* This is a multiple opening (2 positions) for humanitarian and GBV/Youth team.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person's potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2022-2025), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
UNFPA Moldova is actively involved in the humanitarian refugee response to the Ukrainian crises, supporting provision of women and girls’ health services, including reproductive maternal health and psychosocial support and Gender-Based Violence support and referral assistance to refugees from Ukraine to the Republic of Moldova.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need principled and ethical staff, who embody human rights norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
The Programme Associate provides programmatic and administrative support to the development and implementation of UNFPA's Country Programme and Humanitarian Response Programme, and is instrumental in facilitating programme/project implementation by using appropriate mechanisms and systems, and ensuring compliance with established rules, policies and procedures. The Programme Associate also undertakes assigned research tasks, and provides financial management and operational and procedural guidance to Implementing Partners.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities:
The Programme Associate would be responsible for:
Effective Support to the Preparation, Implementation and Monitoring of the Humanitarian Response Programme:
- Effective Support to the Preparation, Implementation and Monitoring of the Country Humanitarian Response Programme. Participate in the preparation of the CO programme and project proposals by compiling and analyzing information in the subject areas of UNFPA assistance, compiling project documents and work plans and preparing tables and statistical data.
- In coordination with assigned programme staff, guide the routine implementation of assigned projects, coordinating delivery of project inputs and ensuring the participation of relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure consolidation of team plans: leave and travel plans ahead of CO plan as well as main event plan and organization.
- Maintain and update project files of assigned programme staff, including Annual Work Plans signed, revised and project progress reports, and budgets in compliance with corporate guidelines, including lesson learned, evaluations and studies.
- Monitor and report on core and non-core expenditures by implementing partners.
- Consolidate and maintain the inventory of pipeline projects for submission to donors for co-financing.
- In collaboration with assigned programme staff, operations and assigned Implementing partners, assist in financial and substantive monitoring and evaluation of programme activities, identifying any operational and financial problems, and contributing to the development of solutions.
- Assist in the organization, recording and reporting (minute writing, and participants list) of periodic coordination meetings. Ensure timely schedule, invitations and confirmations are done.
- Support the registration of new projects in Atlas, raise/process requisitions in Atlas, and ensure timely follow-up of requests for direct payment to suppliers or advance of funds to projects in accordance with the procedures and approved work plans.
- Assist in the planning, organization, and duly reporting (back to office reports) of all team traveling. Ensure timely schedule, bookings and confirmations are done.
- Ensure that partners submit FACE Forms on time, in correct format and both narrative and financial.
- Assist in conducting assessments of programme performance to identify success factors and compile a list of best practices.
- Effectively support evaluation of programme activities: establishing and implementing mechanisms to systematically assess the achievement of results, undertake periodic field visits, participate in review meetings and prepare regular inputs to status and progress reports.
- Contributing to HACT assurance activities in regard with assigned implementing partners.
- Participate in training and guiding assigned implementing partners, project personnel and programme staff on national execution and programme policies and procedures.
- Support implementation of audit and evaluation recommendations.
- Translate working documents from Romanian to English and vice versa as required.
Research and Knowledge Management Sharing:
- Maintaining the programme filing, archiving and e-archiving systems, as well as uploading to the CO intranet and maintaining the relevant sections.
- Assist in the creation of substantive knowledge relevant to a specific programme area through research, synthesizing and documenting findings and lessons learned, success stories and best practices, strategies and approaches of the CO, and drafting relevant materials for dissemination.
Programme Finance and Operational Support:
- Ensure that payment requests related to assigned programme staff are channeled to the relevant operations staff.
- Perform General User and Programme Associate profile in Atlas for projects.
- Generate financial and programmatic Atlas and Cognos reports for the country programme as required.
- Initiate procurement request for the projects and the team, as assigned by his/her supervisor, ensuring compliance with UNFPA procurement procedures.
- Support to Advocacy and Implementation of the CO's resource mobilization strategy by compiling and synthesizing relevant background materials for use in discussions and public events.
- Act as a back-up on selected functions to other Programme Associates during their absence.
- Carry out any other duties as may be required by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Completed Secondary Level Education required. First level university degree in business/public administration, finance, economics or relevant social science discipline desirable.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Six years of relevant experience in programme planning, monitoring and data support systems and in financial management in private, national and/or international organizations.
- Proficiency in current office software applications and a good basic knowledge of finances and mastery of a series of financial and spreadsheet software.
- Previous experience in the UN or NGOs is an asset.
- Experience in ERP Systems (SAP, Peoplesoft, Oracle, Atlas etc.) is an asset.
- Good writing and communication skills.
- Fluency in English and Romanian is required.
- Working knowledge of one or more additional languages relevant for Moldova, including Russian, Bulgarian, Gagauzian, Romani, Ukrainian or sign language would be an asset.
- Exemplifying integrity,
- Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system,
- Embracing cultural diversity,
- Embracing change.
- Logistical support.
- Managing data, documents, correspondence and reports.
- Managing information and workflow.
- Planning, organizing and multi-tasking.
- Managing financial processes.
- Job knowledge/technical expertise.
- Achieving results,
- Being accountable,
- Developing and applying professional expertise/business acumen,
- Thinking analytically and strategically,
- Working in teams/managing ourselves and our relationships,
- Communicating for impact
Compensation and Benefits:
This position offers an attractive remuneration package including a competitive salary plus health insurance and other benefits as applicable.
UNFPA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Fraudulent notices, letters or offers may be submitted to the UNFPA fraud hotline http://www.unfpa.org/help/hotline.cfm.
The United Nations Organization is committed to diversity and inclusion. Women, persons from vulnerable groups, such as persons with disabilities, Roma and other ethnic, linguistic or religious minorities, persons living with HIV, refugees and other noncitizens legally entitled to work in the Republic of Moldova, as well as persons from other underrepresented groups are particularly encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply on-line for this position and read more detailed information, please visit:
Applications for this position must be received by 6 December 2023, 17.00 ET
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Analist financiar
- Asociația Promo-LEX angajează Comunicator/Comunicatoare
- NRC is looking for Shelter Assistant Moldova Ocnita
- EBRD in Moldova - Analyst, Advice for Small Businesses Programme
- Tender no. 83460033 for contracting of a short-term expert to provide advisory services on on justice reform
- Coordonatorul programului EECMD, Moldova
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert principal responsabil de evaluarea riscurilor aferente bunurilor mobile/imobile
- Project Associate (multiple posts) - NPSA7 - UNDP Moldova/Flood Management - 15777
- Finance Associate (G6) - UN Women Moldova
- NDI Moldova Job Vacancy: Program Assistant/Associate