Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are core principles at UNDP: we value diversity as an expression of the multiplicity of nations and cultures where we operate, we foster inclusion as a way of ensuring all personnel are empowered to contribute to our mission, and we ensure equity and fairness in all our actions. Taking a ‘leave no one behind’ approach to our diversity efforts means increasing representation of underserved populations. People who identify as belonging to marginalized or excluded populations are strongly encouraged to apply. Learn more about working at UNDP including our values and inspiring stories.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Environment, Climate Change & Energy Programme Specialist/ Cluster Lead, the Programme Associate provides leadership in execution of services in the CO Programme Unit, supports the design, planning and management of the country programme by managing data and facilitating programme implementation. The Programme Associate promotes a client-oriented approach consistent with UNDP rules and regulations.
The Programme Associate supervises and leads the support staff of the Programme Unit. The Programme Associate works in close collaboration with the operations, programme and project teams in the CO and UNDP IRH/HQ staff for resolving complex programme-related issues and information delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
Ensures administration and implementation of Environment, Climate Change and Energy Cluster strategies, adapts processes and procedures:
- Full compliance with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, and policies on programme and projects management, contribution to adjustments of relevant Standard Operating Procedures.
- Observation and provision of support on POPP compliance of projects and programme at all stages.
- Presentation of information/ reports for identification of areas for support and interventions in the area of environment, climate change, energy and disaster risk management.
- Contribution to the mainstreaming of gender, innovation, greening in Cluster and its projects.
- Provide support for effective monitoring of performance indicators/ success criteria, targets and milestones, preparation of reports.
- Contribution to development of e-tools to be applied in the Cluster/project management.
- Timely and qualitative inputs to the development of key strategic documents/processes: ROAR, SN, IWP, Project Quality Assurance, SP-IRRF, etc. provided. Efficient liaison with projects from the Cluster to timely collect relevant inputs for key strategic documents.
- Acting as alternate for project staff under responsibility or for other Programme Associates.
- Maintenance of Cluster Pipeline and Project Tree in corporate system.
Provides support for effective and efficient management of Cluster’s budget and finances:
- Entry of data of new financial contributions into Atlas in the form of Annual Work Plans (AWPs), monitoring of AWPs status. Initiation of a project, entering project into corporate system/UnAll, preparation or clearance of required budget revisions.
- Track of availability of cash for projects and coordination of installments’ transfer from donors. Follow up with HQs on ASL allocations for development projects under responsibility.
- Generation of the Annual CDRs for projects under responsibility and submission for signature to the National Coordinators.
- Analysis of the situation in programme, identification of operational and financial problems, development of solutions
- Provide support for preparation of audit of NIM missions of projects, implementation of audit recommendations.
- Proper control of the supporting documents for payments, review of projects Financial Reports.
- Support in preparation and clearance of projects’ financial reports to donors.
- Provide support to the Environment, Climate Change and Energy Cluster on operational and financial projects’ management and oversight
- Identification of operational and financial problems in Cluster, development of solutions.
- Liaising with HQ/Regional Bureau and national counterparts on financial and operational matters.
- Proper control of the supporting documents for payments, review of NIM projects Financial Reports.
- Maintenance of the internal expenditures control system which ensures that vouchers processed are matched and completed, transactions are correctly recorded and posted in corporate system/UnAll.
Provides administrative support to Cluster:
- Providing administrative support for project formulation, launch, implementation, and closing through supporting formulation missions, organization of project appraisal, closure, and evaluation including but not limited to: concluding contracts with external consultants, arranging travel, meetings, initiating recruitment processes and coordinate other logistics.
- Coordination of administrative processes for projects without staff, including management of contracts, payments, deliverables.
- Provision of guidance to the executing agencies and project teams on routine implementation of projects, tracking use of financial resources and quality control.
- Keep records of the reporting requirements for Cluster projects and ensure timely submission, including UnAll project logs updates and other corporate tasks.
- Timely and qualitative follow up of Monitoring, Evaluation and Audit recommendations, including timely update in the corporate systems.
