The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
The British Embassy in Chisinau is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking to recruit a Corporate Services Assistant.
Job Category: Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (Operations and Corporate Services)
The Corporate Services Assistant is part of the Corporate Services Team, performing general corporate and administrative tasks and supporting Corporate team in the areas of Finance, Procurement, Logistics and HR. The CSA reports directly to the Corporate Services Manager (CSM). The job holder provides customer support to all UK and country based staff assisting the Corporate team in continuously improving the office’s operation and service delivery.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Operate Embassy switchboard and transfer calls.
- Maintain post transportation log; Prepare and monitor schedules and workload of the Embassy drivers; ensure that driving duties are fairly and equally distributed and completed.
- Maintain Conference room logs; check requests daily and make required arrangements.
- Dispatch, receive and sort official incoming and outgoing mail, handle courier requests.
- Maintain incoming and outgoing official correspondence.
- Arrange hotel and taxi bookings for BE guests and FCDO staff; revise regularly hotel special rates.
- Manage, order and monitor stationary stock, including cleaning supplies; manage float inventory and update stock when needed.
- Support the corporate team in finding further efficiencies and process improvement in order to improve service delivery.
- Administrator of an Embassy contacts database.
- Other ad hoc administrative duties as required by the Corporate Services Manager, for example inventories.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience:
- Professional proficiency in English and Romanian (written and spoken, minimum of C1 level for CEFR framework*), and Russian (written and spoken, minimum of B2 level for CEFR framework*);
- Minimum secondary education degree;
- Previous experience in relevant field (secretary, assistant, administration, operations etc);
- IT proficiency and ability to work across Microsoft office suite programmes (Teams, Word, Excel, Powerpoint);
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills;
- Ability to prioritize effectively in the midst of conflicting priorities and competing demands;
- Problem solving and ability to think through the next steps to inform positive change;
- Excellent customer care skills and the ability to respond to a range of customer needs;
- Resilience - the ability to work under pressure.
Application deadline: 17 September 2023
Grade: Administrative Assistant (AA)
Type of Position: Full-time, Permanent
Working hours per week: 35
Location: Chisinau, Republic of Moldova
Salary: 17,190 MDL (gross)
To apply for this position click HERE
Alte anunturi de angajare
- UNICEF Moldova: Individual Consultancy to support the Ministry of Labour and Social Protection and Ministry of Education and Research in carrying out social policy reforms
- Programme Assistant, Branch Development and Volunteer Management for International Federation of the Red Cross
- Project Associate (NPSA-6) - UNDP Moldova: Sustainable and Resilient Communities through Women Empowerment Project
- People in Need is hiring a Project Manager, Relief and Development Department /Civil Society and Good Governance
- Grants and Procurement Specialist / Chemonics International Inc
- Smm manager / copywritter
- Extended Term. Terms of reference for the selection of a group of consultants (one national and one international) for curriculum development and delivery of a Continuous Training Program to the personnel of the North Regional Centre for Integrated Assist
- Driver (GS3) - OHCHR Moldova
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert/ă consultant/ă în raportări
- Legal Analyst