People in Need (PIN) is a Czech non-governmental organization that provides relief aid and development assistance while working to defend human rights and democratic freedom. It is one of the largest relief and development organizations in post-communist Europe and has administered projects in 37 countries over the past 30 years. See here for more information about PIN: www.peopleinneed.net.
From 2009 onwards, PIN has added development programmes to its work in Moldova, building a vision and practices that keep people and communities at the center of our work. Throughout its presence in the country, PIN has been contributing to the development of the following sectors: Sustainable Livelihood and Environment, Social Inclusion and Protection, Good Governance.
The Emergency Programme Manager is based in Chisinau with travels into the regional offices and provides support to the emergency projects implementation of PIN Moldova.
- Under the supervision of the HoP ensures successful implementation of assigned project(s) in line with project documentation while continuously evaluating the quality, effectiveness, and relevance of the project(s) to the reality on the ground.
- Together with the HoP ensures programme components are implemented in an integrated manner with other ongoing country programme (CP) development programming as well as the overall humanitarian response in the country.
- Together with the HoP and PMs ensures that PIN is properly represented in inter-agency coordination groups, and contributes overall to a strengthened humanitarian response in the country.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Contributes to strategic direction and timely implementation of PIN emergency response programme and recovery activities in line with PIN quality standards, donor requirements, and national and international standards;
- Together with the HoP and CD supports programmatic synergies and cooperation with Alliance 2015 partners in the country in emergency response;
- Leads on the emergency preparedness in CP;
- Writes reports required by donors and supervise the other project managers reports providing timely feedback and ensure compliance with donor requirements. D10
- Leads or contributes to developing quality emergency proposals following donor guidance and standards. Contributes to budgeting for project proposals;
- Supports the CP in fundraising and liaising with donors, networking, understanding donors’ priorities and actively seeking new funding opportunities;
- Together with Country Programme Coordinator based at HQ, coordinates support from KLD; or HQ Humanitarian Unit leading on proposal development with field and technical inputs from program and MEAL teams;
- Together with HoP ensures all emergency projects are regularly reviewed, and recommendations for improvements are followed;
- Helps establish, maintain, and improve active and regular working relationships with local authorities, donors, partner agencies including major institutional donors, local and international NGO, and other actors of the local civil society.
- 5 years experience in the sector;
- Experience managing teams;
- Languages: English/ Romanian/ Russian;
- Competencies: flexibility/ dynamic approach/ decision-making ability/ high level of coordination
Interested applicants must submit the following:
- Cover letter (in English);
- full CV (in English);
- Contacts of three references (one should include the supervisor in the most recent work assignment).
The above shall be sent to the following address: https://apply.workable.com/people-in-need-2/j/0321385CBF/apply/
Deadline for applications: September 29, 2023, by COB.
The applicants will be invited for interviews on a rolling basis. The application process might be stopped earlier if a suitable candidate is identified before the application deadline.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview. No phone calls or inquiries are allowed.
People in Need is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct and committed to promoting the welfare of children and adults with whom People in Need engages /is in contact with. People in Need expects all staff to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need code of conduct and key policies (available at: https://www.peopleinneed.net/key-policies-4142gp). People in Need Staff will undertake the appropriate level of training.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks.
We are committed to ensuring diversity (people from different social and ethnic backgrounds and of different genders, sexual orientations, etc.) within our organization and encourage interested candidates to apply.
By sending their CV and other documents to the aforementioned link the candidate implicitly consents to their personal data appearing in the CV and such other documents being held and processed by PIN exclusively with the view to analyzing the candidate’s suitability for the position and keeping such data in our files for a reasonable period of time in accordance with the PIN's Data Protection Policy. The candidate can revoke such consent anytime by sending an according notice. Kindly refrain from including any special personal data, whose processing, as per applicable law, requires the express written consent of the subject of such data.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- People in Need anunță selectarea a unui consultant sau companie de consultanță în prestarea serviciilor de mentorat.
- Căutăm experți pentru elaborarea Strategiei de de Dezvoltare Sustenabilă a 6 localități rurale din Moldova
- Extended deadline: Call for Proposals for External Evaluation of the Project Youth Maker Club
- Asociația „The Moldova Project” anunţă concurs de angajare pentru funcția de Psiholog
- IREX Moldova/Programul Comunitatea Mea - Anunț de angajare a unui/ei Specialist/e în comunicare - full-time
- World Food Program _Team Leader - Moldova
- International Rescue Committee (IRC): Специалист по межкультурной коммуникации
- Project Associate (SB3.3) - UNODC
- Finance Associate (Treasury)
- Specialist/specialistă în activitatea de lobby (advocacy, parteneriate și rețele) în cadrul A.O. „CONCORDIA. Proiecte Sociale”, pentru perioadă determinată