Scope of Work: The U.S. Forest Service (USFS) seeks proposals from qualified organizations to implement a youth empowerment program that promotes civic engagement, nature conservation, and collaboration between local actors and government entities.
Period of performance: February 2024 – March 2025
Goal and Objectives of the project:
The project’s goal is to protect and promote Moldova’s natural resources and heritage sites through youth engagement. The objectives of the project are as follows:
- Reinforce the value of civic engagement and leadership in Moldovan youth
- Under the guidance of school teachers and leaders, students should brainstorm ideas for projects and lead activities.
- Promote nature conservation through afforestation/reforestation activities
- Trainings, workshops, field trips, and/or service projects for students focusing on forest ecology, afforestation/reforestation, and their role in climate change.
- Promote collaboration between local and government stakeholders to strengthen nature-based ecotourism
- Trainings, field trips, and/or local service projects will be held in partnership with local and government entities when possible. This includes local officials, schools, parents, Moldsilva Forestry Enterprises, Protected Areas staff, etc.
Total Budget: $93,500 USD to be used for the deliverables of the Scope of Work.
For detailed information on the Call for Proposals, including requirements and templates, please access this link
For any clarification questions related to this Call for Proposal, please reach out via email to Mrs. Elena Scobioala, Moldova Project Coordinator, at email@example.com, and Mr. Joshua Lee, Program Manager, at Joshua.Lee2@usda.gov. The deadline for submitting clarification questions is November 24, 2023.
Complete Proposals must be submitted by December 15, 2023, at 23:59 (GMT).