Provides support in creation of strategic partnerships and implementation of the resource mobilization strategy:
- Implementation of the CO partnerships and resources mobilization strategies, preparation of reports.
- Analysis of information on donors, preparation of donor’s profile and database, establishment of contacts with donor counterparts.
- Introducing and updating projects in the Government Aid Management Platform
- Preparation of cost sharing and trust fund agreements, monitoring of fulfillment of contract clauses, terms and references,
- Track and reporting on mobilized resources.
Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing:
- Organization of trainings for the operations/programme/projects staff on issues related to programme management and use of UnAll and other internal platforms and tools.
- Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in programme.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Promotion of cross-practice collaboration, exchange of information and joint programming.
The key results have an impact on the overall CO efficiency in programme and success in implementation of programme strategies. Accurate analysis and presentation of information enhances UNDP position as a strong development partner. The information provided facilitates decision making of the management.
- Achieve Results: LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline
- Think Innovatively: LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements
- Learn Continuously: LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback
- Adapt with Agility: LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
- Act with Determination: LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident
- Engage and Partner: LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships
- Enable Diversity and Inclusion: LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination
Cross-Functional & Technical Competencies
- Effective Decision Making
- Ability to take decisions in a timely and efficient manner in line with one’s authority, area of expertise and resources
- Project Management
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and control resources, procedures and protocols to achieve specific goals
- Ability to provide managers and key stakeholders with regular feedback on the consistency or discrepancy between planned and actual activities and programme performance and results.
- Events Management (including retreats, trainings, and meetings)
- Ability to manage events, including venue identification, accommodation, logistics, catering, transportation, and cash disbursements, etc.
- Job design
- Ability to design job roles to meet specific organizational objectives.
- Results-based Management
- Ability to manage programmes and projects with a focus at improved performance and demonstrable results
- Financial Analysis
- Knowledge of evaluating businesses, projects, budgets, and other finance related transactions to determine their performance and suitability.
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary education, preferably with specialized certification in accounting and finance;
- Bachelor's degree in business or public administration, economics, political or social sciences, environmental sciences, or other related fields would be desired, but it is not a requirement.
- Minimum of 7 (seven) years (with secondary education) or minimum 4 (four) years (with Bachelor’s degree) of complex experience in administrative and financial work, project management support or related experience is required at the national or international level.
- Experience in development assistance or related assignments for a donor organization, consulting company or NGO.
- Highly competent in using computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Experience in providing financial, HR and procurement support/assistance preferably in development field.
- Experience with application of Results-Based Management (RBM) tools to programme/project cycle.
- Experience in the UN system and agencies, international and development assistance organizations is an asset.
- Fluency in English, Romanian and Russian (written and spoken) is required.
- Working knowledge of one or more additional languages relevant for Moldova, including Bulgarian, Gagauzian, Romani, Ukrainian or sign language would be an asset.
Please note that continuance of appointment beyond the initial 12 months is contingent upon the successful completion of a probationary period.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP has a zero-tolerance policy towards sexual exploitation and misconduct, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
UNDP is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer that does not discriminate based on race, sex, gender identity, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, age, language, social origin or other status.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Data de încheiere a postului vacant : 24 august 2023
Pentru a aplica, vă rugăm să adresați link-ul: Apply Now
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Junior Recruitment Officer (English and French)
- USAID/Moldova Job Vacancy Announcement - Voucher Examiner
- Dreamups angajează: Expert/ă în Managementul Financiar și Finanțare
- Policy Specialist
- Procurement Associate (NPSA-7) - EU Confidence Building Measures Programme, funded by the European Union, 11003
- Legal Analyst Position - Cilc Haga Sucursala din Republica Moldova
- International Rescue Committee (IRC): Grants/Partnership Manager
- ICT Officer Moldova
- FAO: Programme Assistant position to assist FAO Moldova in administrative and operational issues and be part of the Field Operations Team
- Local Administrator Specialist