The German Development Cooperation through GIZ is looking for a Data Specialist for Monitoring of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) within its project “Support to the Moldovan Government in the implementation of the 2030 Agenda”.
The Data Specialist will provide technical advice to the Moldovan Government and non-governmental actors in the area of evidence-based policy making, economics and statistics as well as SDG monitoring. He/she will conceptualize capacity development measures for the Moldovan government and non-governmental actors in data production and use and will support the development of a national monitoring and reporting framework in line with the 2030 Agenda.
The following responsibilities are included in the assignment:
- Providing guidance to state actors on topics related to statistics, data production and use for nationalized SDG targets and indicators as well as monitoring SDG progress;
- Advising non-governmental stakeholders on topics related to data for SDG monitoring as well as reporting on progress;
- Facilitating dialogue between Government and non-governmental actors regarding SDG monitoring and reporting;
- Facilitating trainings for Government actors on ex-ante and ex-post assessment;
- Identifying and providing capacity building opportunities to Government and non-governmental actors to strengthen their capacities of data production;
- Setting-up (online) training courses for Government and non-governmental actors to analyze data and enhance their capacities as data users;
- Developing an SDG monitoring framework in line with the 2030 Agenda and its principles at the national level;
- Perform any other work-related task contributing to the project success.
- Master’s Degree (or equivalent) in economics, public administration, international relations, development studies or related areas;
- Additional training and certification in data science is an advantage;
- At least 5 years of professional working experience in providing technical advice on topics related to data collection and processing, policy advice, good governance, development assistance;
- At least 5 years of professional experience working with or in government institutions focusing on capacity development;
- Previous proven experience in development assistance or related work for a donor organization, governmental institutions, CSO or private sector/consulting firm is a strong advantage;
- Previous proven experience in project management;
- Experience in the usage of IT software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.);
- Fluency in oral and written English and Romanian;
- Working knowledge of one or more additional languages relevant for Moldova. German is an asset;
- Sound data processing and operation;
- Excellent relationship management and networking skills;
- Analytical skills;
- Critical thinking;
- Experience in public relations management;
- Capacity to identify and promote new and innovative approaches of learning and performing tasks;
- Pro-active, energetic and committed;
- Displays integrity and inclusivity;
- Awareness and practical knowledge on how to apply the leave no one behind (LNOB) principle;
- Moldovan citizenship or holding permanent resident status in Moldova.
Applications, including detailed CV, references and motivation letter shall be sent not later than 14th of September 2020, time 17:00, to the address email@example.com.
Please mention the position name in the title of your application message. Only shortlisted candidates will be asked for an interview. The finalist will be offered a fixed-term employment contract based on a 40-hour weekly work program and concluded in line with the national labor legislation.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered. GIZ retains the discretion to re-advertise the position, to cancel the recruitment or offer an appointment at a lower grade or with a modified job description.
GIZ is committed to employment equity in the workplace and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.