High-Level Performance Management Advisor, Data for Impact (D4I) Moldova
Palladium is a global company working to design, develop and deliver positive impact on the lives and livelihoods of people around the globe; broaden access to health, water, power, and infrastructure; build enduring, sustainable, and transformative institutions and market systems to address global challenges; and conserve the natural world. We operate in over 90 countries and have a workforce of 4,000 talented, motivated, and diverse staff of all religions, races, languages, and gender identities.
Palladium is seeking a High Level Performance Management Advisor to lead a team of three advisors supporting the Ministry of Labor and Social Protection (MOLSP) to implement a Performance Management Framework (PMF) in the social assistance system, as part of the recently launched reform RESTART (https://social.gov.md/wp-content/uploads/2023/05/Reforma-sistemului-de-asistenta-sociala_FINAL-1.pdf).
Data for Impact (D4I) is a global USAID’s multi-million dollar project, which is implemented in the Republic of Moldova by Palladium, a member of a consortium led by University of North Carolina. D4I’s mission is to support countries to realize the power of data as evidence that can improve programs, policies, and outcomes.
In Moldova, D4I is working with the MOLSP on developing a child protection information system and strengthening the data collection and use of information for decision making, with a focus on social assistance reforms and child protection. D4I is also mentoring the territorial social assistance structures to strengthen their monitoring and evaluation (M&E)/data use capacity and partnering with local universities and technical colleges on M&E curriculum development initiatives. Building on the knowledge of the child protection system and relationships formed with the government and its partners, D4I is also facilitating activities around use of data to inform decision making and improve the quality of life of Ukrainian refugees currently in Moldova and of their host communities.
The goal of introducing performance management in the social assistance system is to improve its responsiveness, accountability, and cost-effectiveness to deliver better for people. This means that decisions of the MOLSP and of the soon-to-be-established territorial social assistance agencies (TSAAs) are aligned with strategic goals and based on robust data and intelligence; performance is embedded in business processes of MOLSP and TSAA (policy making, legislation, oversight, methodological support, human resources policies, budgeting, reporting, internal and public communication and dissemination); and performance information is used to empower staff and enable self-management.
The High-Level Performance Management Advisor will assist D4I in the development and implementation of performance management in the social assistance system under the leadership of the MOLSP.
S/he will have demonstrated performance management experience in Moldova or region, ideally in the area of social assistance, to ensure the delivery of a wide variety of technical activities, to advance USAID’s local capacity strengthening strategy, data use and protection of children in adversity and other vulnerable groups. S/he should possess strong interpersonal skills to develop and manage complex relationships across various stakeholders.
Type of position, place and period:
Part-time senior position based in Chisinau, Moldova (120 consultancy days).
Period: September 2023-August 2024, with the possibility of extension
You and Your Career:
If you are a problem-solver, collaborator, and doer, and you have expertise in managing performance, we are interested in hearing from you. We are a learning organization and provide growth opportunities from the start. We pride ourselves on giving you the freedom, resources, and guidance to chart a fulfilling career!
Reporting and Supervision:
The High-level Performance Management Advisor will report to the D4I Chief of Party in Moldova.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the working group on performance management of the reform RESTART; finetune the activity plan of the working group.
- Supervise the work of three local performance management advisors.
- Coordinate the organization and delivery of orientation workshop(s) on performance in partnership with the MOLSP to the Quality and Performance Management Specialists and other relevant staff of the TSAAs.
- Coordinate the development of the PMF, i.e., Standard Operating Procedures, methodologies, and tools, in partnership with the MOLSP and Quality and Performance Management Specialists in TSAAs.
- Align the performance management system with TSAAs strategic development strategy and social services investment plans.
- Develop a performance tracking tool and interactive dashboards, including peer benchmarking to track performance across TSAAs.
- Lead indicators prioritizing and target setting workshops with TSAAs based on the results of the gap analysis conducted by the MOLSP and strategic development plans of TSAAs.
- Develop the methodology for quarterly data review and performance meetings of TSAAs to identify progress, trends, anomalies, issues, and performance acceleration needs; conduct a demo meeting to show how it works.
- Assess the results and processes of performance management and adjust the PMF accordingly.
- Advise the leadership of the ministry on the policies and procedures necessary to advance TSAA and individual performance in alignment with the reform objectives.
- Coordinate with the head of the working group on human resources as well as with relevant experts and donors supporting the reform.
- Participate in working meetings and in donor coordination meetings organized by the MOLSP as part of the reform RESTART.
Key Competencies Required:
- University degree in social science (economics, law, sociology, social work, psychology), business administration, or international development; master’s degree preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing performance management frameworks in the public sectors undergoing major reforms.
- Proven experience in staff performance assessment.
- In-depth knowledge of results-based management frameworks.
- Experienced in providing guidance and mentoring to public servants and other staff working in the public sector.
- Knowledge of the social assistance legal and institutional framework in the Republic of Moldova.
- Sound team management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a high level of emotional intelligence for effective communication and interaction within the project and with external stakeholders.
- In-depth knowledge of performance management concepts, theories, related practices, and tools with substantial experience of incorporating these into business-focused solutions, including workable implementation plans.
- Ability to develop structured performance management processes, policies and procedures that support goal achievement at institutional and individual level in the public sector.
- Experience cultivating and managing relationships across multiple technical sectors, including social services, human resources, results-based management.
- Proven experience of work in multicultural environments and with a large range of stakeholders (central and local public institutions, international organizations, NGOs).
- Strong communications, writing, and oral presentation skills in English and Romanian.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion - Palladium is committed to embedding equity, diversity, and inclusion into everything it does. We welcome applications from all sections of society and actively encourage diversity to drive innovation, creativity, success, and good practice. We positively welcome and seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce; and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment regardless of their background or personal characteristics. These include: (but are not limited to) socio-economic background, age, race, gender identity and expression, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, veteran, marital or Indigenous status.
Should you require any adjustments or accommodation to be made due to a disability or you are a neurodivergent individual or for any other circumstance, please email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch to discuss.
Safeguarding - We define Safeguarding as “the preventative action taken by Palladium to protect our people, clients and the communities we work with from harm”. We are committed to ensuring that all children and adults who come into contact with Palladium are treated with respect and are free from abuse. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced selection process including safeguarding-focused interviews and a rigorous due diligence process.
Applications will close on September 20, 2023.
PLEASE APPLY AT THIS LINK: https://palladium.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/2/home/requisition/20242?c=palladium
Alte anunturi de angajare
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist/ă principal/ă al/a direcției combaterea spălării banilor și finanțării terorismului
- International Rescue Committee (IRC): Grants/Partnership Manager
- Termen extins: Terre des hommes Moldova anunță vacantă poziția de Comunicator(oare)/Jurnalist(ă) (part-time)
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert principal, pe durată determinată, responsabil de supraveghere bancară continuă (transparența acționarilor)
- Менеджер отдела продаж
- CRJM anunță extinderea termenului pentru angajarea unui/ei consilier/e juridic/e
- Legal Analyst Position - Cilc Haga Sucursala din Republica Moldova
- NRC Moldova is looking for a Shelter and WASH Technical Officer in Ocnita
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert principal, supravegherea și monitorizarea sistemelor și instrumentelor de plată
- WV Moldova - Request for Selection of Consultants