Title: Project Officer, “Improve availability of administrative data for tracking progress of the ICPD agenda in the framework of SDGs”
Call to Action:
- Are you passionate about data, innovations and demographic changes?
- Are you great at multi-tasking, prioritizing and are a talented project manager who continuously strives to improve business processes?
- Are you a solution-oriented person capable to produce high-level results in a short-period of time?
- Are you a team player capable of working with colleagues of widely diverse backgrounds?
If so, this might be the job for you.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person's potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2018-2021), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
The Project Officer contributes to the effective and efficient implementation of the “Improve availability of administrative data for tracking progress of the ICPD agenda in the framework of SDGs” project, financed by the India – UN Development Partnership Fund through UN Office for South-South Cooperation and implemented by UNFPA Moldova in cooperation with the National Bureau of Statistics and the Ministry of Health, Labour and Social Protection.
You will be responsible for setting-up a statistical population register that will unify all administrative data sources / registers in alignment with international regulations and practices on administrative data and provide support in improving availability of indicators in monitoring the ICPD agenda for tracking the SDGs progress in the Republic of Moldova.
Qualifications and Experience:
Master’s Degree or equivalent of five years’ University Degree in statistics, demography, enterprise data systems, information systems, data analytics and/or other related field.
Knowledge and Experience:
- 4 years of relevant professional experience at the national or international level in the field of statistics, demography, data management, information system or any other relevant area, preferable in project management of data systems or e-governance.
- Previous experience in IT, data innovation, e-governance, data analytics, data system, collection and or management of data through different administrative sources would be a distinct advantage.
- Previous experience in development assistance or related work for a donor organization, governmental institutions, NGO or private sector.
- Strong ability to solve complex problems in a solution-oriented manner and in close coordination with a large spectrum of partners.
- Proficiency in current office software applications and corporate IT systems.
- Fluency in both oral and written English and Romanian.
- Working knowledge of one or more additional languages relevant for Moldova, including Russian, Bulgarian, Gagauzian, Romani, Ukrainian or sign language would be an asset.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply on-line for this position and read more detailed information, please visit:
Applications for this position must be received no later than on 13 November 2019.