Moldova Future Technologies Activity
Funded by USAID, Sweden, and UK Aid
Senior Specialist - ODA
The Future Technologies Activity (FTA) continues USAID, Sweden, and UK Aid’s legacy of sector competitiveness programming, building on lessons learned and adaptions, relationships, and local partner trust achieved by previous programs over the past 15 years. Building on previous successes in facilitating the development of diverse local partners, FTA uses a global market systems framework to continue to build capacity for sustainable, systemic progress while applying best practices to new partners and sectors. FTA co-creates systemic interventions with Moldovan partners to transform selected sectors by applying new technologies, promoting innovation, and integrating with global markets. FTA focuses on infusing digitalization, innovation and creativity, and sustainability across all sectors, with a particular focus on urban-based technology-enabled sectors including light manufacturing, information and communication technology (ICT), engineering, creative industries, and digital media.
The Organization for the Development of Entrepreneurship (ODA) is a public institution, founded by the Ministry of Economic Development and Digitalization, which operates according to Government Decision No. 487 of 2022. The mission of the institution is to support the development of entrepreneurship in the Republic of Moldova from the initiation of a business to its internationalization. ODA implements several state programs for entrepreneurial support (see oda.md for more information on ODA programs), including the Program for Supporting Digital Innovations and Technological Startups.
FTA partners with ODA and WNISEF to support the development and implementation of this program to support digital innovations and technological start-ups and grant non-refundable financing to innovative small and medium-sized enterprises and start-ups for products and services in the field of information and communication technologies, new technologies, to stimulate research and development in the field of information technologies and communications, prototyping and innovation in sustainable industrial production and green technologies.
The position works to achieve smooth implementation of the Program for Supporting Digital Innovations and Technological Startups at all stages, including – but not limited to – receiving applications from startups, evaluating the submitted investment projects, contract execution, ensuring adherence to compliance, and monitoring the attainment of predetermined targets, as well as maintaining productive relationships with program beneficiaries. The position also leads and guides co-specialist jointly working on implementation of the Program for Supporting Digital Innovations and Technological Startups.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Guides and monitors work of co-specialist (“Specialist – ODA”) consultant to ensure progress towards assignment objectives.
- Participates in the implementation of the Program for Supporting Digital Innovations and Technological Startups.
- Provides consultancy to small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in accessing financing for the application of innovative business models, the implementation of modern technologies to develop productivity and competitiveness, as well as integration in local and/or international value chains.
- Participates in the design and monitoring of the application submission process; ensures that the application criteria are clear and well-communicated to potential applicants.
- Offers support with establishing an evaluation committee or similar process to assess the submitted investment projects; supports the evaluation of project feasibility, innovation potential, and alignment with program objectives.
- Collaborates with legal teams in drafting and executing contracts with selected startups; ensures that contracts adhere to regulatory requirements and program guidelines.
- Ensures the reception and monitoring of the verification process of the files accepted for financing.
- Monitors and ensures that funded startups comply with program requirements and regulations; addresses any compliance issues or deviations promptly.
- Forwards proposals for the improvement of the programs/tools under the management of the implementation unit.
- Ensures the elaboration, examination, approval, and presentation of proposals for the modification/completion of the operational manuals for the implementation of state programs and other normative acts in the areas of competence of the subdivision.
- At least five years of experience in IT, technology, strategy, leadership, business development, business analysis, entrepreneurship, or related field.
- University degree in a relevant field.
- Demonstrated experience working effectively with various industry stakeholders, including the private sector, academia, the Government of Moldova, donors, and others.
- Experience in project implementation (project management); experience managing work and performance of consultants will be considered an advantage.
- Expertise in the field of economics, entrepreneurship and fiscal legislation, as well as methodologies, procedures and techniques for analyzing economic-financial activity, business plan development, and/or analysis and assessment of entrepreneurial activity risks.
- Experience in mentoring and business consulting will be considered an advantage.
- Fluency in Romanian and proficiency in English preferred with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
Please send an email with your CV attached and “Senior Specialist - ODA” in the subject line to email@example.com by September 22, 2023.
No telephone inquiries, please. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Development Results & Partnership Specialist (NOC) - UNDP Moldova Country Office
- AO Laolaltă anunță concurs de selectare a mentorilor pentru Hackathon-ul de inițiative comunitare la Centrul Comunitar 151
- CCR MD is hiring a Project Manager
- Extended deadline: NDI Moldova Job Vacancy, Senior Program Assistant - Democratization
- Project Analyst (NPSA-8) - UNDP Moldova/PBF Project
- Instituția Publică Organizația pentru Dezvoltarea Antreprenoriatului anunță concurs pentru postul de jurist principal (responsabil de achiziții publice), Secția juridica și achiziții
- UNDP Moldova: Security Associate - UNDP Moldova Country Office
- ADMA anunță concurs pentru ocuparea funcției vacante de Specialist principal / Specialistă principală în Secția dezvoltare și cooperare externă
- Coaliția Est-Europeană pentru Egalitatea LGBT+ angajează Contabil
- Manager Departament Comercial