The EU4Moldova: focal regions Programme is based on the European Commission Implementing Decision on the Annual Action Programme 2018 in favour of the Republic of Moldova and is funded by the European Union and implemented by the United Nations Development Programme.
The overall objective of the five-year programme is to strengthen the economic, territorial and social cohesion in the Republic of Moldova through facilitating inclusive, sustainable and integrated local socio-economic growth and improving the standards of living of the citizens in the pilot micro- regions.
To this end, this programme will address the urban-rural divide and regional disparities, stimulate economic growth and job creation, refurbish and upgrade some social and technical infrastructure in selected pilot micro-regions (smaller towns and villages) while taking into account a gender perspective in the activities of the programme.
1. To strengthen transparency, accountability of local public authorities and citizen participation in local governance processes in the pilot micro-regions,
2. To improve citizens' access to quality public services and utilities in the pilot micro-regions,
3. To create employment opportunities for men and women in the pilot micro-regions and improve the attractiveness of the pilot regions for investors and entrepreneurs,
4. To promote the smart specialization of the economy of the pilot micro regions through the development of the clustering and value chain approach in key economic sectors.
The programme objectives will be achieved through measures targeted at: (i) capacity building to support the implementation and monitoring of local economic development plans; (ii) civil society engagement in local planning, governance processes and basic social service delivery; (iii) provision of investment funding in support of the creation and/or development of social and technical infrastructure which, combined with the outcomes from interventions (i) and (ii) above, will have an immediate, visible and tangible impact on employment creation, the standard of living of the population in the pilot micro-regions.
Scope of work
- Pro-actively contribute to day-to-day project implementation and ensure conformity to expected results and Programme work-plans;
- In accordance with the Programme Work Plan support the Procurement Coordinator in procurement of equipment, supplies and services ensuring full compliance with UNDP rules and procedures;
- Draft annual Programme procurement plan and keep it up to date, as well as draft periodical procurement reports based on inputs from Programme team;
- Organize procurement processes, including preparation and conduct of micro-purchases, RFQs, ITBs or RFPs, by drafting bidding/selection documents (or address direct invitations to submit offer), receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their preliminary screening, participate at the negotiation of conditions of contracts, in full compliance with UNDP rules and regulations;
- Support the Procurement Coordinator in organizing procurement processes with respect to individual consultancy services (ICs, RLAs, Rosters), coordinate receipt of applications and financial proposals, their preliminary screening, participate at the negotiation of financial proposals or contract conditions in full compliance with UNDP rules and regulations;
- Prepare the submission packages to the Contract, Asset and Procurement Committee (CAP);
- Draft contracts’ packages for goods and services for management approval;
- Draw up and maintain evidence and monitoring of awards and contracts with project implementing partners, consulting organizations, contractors, etc.;
- Maintain records on national/international consultants and their respective status (contracts, ToRs, and attendance – if appropriate, etc.) in accordance with corporate policies and procedures;
- Monitor and draft in Quantum system supplier’s performance with respect to the quality and timely delivery of goods/services;
- Create and manage e-requisitions in QUANTUM;
- Arrange for equipment maintenance and insurance as required, manage office stationary supplies;
- Maintain an assets and spare inventory including verification and transfer when required and provide inputs for corporate reporting on assets and inventory.
- Assume responsibility for archiving Programme documents in accordance with UNDP SOP on archiving, transfer the packages to relevant UNDP CO focal person, as well as keep evidence of archived packages;
- Prepare timely inputs to project reports in the area of responsibility as necessary;
- Provide other administrative support when required by the Programme management.
- Verify vendor’s information in Quantum and collect Vendor data forms for updating information to further submit for update in Quantum to the Procurement Coordinator
Summary of Key Functions:
Direct supervisor: Procurement Coordinator.
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Procurement Coordinator and Programme Manager, the incumbent contributes to an effective and efficient implementation of programme objectives through a range of actions contributing to the design, planning, management and monitoring of activities. The Procurement Assistant applies and promotes the principles of results-based management (RBM), as well as a client-oriented approach consistent with UNDP rules and regulations.
