The German Development Cooperation through GIZ is looking for an individual expert to develop a new and sustainable poverty monitoring and assessment system in the Republic of Moldova (RoM), within the Economic Policy Advice to the Moldovan Government project.
The objective of this assignment is to prepare a regulatory framework necessary for formalizing a sustainable poverty monitoring and assessment system in the RoM, aiming to contribute to a more efficient and targeted orientation of the state social and economic policies, including from the perspective of ensuring a balanced regional development of the country.
Expert shall perform the following tasks:
- Evaluation of the set of indicators underlying the Small Area Deprivation Index (SADI) production;
- Collection and processing of indicators from the data provider institutions and testing of the SADI calculation methodology;
- Preparation of a new Government Decision (GD), which would replace the GD no. 851/2005 on the creation of the poverty monitoring and assessment system;
- Coordination and presentation of results to stakeholders.
- Background and degree in economics, statistics, finance or another relevant field;
- At least 5 years of professional experience, related to economic aspects, statistical methods / quantification, poverty calculation etc.;
- Proven experience in elaboration of policy papers, GDs, assessments etc.;
- Experience in collaboration with the Government institutions in legal framework design and analysis;
- Previous experience in work with GIZ represents an advantage.
Applications shall include:
- detailed CV and cover letter, explaining the motivation for the position;
- financial offer, including gross daily rate in MDL and a total amount per up to 50 work days of assignment, for the period January 2020 – June 2020;
All personal data are for the internal use of GIZ; confidentiality guaranteed.
The successful finalist will be issued a short-term consulting contract with the possibility of further extension or follow-on contract conclusion.
Applicants shall be residents of the Republic of Moldova, holding the Moldovan residentship for a period of at least 6 months at the date of application.
Applications shall be delivered in sealed envelopes, showing the tender number (83345069) and subject on it, to the address of GIZ Office Chisinau (66 Bernardazzi St., 5th floor, left wing; Chisinau, MD-2009) not later than 10 January, time 17:00.
Shortlisted candidates might be asked for an interview and additional information.
Please note that applications received after the deadline, as well as incomplete applications will not be considered. Financial offers containing other currency than Moldovan Lei, will not be considered. GIZ retains the discretion to re-advertise or cancel this tender.
Questions shall be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, by showing tender number in the message title.