Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are core principles at UNDP: we value diversity as an expression of the multiplicity of nations and cultures where we operate, we foster inclusion as a way of ensuring all personnel are empowered to contribute to our mission, and we ensure equity and fairness in all our actions. Taking a ‘leave no one behind’ approach to our diversity efforts means increasing representation of underserved populations. People who identify as belonging to marginalized or excluded populations are strongly encouraged to apply. Learn more about working at UNDP including our values and inspiring stories.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
"Enhancing democracy in Moldova through inclusive and transparent elections” Project (phase II) has the overall goal to achieve an enhanced transparency and inclusiveness of the electoral process in Moldova by ensuring a more independent and credible electoral administration and better informed and pro-active citizens. During the second phase, the Project intends to support an increased inclusiveness of the electoral process by 1) strengthening the cyber-security and functionalities of the State Automated Information System “Elections”; 2) enhancing the political participation of citizens by setting up and implementing civic education and voter’s information programmes; 3) strengthening the capacities for effective and coherent oversight and monitoring on political parties financing; and 4) improving the legal and regulatory framework to respond to the Election Observation Missions recommendations.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Project manager is leading the project implementation through: a) planning the annual activities of the project; b) interacting with relevant counterparts and representing the project; c) coordinating the implementation process as well as the staff and other internal resources; d) managing project progress and adapt the work as needed; e) prepare procurement documentation and coordinating the procurement process; f) conducting project review and drafting reports as well as preparing the meetings of the project oversight bodies.
The incumbent will ensure the provision of development services and products (commensurate with the scope of the project) of the highest quality and standards to national counterparts and clients through applying Human Rights-Based Approach (HRBA) and gender equality (GE) approaches. More specifically
Strategic visioning for the overall Project and guidance to project staff in close cooperation with project stakeholders:
- Advise on national developments relevant to Project’s objectives.
- Provide substantive research input; accurate analysis, data entry and presentation of information to ensure proper policy advice and programme implementation;
- Conduct analytical work (e.g., institutional and risk analyses, capacity assessment, policy reviews and briefs) on the project key areas, highlighting UNDP support and strategy.
- Promote information sharing with the relevant donor community by initiating and/or participating (when delegated) in consultative meetings with the donors and preparing briefs on justice sector developments and activities.
- Assume full responsibility for and manage effectively and efficiently all project activities and resources (human, financial, physical / material assets, etc.) in order to meet expected results. Develop annual activity and procurement work plans as well as budgets based on expected year-end outputs; ensure close monitoring of activities and disbursements;
- Build, motivate and lead a high performing team consisting of project personnel, expert consultants, translators, etc. Undertake personnel performance appraisals and career development coaching at project level;
- Apply UNDP programming tools and policies as explained in the Results Management Guide, including the utilization of the Project Management Module in Atlas. Keep abreast of UNDP programming practices and maintain an optimum level of knowledge by continuous learning, including in the areas of HRBA and GE.
- Liaise with the national counterparts, donors and the UNDP office to ensure that Project results are achieved, and Project resources are managed efficiently and effectively;
- Prepare qualitative substantive and financial progress reports as may be required by the project. Prepare periodic procurement/contracting and financial delivery reports for UNDP management. Prepare budget revisions as needed.
- Lead and coordinate the organization of meetings, workshops, conferences, trainings, study tours and related activities relevant to the implementation of the Project;
- Identify key performance indicators as well as develop and maintain a monitoring system to ensure effective information sharing, provision of feedback and elaboration of top-quality progress reports;
- Present work-plans, periodic narrative progress reports and expenditures status reports to the Project Board and UNDP Country Office.
- Effectively manage other project-related activities and components and perform any other duties connected directly with the implementation of the Project as required.
Support Resource Mobilization and Partnership Building:
- Maintain and facilitate effective communication with public, national partners and among stakeholders, and ensure wide dissemination and visibility of project achievements.
- Engage with relevant donors (when delegated) and contribute to the UNDP resource mobilization efforts.
- Ensure that Project interventions are implemented in a Human Rights Based Approach and respect principles of Gender Equality. Raise awareness of project partners on HRBA and GE.
- Promote information sharing within the Effective Governance Cluster and other CO teams, with national and local stakeholders and the relevant donor community by initiating and/or participating in consultative meetings and preparing briefs on justice sector developments and activities.
- Ensure wide dissemination and visibility of project achievements. Participate in national and international fora, making substantive contributions as appropriate.
- Achieve Results: LEVEL 2: Scale up solutions and simplifies processes, balances speed and accuracy in doing work.
- Think Innovatively: LEVEL 2: Offer new ideas/open to new approaches, demonstrate systemic/integrated thinking.
- Learn Continuously: LEVEL 2: Go outside comfort zone, learn from others and support their learning.