The Procurement Assistant works in close collaboration with the Programme team as well as the team in the Country Office (CO) for effective achievement of results, anticipating and contributing to resolving complex programme/project-related issues and information delivery. The incumbent is expected to exercise full compliance with UNDP programming, financial, procurement and administrative rules, regulations, policies and strategies, as well as implementation of the effective internal control systems.
Core CompetenciesAchieve Results: LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline
Think Innovatively: LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements
Learn Continuously: LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback
Adapt with Agility: LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
Act with Determination: LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident
Engage and Partner: LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships
Enable Diversity and Inclusion: LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies
Business management/Results-Based Management
Ability to manage projects and projects with a focus at improved performance and demonstrable results
Business management/Project Management
Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and control resources, procedures and protocols to achieve specific goals
Knowledge of processing, storing, and validating procurement data
Knowledge of contract management concepts, principles and methods, and ability to apply this to strategic and/or practical situations
Ability to extract, analyse and visualize procurement data to form meaningful insights and aid effective business decision making
Ability to find, evaluate and engage suppliers of goods and services
Administration & Operations/Documents and records Management
Overall document (hard or electronic) management; registry and retention policy including storing and archiving
- Secondary Education is required.
- University Degree (Bachelor´s Degree) in economics, law, public administration, business administration or another related field will be given due consideration but is not a requirement.
- A minimum of five (5) years (with Secondary Education) or two (2) years of experience (with Bachelor´s Degree) in administrative work, procurement, economics, experience in development assistance or related work for a donor organization, consulting company, or NGO is required.
- Previous experience with EU/UNDP is a strong advantage.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling web-based management systems.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality, age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Treats peers fairly by maintaining consistent values, inspiring trust and confidence through personal credibility.
- Accepts responsibility and accountability for the quality of the outcome of his/her decisions.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and ability to prioritize.
Desired additional skills:
- Continues to seek new and improved methods and systems for accomplishing the work of the unit.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, is required to obtain, evaluate and interpret factual data and to prepare accurate and complete reports and other documents.
- Adapts flexibly to changing situations, overcomes obstacles and recovers quickly from set-backs.
- Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback.
- Ability to achieve results and meet strict deadlines in an effective manner.
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
- Fluency in oral and written English and Romanian.
- Knowledge of one or more minority languages relevant for Moldova, including Russian, Romani, Gagauzian, Bulgarian, Ukrainian and sign language, is an asset.
- Certification in procurement is an asset.
The following documents shall be required from the applicants:
- Personal CV or P11, indicating all past positions held and their main underlying functions, their durations (month/year), the qualifications, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate, and at least three (3) the most recent professional references of previous supervisors. References may also include peers.
- A cover letter (maximum length: 1 page) indicating why the candidate considers him-/herself to be suitable for the position.
- Managers may ask (ad hoc) for any other materials relevant to pre-assessing the relevance of their experience, such as reports, presentations, publications, campaigns or other materials.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
UNDP is committed to workforce diversity. Women, persons with disabilities, Roma and other ethnic or religious minorities, persons living with HIV, as well as refugees and other non-citizens legally entitled to work in the Republic of Moldova, are particularly encouraged to apply.
Data de încheiere a postului vacant a fost extins pana la: 16 July 2023
Pentru a aplica, vă rugăm să adresați link-ul: Apply Now
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Administrative Assistant
- Termen extins pentru selectarea unui expert sau a unei companii de consultanță pentru instruiri în domeniul comunicare, marketing și sustenabilitate a activităților generatoare de venit pentru vârstnici
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist/ă principal/ă al/a direcției administrare patrimoniu
- Action against Hunger is hiring an Accountant Book keeper
- Caritas Cehia în Moldova anunță concurs de selectare a unui expert (e) pentru dezvoltarea și coordonarea unui plan de sustenabilitate pentru serviciile medicale de îngrijire la domiciliu
- Organizația HelpAge International selectează un expert/ o expertă sau o agenție pentru realizarea Entry și Exit Survey într-un proiect din domeniul prevenirii violenței și asistență incluzivă pentru femeile în etate
- United Nations World Food Programme - Moldova: Business Support Associate SC6 (Assistant to the Country Director).
- Project Assistant, Case Management
- International Rescue Committee (IRC): Social Protection Manager
- Programme Assistant, Branch Development and Volunteer Management for International Federation of the Red Cross