Moldova Future Technologies Activity
Funded by USAID, Sweden, and UK Aid
Specialist - ODA
The Future Technologies Activity (FTA) continues USAID, Sweden, and UK Aid’s legacy of sector competitiveness programming, building on lessons learned and adaptions, relationships, and local partner trust achieved by previous programs over the past 15 years. Building on previous successes in facilitating the development of diverse local partners, FTA uses a global market systems framework to continue to build capacity for sustainable, systemic progress while applying best practices to new partners and sectors. FTA co-creates systemic interventions with Moldovan partners to transform selected sectors by applying new technologies, promoting innovation, and integrating with global markets. FTA focuses on infusing digitalization, innovation and creativity, and sustainability across all sectors, with a particular focus on urban-based technology-enabled sectors including light manufacturing, information and communication technology (ICT), engineering, creative industries, and digital media.
The Organization for the Development of Entrepreneurship (ODA) is a public institution, founded by the Ministry of Economic Development and Digitalization, which operates according to Government Decision No. 487 of 2022. The mission of the institution is to support the development of entrepreneurship in the Republic of Moldova from the initiation of a business to its internationalization. ODA implements several state programs for entrepreneurial support (see oda.md for more information on ODA programs), including the Program for Supporting Digital Innovations and Technological Startups.
FTA partners with ODA and WNISEF to support the development and implementation of this program to support digital innovations and technological start-ups and grant non-refundable financing to innovative small and medium-sized enterprises and start-ups for products and services in the field of information and communication technologies, new technologies, to stimulate research and development in the field of information technologies and communications, prototyping and innovation in sustainable industrial production and green technologies.
The position works to achieve smooth implementation of the Program for Supporting Digital Innovations and Technological Startups at all stages, including – but not limited to – receiving applications from startups, evaluating the submitted investment projects, contract execution, ensuring adherence to compliance, and monitoring the attainment of predetermined targets, as well as maintaining productive relationships with program beneficiaries.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participates in the implementation of the Program for Supporting Digital Innovations and Technological Startups.
- Provides consultancy to small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in accessing financing for the application of innovative business models, the implementation of modern technologies to develop productivity and competitiveness, as well as integration in local and/or international value chains.
- Participates in the design and monitoring of the application submission process; ensures that the application criteria are clear and well-communicated to potential applicants.
- Offers support with establishing an evaluation committee or similar process to assess the submitted investment projects; supports the evaluation of project feasibility, innovation potential, and alignment with program objectives.
- Collaborates with legal teams in drafting and executing contracts with selected startups; ensures that contracts adhere to regulatory requirements and program guidelines.
- Ensures the reception and monitoring of the verification process of the files accepted for financing.
- Monitors and ensures that funded startups comply with program requirements and regulations; addresses any compliance issues or deviations promptly.
- Forwards proposals for the improvement of the programs/tools under the management of the implementation unit.
- Ensures the elaboration, examination, approval, and presentation of proposals for the modification/completion of the operational manuals for the implementation of state programs and other normative acts in the areas of competence of the subdivision.
- At least three years of experience in IT, technology, strategy, leadership, business development, business analysis, entrepreneurship, or related field.
- University degree in a relevant field.
- Demonstrated experience working effectively with various industry stakeholders, including the private sector, academia, the Government of Moldova, donors, and others.
- Experience in project implementation (project management).
- Knowledge in the field of economics, entrepreneurship and fiscal legislation, as well as methodologies, procedures and techniques for analyzing economic-financial activity, business plan development, and/or analysis and assessment of entrepreneurial activity risks.
- Experience in mentoring and business consulting will be considered an advantage.
- Fluency in Romanian and proficiency in English preferred with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
Please send an email with your CV attached and “Specialist - ODA” in the subject line to email@example.com by September 22, 2023.
No telephone inquiries, please. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist/ă principal/ă al/a direcției combaterea spălării banilor și finanțării terorismului
- International Rescue Committee (IRC): Grants/Partnership Manager
- Termen extins: Terre des hommes Moldova anunță vacantă poziția de Comunicator(oare)/Jurnalist(ă) (part-time)
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert principal, pe durată determinată, responsabil de supraveghere bancară continuă (transparența acționarilor)
- Менеджер отдела продаж
- CRJM anunță extinderea termenului pentru angajarea unui/ei consilier/e juridic/e
- Legal Analyst Position - Cilc Haga Sucursala din Republica Moldova
- NRC Moldova is looking for a Shelter and WASH Technical Officer in Ocnita
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert principal, supravegherea și monitorizarea sistemelor și instrumentelor de plată
- WV Moldova - Request for Selection of Consultants