Senior Finance Officer
HR-Consulting on behalf of his client - International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies/ Moldova Red Cross (IFRC/MRCS) is looking for a Senior Finance Officer.
Job duties and responsibilities:
Petty Cash Transactions
- Responsible for all aspects of petty cash in all currencies, receipts and payments out of petty cash, including ensuring that all transactions are correctly authorized and fully documented.
- Follow up on the cash reimbursement of staff.
- Monitor the office petty cash balances, and advice on any need to re-feed the petty cash in a timely manner.
- Preparation of the monthly cash count and obtain the required management signature. If appropriate more regular cash counts should be undertaken
- Supporting the office in opening of the bank accounts in line with IFRC procedures and policy.
- Preparing the payments through e-banking for authorization by the signatories.
- Ensuring intra-currency transactions as and when required.
CODA System Entry
- Daily Data input into CODA financial system in an accurate, efficient & timely manner.
- Checking that financial codes are correct before booking the transactions and inform line manager of any unavailable codes in the CODA system.
- Checking that document types are correct before booking the transactions.
- Organizing & filing of CODA documents, according to the standard filing system.
- Finance validation of the office payment authorizations, ensuring that all supporting documentation is attached.
- Ensure that all payments are validated and approved by the budget holder.
- Assist line manager in managing the funds and financial assets of the office.
Working advances: Verification and validation of working advance returns all staff and the Moldova RC
- Provide the working advances to office staff on time without delay.
- Monitor the working advances given to staff and obtain staff sign off on outstanding balances at month end.
- Follow up & ensure clearance of working advances.
- Calculate, reconcile, and advise staff on the outstanding working advance amount.
- Checking working advance reports received from National Societies and preparing comments, if any, input into CODA.
- Advise line manager on any pending working advance which requires his action to solve the issue.
- Assist with the preparation and coding of staff working advance journals where necessary.
- Assist line manager in ensuring the internal control environment for the office.
- Ensure full compliance with the financial procedures and guidelines for the office.
- Ensure segregation of duties, where possible.
Budgeting and project management
- Ensuring timely budget preparation and revision as per IFRC’s procedures.
- Efficient management of projects to ensure zero deficit.
- Timely submission of pledge-based reports to the donors.
- Supporting the program managers through submission of financial reports/browse on a regular basis.
- Contribute to the finance budget for proposal submission.
Preparation of documents and submission for VAT refund from the govt.
Closing the month
- Prepare cash reconciliation/cash count (at least twice a month)
- Follow-up on forecast submission with admin/programs and entering the same in CODA.
- Reconciliation of national society’s working advances.
- Reconcile prepayment accounts.
- Verification and reconciliation of supplier’s accounts in the balance sheet
- Ensure timely reversals on deposits and Prepayment accounts to the relevant projects.
- Reconciliation of employee working/Travel advance accounts.
- Ensure strong control of Bank accounts (Signatories /update/balances) - Bank reconciliations
- Preparation/follow-up on the booking of provisions
- Reconciliation of VAT account.
- Run revaluation and allocation in coordination with the CCD, Poland
- Obtain approval from HoO regarding allocation of FMC expenses and FX losses (gains). Prepare the necessary checks.
- Prepare cash request, balance sheet, fill in the monthly check.
- Prepare bilateral service invoices with posting SRI and SAFEE documents.
- Obtain HoO’s signature on CR, BS, checklist, cash count and bank reconciliations.
- Send the closing documents to ZFU within the due date.
- If corrections/modifications are required by RFU, make the necessary changes.
Field returns files
- Prepare the monthly field returns files (physical/electronic) to be submitted to the Zone Finance Unit in accordance with the deadlines, ensuring the availability of all supporting documents, and inform line manager of any missing documents.
Any other tasks assigned by the line manager.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in a financial role.
- Professional /academic qualification in finance or accounting
- Excellent communication skills (written, spoken, listening) in Romanian, good level of English
- Ability to work toward tight deadlines and handle multiple tasks
- Advanced computer skills - working with Ms Word, Excel
- Competitive salary (depends on experience)
- Experience working in an international NGO
- Monday through Friday, between 9 and 18
- Comfortable office in the center of Chisinau
Interested candidates may send CV in English to the HR-Consulting email address: email@example.com
For more information, please call: 060 422 844
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Selectarea unui/unei consultante în scopul elaborării programului de educație parentală pentru părinții romi
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert coordonator responsabil de reglementarea evidenței contabile în BNM
- Extended Deadline - Call for Tender – Purchase of production, editing, printing and design services in relation to the project “Combating discrimination, hate speech and hate crimes in the Republic of Moldova”
- Peace Corps: Small Grants Assistant
- UNV Procurement and Finance Associate - UNDP Moldova/M4EG project
- Oficiul Avocatului Poporului anunță concurs pentru ocuparea funcției publice de consultant/ă superior/ă, Direcția politici publice și legislație
- Project Associate (NPSA-7) - UNDP Moldova/EU Confidence Building Measures Programme (EU CBM V)
- UNDP Moldova: Project Associate (NPSA6) - Sustainable and Resilient Communities through Women Empowerment Project
- Anunț de angajare, Camera de Comerț și Industrie a Republicii Moldova!