Special Vacancy Notice 2023-35
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Programme Associate Cash Based Intervention
General Staff Category, Grade G-6, UN Salary Scale
Type of Appointment
Short term, nine months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date
November 29, 2023
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental, and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Well qualified candidates, particularly women, persons with disabilities, Roma and other ethnic or religious minorities, persons living with HIV are particularly encouraged to apply.
Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Following the launch of military operations across Ukrainian territory on 24 February 2022, substantive flows and displacements across Ukraine and toward neighboring countries have been reported countries in the following days. As response to the Ukrainian crisis, IOM Chisinau has increased operational activities which requires additional administrative staff.
Under the overall supervision of the Programme Manager Shelter Settlement/CBI and direct supervision of the CBI Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating the implementation of IOM CBI programmes including administrative works and field operation along with the coordination and reporting of the IOM Moldova CBI Projects.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and monitor the implementation of Cash Based Interventions (CBI) activities (including beneficiary enrollment and distribution) and provide technical guidance to field teams in all aspects of implementation.
- Liaise with local authorities in target communities for necessary preparation works to carry out CBI programmes.
- Prepare and administer accurate lists of beneficiaries for the regular assistance through the financial service.
- Compile and analyse enrollment and distribution data on daily basis and produce progress report with necessary analysis on the distribution data.
- Monitor proper documentation, review, filing, handling and archiving of individual casefiles, programme documents and related documents and communication and make recommendations to improve filing and documentation.
- Draft programme procurement plan, prepare requisitions of all the supplies and activities, as needed, ensuring accuracy in the specifications and timely delivery, collate procurement requests for approvals.
- Prepare and coordinate travel authorizations and arrangements in conjunction with meetings, workshops, conferences, track and prepare itinerary and prepare associated documentations.
- Undertake frequent visit to field for implementation/monitoring of CBI activities.
- Assist the Programme Manager in the coordination of all other administrative functions, as required.
- Export and manage data related to cash assistance delivery.
- Coordinate and align with relevant units and personnel on decisions and activities related to cash assistance program.
- Coordinate with the financial service provider and other institutes on actions related to cash delivery issues.
- Receive queries from internal IOM units and external agencies related to the cash assistance delivery and provide feedback and follow up as necessary.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- High School diploma with six years of relevant experience; or,
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences/Humanities/Development Studies or related field with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience managing common operational datasets.
- Prior work experience with international humanitarian organizations, non-government or government institutions/organization in a multi-cultural setting is an advantage.
- Computer/software literate, very good skills required in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and kobo toolbox.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in all matters.
- Ability to organize paperwork in a methodical way.
- Discreet and clients-oriented, patient and willingness to learn new things.
- Technologically savvy mindset to explore unique solutions.
- Reliable, able to work under pressure, good organizational skills and drive for results.
Fluency in English, Russian, Romanian is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of Ukrainian an advantage.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.:
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies - Behavioural indicators – level 2
- Leadership: Provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the Organization’s vision. Assists others to realize and develop their leadership and professional potential.
- Empowering others: Creates an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: Works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Internals of the Organization and NMS candidates will be considered as first-tier candidates. This vacancy is also open to second-tier candidates.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, security clearances, and a valid COVID certification.
Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested applicants are invited to send the Personal History form https://civic.md/userfiles/attachments/14191/IOM_Personal_History_Form.xls and cover letter in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please, indicate the position you are applying for and reference code in the subject line of your message.
Closing date for applications is 29 November 2023.
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts the Personal History Forms duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 15.11.2023 to 29.11.2023
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Environmental, Social and Governance Officer
- RoI Consultant for Developing technical requirements for upgrading e-Permits platform at the national-level and rolling out at local level, under the World Bank Micro, Small and Medium-Sized Enterprise Competitiveness Project
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist/ă principal analiză risc sistemic
- Concurs extins de selectare a unui consultant pentru elaborarea strategiei de dezvoltare organizațională
- HelpAge Moldova anunță concurs de selectare a unui/unei consultant/consultante pentru elaborarea unui raport de analiză calitativă a situației vârstnicilor privind necesitățile de îngrijire socio-medicală
- Asociația MAR anunță concurs pentru postul vacant Specialist în comunicare
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de director-adjunct al Departamentului Supraveghere Bancară
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist/ă principal/ă elaborare modele economice
- Project Associate (multiple posts) - NPSA7 - UNDP Moldova/Flood Management - 15777
- Project & PSS Officer for an international NGO