To support the Austrian Coordination Office in Chisinau and National Designated Authority (NDA) in the further development of the Green Climate Fund (GCF) project application, ADA is recruiting GCF Expert.
Since October 2018, ADA has been accredited at the GCF as an International Accredited Entity for small-scale (up to 50 Mio. USD) and medium environ-mental/social risk projects.
ADA supports the Ministry of Environment, acting as the GCF NDA in Moldova, with the development of a GCF project proposal on ecosystem-based adaptation in the Southern regions of Moldova.
GCF Expert will be tasked with:
- Supporting further development and finalization of the GCF Concept Note, based on the existing stocktaking and scoping studies.
- Supporting the development of the full proposal to the GCF including any necessary assessments and studies needed.
- Ensuring close cooperation, coordination and support the NDA.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Coordinate the process for development and revision of the GCF Concept Note in close cooperation with the NDA, GCF Advisor at ADA HO and other counterparts.
- Once the Concept Note has been accepted by the GCF, coordinate under the lead of the GCF Advisor in ADA HO, the process for developing a full proposal in close cooperation with NDA and counterparts.
- Manage the development of pre-implementation draft environmental and social safeguards and gender mainstreaming.
- Act as a first point of contact for any enquiries about GCF at the Austrian Coordination Office (CO) Chisinau, serving as the interface between ADA CO Chisinau, ADA HO, contracted international consultants and NDA.
- Liaise with the relevant experts in Government, NGOs, CSOs, Local Public Authorities, Private Sector, Development Partners to obtain critical input, including expert advice, information from relevant documents that can feed into the preparation of a feasibility assessments, concept design and proposal development and respective follow up.
- Contribute to preparation and implementation of consultation processes and ensure full and inclusive stakeholder engagement throughout the process.
- Plan tasks related to the development of the GCF project, both internal to ADA, preparation of workshops, preparation of strategic partnerships, travel and publications, and external, such as providing logistic and communication support to the NDA for developing the project.
- Manage/support the drafting terms of reference, selection, contracting, and supervision of contracted procurements of services and service contracts.
- In a collaborative approach that emphasizes mutual learning and exchange, closely collaborate with the operational units at the ADA HO as well as in the country, providing guidance, expertise, and support in thematic knowledge management.
- Coordinate and support strategic reporting, e.g. to the ADA HO, about GCF project and support senior management decisions related to sector developments.
- Assure effective information management, documentation, and promotion of ADC visibility.
- Perform other duties that fall within the competency and responsibility of the position.
Duration of the assignment: This is a temporary full-time assignment opportunity not to exceed one year, may be extended up to 1 year, but not later than 31 December 2025.
Note: During the assignment, the possibility of a new contract, beyond 31 December 2025, with a possibility to work in the Project Implementation Unit (PIU), will be assessed.
- The candidate should possess at least an advanced degree (Masters or higher) in environmental sciences, project management, international development, with specific academic or professional background related to climate change adaptation, agriculture, forestry, or other closely related fields.
Qualifications and skills:
- At least 5 years relevant professional experience with project/programme management and practical international experience in climate change and/or consultancy work,
- Demonstrate previous success in development and approval of multilateral funded projects (Adaptation Fund, Global Environment Facility and Green Climate Fund). Experience with the GCF is preferred,
- Good understanding of the operations of international donor agencies and familiarity with Green Climate Fund (GCF) policies, templates, requirements for climate financing,
- Languages: Proficiency in English with excellent report writing skills. Romanian (native speaker level). Knowledge of Russian is a desired asset,
- Excellent communication and networking as well as facilitation skills, especially with high-level government representatives,
- Excellent organizational, time-management and interpersonal skills,
- Strong analytic skills and problem solution-oriented capabilities,
- Ability to work in an independent manner and organize workflow efficiently,
- Proficiency in MS Office, experience using spreadsheets.
- Please submit a cover / motivation letter and CV to: email@example.com
- Please include “GCF Expert” in the subject line
- Deadline: until 28th December 2023 EOD
- Contract duration: 12 months with possible extension for another 12 months (all together 24 months)
- Start of contract: asap, but not before 1st February 2024
- Delayed and incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited to the next stage of recruitment.
- ADA CO Chisinau retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
For more information please find:
Terms of Reference for GCF Expert
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Caritas Cehia anunță concurs pentru selectarea unui expert care va evalua dotarea tehnică și starea sistemului pluvial al grădiniței din Bilicenii Vechi
- National Human Rights Officer (2 posts) - OHCHR (nationals) - 16014
- Concurs de selectare a unui psiholog și a unui jurist/avocat în domeniul prevenirii violenței asupra femeilor în etate
- GIZ - Financial Specialist
- Selectarea unui consultant pentru elaborarea regulamentelor, statutelor și instrucțiunilor administrative pentru Consiliile Locale de Tineret și ONG-uri din Cahul și Ungheni
- Finance Assistant – World Vision Moldova
- NDI Moldova Job Vacancy: Program Assistant/Associate
- USAID Moldova Job Vacancy: Development Program Specialist
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert/ă principal/ă responsabil/ă de supraveghere TIC și securitatea informației
- Internews in Moldova is hiring Finance Specialist