- Adapt with Agility: LEVEL 2: Adapt processes/approaches to new situations, involve others in change process.
- Act with Determination: LEVEL 2: Able to persevere and deal with multiple sources of pressure simultaneously.
- Engage and Partner: LEVEL 2: Is facilitator/integrator, bring people together, build/maintain coalitions/partnerships.
- Enable Diversity and Inclusion: LEVEL 2: Facilitate conversations to bridge differences, considers in decision making.
People Management Competencies
UNDP People Management Competencies can be found in the dedicated site.
Cross-Functional and Technical Competencies
- Strategic thinking
- Ability to develop effective strategies and prioritized plans in line with UNDPs objectives, based on the systemic analysis of challenges, potential risks and opportunities.
- System thinking
- Ability to use objective problem analysis and judgement to understand how interrelated elements coexist within an overall process or system, and to consider how altering one element can impact on other parts of the system.
- Effective decision making
- Ability to take decisions in a timely and efficient manner in line with one's authority, area of expertise and resources.
- Results based management
- Ability to manage programmes and projects with a focus at improved performance and demonstrable results.
- Project Management
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, and control resources, procedures, and protocols to achieve specific goals.
- Assets management
- Knowledge of policy & procedures on PP&E; ability to prepare financial statements on PP&E; maintain Asset Management Module in ATLAS, Asset Dashboard; develop supporting tools for assets certification and further enhancements for AM module; design and run training programs, etc. on assets management and assets recording; run AP-AM interface; perform AP-AM-GL reconciliation; perform analytical review of AM reports and asset information to ensure completeness and accuracy of asset information.
- The ability to lead efforts to work with others to conclude or settle a matter. These are often soft skills and include abilities such as communication, persuasion, planning, strategizing and cooperating. In the UNDP context, this skill includes working closely with the client to understand the parameters of an acceptable solution, and assisting business units in resolving commercial disputes, and working with staff members or their legal representatives to resolve a grievance, claim or issue. Negotiation often involves working with colleagues of differing views to arrive at an acceptable corporate solution.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree or equivalent in international relations, political science, law, public administration or related area.
- Bachelor’s degree in combination with additional 2 years of qualifying experience will be given due consideration in lieu of the Master's degree.
- Additional training and certification in project management would be an advantage.
- Minimum 2 years (with Master’s degree) and 4 years (with Bachelor’s degree) of progressive working experience in the design, management and implementation of project-based activities, preferably related to democratic governance, strategic advice, strengthening electoral systems and processes, and/or working in a relevant position.
- Previous experience in development assistance or related work for a donor or development organization is an asset.
- Proven experience in working with governmental institutions, NGOs and international organizations, successful experience working with UNDP will be an advantage.
- Previous experience of work in the elections fields is an advantage.
- Experience in managing a multidisciplinary team or coordination between different teams.
- Experience in using computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Previous experience of work in the elections fields.
- Training and/or certification in project management.
- Successful experience working with UNDP.
- Fluency in spoken and written English, Romanian and Russian.
- Working knowledge of one or more additional languages relevant for Moldova, including Bulgarian, Gagauzian, Romani, Ukrainian or sign language would be an asset.
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the UNDP Effective Governance Cluster Lead and in close coordination with the International Electoral Advisor, the incumbent provides effective and efficient coordination of all components under the Project through a range of actions contributing to the design, planning, implementation, management, monitoring and reporting of the corresponding activities in line with the Project Document and the Multi-Year Work Plan. The Project Manager applies and promotes the principles of results-based management (RBM), as well as client-oriented approach consistent with UNDP rules and regulations. He/she is responsible and accountable to the Project Steering Committee for the Project’s results.
The Project Manager works in close collaboration with the Programme, Operations, Communications and other teams in the UNDP Country Office (CO) for effective achievement of results, anticipating and contributing to resolving complex project-related issues and information delivery. He/she also collaborates with other UN projects and development partners in supporting the Central Electoral Commission, Center for Continuous Electoral Training, Civil Status Service, Public Services Agency, e-Government Agency and other national stakeholders. The incumbent is expected to exercise full compliance with UNDP programming, financial, procurement and administrative rules, regulations, policies and strategies, as well as implementation of the effective internal control systems.
The Project Manager in close collaboration with the Programme Analyst and the Programme Specialist supports UNDP CO in developing concept notes and project documents from the field of the project he/she manages to further develop the programme portfolio of Effective Governance Cluster.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP has a zero-tolerance policy towards sexual exploitation and misconduct, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
UNDP is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer that does not discriminate based on race, sex, gender identity, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, age, language, social origin or other status.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Data de încheiere a postului vacant : 11 august 2023
Pentru a aplica, vă rugăm să adresați link-ul: Apply Now