IREX is a global development and education organization. We strive for a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world—where individuals reach their full potential, governments serve their people, and communities thrive. With a projected annual portfolio of more than $100 million and more than 600 staff worldwide, we work with partners in more than 100 countries in four areas essential to progress: cultivating leaders, empowering youth, strengthening institutions, and increasing access to quality education and information.
Comunitatea Mea (CM) is an eight-year program administered by IREX and funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). The program’s purpose is to a) improve the capacity of local authorities, including their ability to work inclusively with citizens and civil society, to increase revenues, improve financial management practices, and b) build on this work with localities to improve the functionality of fiscal, administrative, and political arrangements between the central and local governments to improve public services for residents of Moldova and increase their trust in public sector institutions. The main beneficiaries are the first level local public administrations along with the Government of Moldova, civic groups and local businesses that, in collaboration, work on developing their communities and improving availability, quality and effectiveness of public services across Republic of Moldova.
Summary of Position:
The Communications Specialist will conduct and coordinate project communication activities, and will ensure that project staff and partners understand and implement the project communications strategy and adhere to communications guidelines.
Your Background & Skills
- A minimum of three years' experience in a comparable communications role within the past few years is required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in international development, journalism, public relations communications or related field is mandatory.
- Proficiency in Romanian, English and Russian is mandatory.
- Relevant professional work experience on USAID-funded projects highly preferred.
- Strong communication skills, including excellent editing, writing, and presentation skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Exceptional project management and coordination skills.
- Experience researching, planning, and developing high-quality, engaging social media content.
- Demonstrated experience in designing and implementing outreach and awareness raising campaigns.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated pro-active approach to problem solving.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office software, Canva, and Google communications.
- Experience of working with civil society organizations, media organizations, and public administration in Moldova preferred.
- You must have unrestricted authorization to work in Moldova.
Your Daily Tasks
The Communications Specialist will assume the following job duties and responsibilities:
- Lead the development and implementation of an integrated communications strategy that supports the program goals.
- Produce, review, and edit digital and print publications, infographics, social media posts, news releases, talking points, briefers, and other public relations materials, as required.
- Provide capacity building and guidance to program beneficiaries, to support their communications efforts.
- Contribute to the improvement of the overall program outreach strategy.
- Collaborate with producers and reporters across various media platforms, including print, online and broadcast media, both at local and national levels, to enhance and expand media coverage of Comunitatea Mea successes and the US Government’s support to Moldovan communities.
- Lead the organization of public events such as inaugurations, press tours, press conferences, etc.
- Together with the Communications Officer, coordinate the development and production of printed materials in line with USAID's visual guidelines, to deliver high-quality end products.
- Together with the Communications Officer, coordinate the production of layouts and graphic design materials (e.g., reports, posters, infographics, factsheets, etc.), with vendor support and independently, using a variety of software including Canva, Piktochart, Word, and PowerPoint, for both internal and external audiences, for presentation, print and online use.
- Ensure ongoing promotion of the USAID and IREX visibility on the Program's Facebook channel, in close coordination with the Communications Officer.
- Serve as the program spokesperson, event moderator and take the lead in organizing various communication initiatives aimed to raise the profile of program beneficiaries.
- Coordinate the production and subtitling of video materials.
- Maintain and update a pool of journalist and editors, professional photographs, video production teams, print companies, PR agencies, designers.
- Coordinate internal communication and information flow between various departments; producing and delivering messages on behalf of the management and facilitating a dialogue between the colleagues to give a more holistic view on the CM communication effort.
- Provide required communications inputs to project reporting (bi-weekly, monthly plans, quarterly and annual reports, and the annual implementation plan), in close coordination with the Communications Officer.
- Maintain ongoing communication with Communication Specialists from other USAID-funded programs and with USAID’s Senior Communication and Outreach Officer to stay abreast of the most recent efforts regarding consistent communication regarding USAID assistance in Moldova, and exchange professional contacts and best practices.
- Other duties, as assigned.
We conduct background checks on all successful candidates.
This position is not eligible for Immigration Sponsorship.
Submit your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: October 1, 2023, 6:00 PM (Republic of Moldova time)
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Extended Deadline: Institutional Strengthening Specialist
- Project Associate - UNDP Moldova/Japanese Project
- Centrul de Drept al Femeilor anunță concurs pentru selectarea unui expert(e) pentru realizarea unei evaluări inițiale a percepției egalității de gen în 10 raioane selectate
- Request for expressions of interest National consultant – software developer
- UNFPA Programme Assistant (GBV), G5, Chisinau, Republic of Moldova (TA)
- Angajăm specialist în PR și comunicare
- Termen extins: HelpAge contractează consultant revizuire cadru normativ Centru de zi pentru persoane vârstnice
- Caritas Moldova is hiring Field Officers
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert principal gestiune procese, pe durată determinată
- Project Analyst (NPSA-8) - UNDP Moldova/PBF Project