable,
- Developing and applying professional expertise/business acumen,
- Thinking analytically and strategically,
- Working in teams/managing ourselves and our relationships,
- Communicating for impact
- Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise,
- Aligning human resources management with the organization’s strategic direction,
- Attracting and developing the global workforce,
- Addressing the rights and needs of staff members,
- Managing Information and Workflow,
- Client orientation
Compensation and Benefits: This position offers an attractive remuneration package including a competitive salary plus health insurance and other benefits as applicable.
UNFPA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Fraudulent notices, letters or offers may be submitted to the UNFPA fraud hotline http://www.unfpa.org/help/hotline.cfm.
The United Nations Organization is committed to diversity and inclusion. Women, persons from vulnerable groups, such as persons with disabilities, Roma and other ethnic, linguistic or religious minorities, persons living with HIV, refugees and other noncitizens legally entitled to work in the Republic of Moldova, as well as persons from other underrepresented groups are particularly encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply on-line for this position and read more detailed information, please visit:
Applications for this position must be received by 6 December 2023, 17.00 ET
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Treasury Assistant at Safeguard Global
- Concurs de selectare a unui psiholog și a unui jurist/avocat în domeniul prevenirii violenței asupra femeilor în etate
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist principal responsabil de raportarea financiară
- The U.S.A. Embassy is hiring a Temporary Financial Management Assistant
- Rețeaua Națională LEADER prelungește anunțul de selectare a unui expert pentru elaborarea manualului de grant al organizației
- Centrul de Drept al Avocatilor angajeaza specialist relatii internationale in cadrul Ministerului Muncii si Protectiei Sociale
- Consulting services for development of the technical specifications for the new e-inspection, under the World Bank Micro, Small and Medium-Sized Enterprise Competitiveness Project
- Project Manager, A.O. „CONCORDIA. Proiecte Sociale", Full-time (40h/week)
- GIZ - Financial and Administrative Specialist
- Local Consultant to Support Implementation of Remote Interpretation Services in Court Proceedings