Programme Manager on Health Education is responsible for effective planning, coordination and implementation of the interventions related to health education programme as part of the Adolescents and Youth Portfolio of UNFPA Moldova Country Office.
The Programme Manager contributes to achieving the Output 3 of the UNFPA Country Programme 2023 – 2027: Strengthened national capacity and policy in the youth and education sectors to empower adolescent girls and youth through life-skills development and participatory civic engagement for advancing human rights, bodily autonomy, and gender equality and to all other outputs of UNFPA Country programme as cross-cutting areas.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person's potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s Strategic Plan for 2022-2025, focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices. In the Republic of Moldova, UNFPA is implementing its fourth Country Programme for 2023-2027, which is aligned with the United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework 2023 – 2027 for the Republic of Moldova.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire, and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
Programme Manager on Health Education leads effective implementation and ensures synergy of UNFPA programmatic interventions and advocacy efforts in youth life skills development area, including access to comprehensive sexuality and health education, creation of safe and friendly environment for adolescents and youth, connection to friendly health and personal development services, etc. He/she is undertaking a range of actions contributing to design, planning, management, implementation and monitoring of interventions and activities in close coordination and under direct supervision of the UNFPA Programme Analyst on Youth. The Programme Manager on Health Education will have under his/her direct supervision the Finance and Administrative Coordinator on Health Education.
The Programme Manager is closely working with civil society organizations that are UNFPA implementing partners, with the Ministry of Education and Research, Network of Youth Friendly Health Center, Network of Youth Centers, young people, UN agencies, development partners and donors, and other stakeholders working with and for young people.
As Programme Manager on Health Education, you would be responsible for:
A. Ensuring efficient programme’s result-based management:
- Coordinating and managing day-to-day programme implementation that leads to achieving the expected results in synergy and complementarity with other programmes under Adolescents and Youth Portfolio of UNFPA.
- Identifying key performance indicators as well as developing and maintaining a monitoring system to ensure effective information sharing, provision of feedback and elaboration of top-quality progress reports.
- Within the strategic framework concerted with the national counterparts, preparing work-plans reflecting the scope of activities, timing, sequencing, cost, and other inputs for the implementation of the programme activities.
- Ensuring the effective management of human resources pertaining to the Programme, including staff, consultants, and experts; conducting periodic performance appraisals; building, leading and motivating a solid team of professionals; validating terms of reference for international and national consultants, etc.
- Managing efficiently the financial resources of the Programme, including budgeting, as well as expenditure tracking and reporting.
- Coordinating the work of implementing partners related to the programme.
- Performing necessary operations in corporate ERP system(s).
- Leading and ensuring the implementation of the programme work plan according to UNFPA rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Applying human rights and gender equality principles in programme planning, implementation, evaluation.
- Applying development-humanitarian-peace nexus in programming.
B. Ensuring efficient communication and collaboration with national and international counterparts:
- Liaising with the national and international counterparts, donors, and the UNFPA office to ensure that programme results are achieved, and programme resources are managed efficiently and effectively.
- Ensuring constructive regular communication, coordination, reporting to donors supporting the programme interventions, anticipating, and flagging any deviations from the work plans, and proposing solutions in coordination with UNFPA Programme Analyst on Youth.
- Supporting advocacy and resource mobilization strategy in respective area by compiling and synthesizing relevant background material for use in discussions and public events, supporting the programme proposals development, etc.
- Building partnerships with national and local public authorities, private sector, civil society organizations and other actors from the youth field.
- Leading and coordinating the organization of meetings, workshops, conferences, trainings, study tours and related activities relevant to the implementation of the Programme.
C. Ensuring high quality information and visibility of the programme:
- Ensuring high quality information and visibility of the programme interventions and results to the mass media and stakeholders.
- Advocating for and promote programme interventions by compiling and synthesizing relevant background materials, drafting programme summaries, articles, publications, speeches, and presentations for delivery via journals, meetings, public events and in other fora.
- Contributing to creation and sharing of knowledge, by synthesizing and documenting findings, success stories, best practices and lessons learned within the programme area, to share with colleagues and partners, at the local and national levels.
- Carrying out any other duties as may be required by UNFPA leadership, which contributes to the programme efficient implementation.
Qualifications and Experience:
Master’s degree (or equivalent of five years’ university degree) in education, youth development, public health, public management, population studies, law, and/or other related social science field.
University degree with 2 additional years of relevant experience.
Knowledge and Experience:
- At least 5 (five) years of working experience in the design, management and implementation of projects and programmes and/or working in a relevant position to this post.
- Experience in youth policies, youth life skills development programmes area is a very strong advantage.
- Prior experience in development assistance or related work for a donor organization, governmental institutions and/or NGOs, is desired.
- Extensive experience in managing a multidisciplinary team and strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in current office software applications and corporate IT systems.
Fluency in both oral and written English and Romanian.
Working knowledge of one or more additional languages relevant for Moldova, including Russian, Bulgarian, Gagauzian, Romani, Ukrainian or sign language is an asset.
- Exemplifying integrity,
- Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system,
- Embracing cultural diversity,
- Embracing change.
- Core Competencies:
- Achieving results,
- Being accountable,
- Developing and applying professional expertise/business acumen,
- Thinking analytically and strategically,
- Working in teams/managing ourselves and our relationships,
- Communicating for impact.
- Advocacy/ Advancing a policy-oriented agenda,
- Leveraging the resources of national governments and partners/ building strategic alliances and partnerships,
- Delivering results-based programmes,
- Internal and external communication and advocacy for results mobilization.
- Managerial Competencies:
- Providing strategic vision and focus,
- Engaging internal/external partners and stakeholders,
- Leading, developing and empowering people / Creating a culture of performance,
- Making decisions and exercising judgment.
Compensation and Benefits:
This position offers an attractive remuneration package including a competitive net salary plus health insurance and other benefits as applicable.
This is a local position, therefore only citizens of the Republic of Moldova or others legally authorized to work in the country are eligible to apply.
UNFPA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Fraudulent notices, letters or offers may be submitted to the UNFPA fraud hotline http://www.unfpa.org/help/hotline.cfm
The United Nations Organization is committed to diversity and inclusion. Women, persons from vulnerable groups, such as persons with disabilities, Roma and other ethnic, linguistic or religious minorities, persons living with HIV, refugees and other noncitizens legally entitled to work in the Republic of Moldova, as well as persons from other underrepresented groups are particularly encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply on-line for this position and read more detailed information, please visit:
Applications for this position must be received by 23 April 2023, 17.00 ET
Alte anunturi de angajare
- UNDP Moldova: Programme Manager (NPSA10) - Addressing the impacts of energy crisis and initiating solutions toward energy security and addressing energy poverty/FPI (EU-funded project)
- UNWFP Moldova: Procurement Associate (SC6) based in Chisinau
- Termen extins: HelpAge International angajează Coordonator de Proiect
- Caritas Moldova is Hiring Project Coordinator
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert principal responsabil de evaluarea riscurilor aferente bunurilor mobile/imobile
- Project Associate (NPSA-7) - UNDP Moldova/AdTrade Project
- Human Resources Associate
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert principal, pe durată determinată, responsabil de supraveghere bancară continuă (transparența acționarilor)
- Project Communications Analyst (NPSA-8) – UNDP Moldova/Green Transition
- CCR MD is hiring a Project Manager