Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are core principles at UNDP: we value diversity as an expression of the multiplicity of nations and cultures where we operate, we foster inclusion as a way of ensuring all personnel are empowered to contribute to our mission, and we ensure equity and fairness in all our actions. Taking a ‘leave no one behind’ approach to our diversity efforts means increasing representation of underserved populations. People who identify as belonging to marginalized or excluded populations are strongly encouraged to apply. Learn more about working at UNDP including our values and inspiring stories.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
The overall objective and expected outcome of this project is to secure that men and women on both banks of the Nistru River have better livelihoods and living conditions, due to an improved cross-river cooperation to access the opportunities offered by Moldova’s external trade arrangements, contributing to an environment of trust and cooperation across the post-conflict divide. The project is financed by Government of Sweden and UK and implemented by UNDP Moldova.
Specific project objectives (outputs):
- Output 1. Improved cross-river exchange of information, knowledge and experience on the export promotion mechanisms on the right bank, and awareness-raising on the opportunities provided by external trade agreements.
- Output 2. Enhanced competitiveness and joint exports of business communities from both riverbanks through improved companies’ exporting capacities and cluster and value chain development.
- Output 3. Enhanced capacities for policy formulation leading to a conducive business environment on both banks and reduction of barriers to trade and economic cooperation.
- Output 4. Expand the MSME sector in the Transnistrian region and security zone via support to new or emerging businesses, in particular women-led and with impact on the most vulnerable (migrants, young people including minorities representatives, elderly people etc.).
In this regard, project teams are being put in place to support project’s implementation. UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Project Associate will ensure, in line with the Project scope, the provision of the following development services and products pertaining to an effective administrative and financial management, as well as procurement:
- Proactively contribute to day-to-day project implementation and ensure conformity to expected results and project work-plans.
- Coordinate and prepare documents necessary for the launch of procurement processes and issue contracts.
- Supervise other support staff (Driver) and coordinate short-term consultants.
- Assume overall responsibility for the coordination of administrative matters.
- Provide advice to the team on financial and administrative issues.
- Monitor budget expenditures and maintain a proper record of approved project budgets and their revisions.
- Prepare proposals for budget revisions.
- Upon request, prepare and submit expenditure and programme budget status reports.
- Maintain accurate budget reporting in both UNDP and UK/SE standard templates.
- Prepare other recurring reports as scheduled and special reports as required for budget/financial preparations and audit.
- Respond to queries from the UNDP with respect to financial aspects of the programme, liaise with UNDP-appointed and external auditors wherever required.
- Undertake other financial and administrative tasks, as required.
- In accordance with the Work Plan coordinate and contribute to the procurement of equipment, supplies and services.
- Prepare the procurement plans for the projects and monitor their implementation.
- Create and manage e-requisitions.
- Coordinate equipment maintenance and insurance as required.
- Ensure that contractual processes follow the stipulated UNDP procedures.
- Clear and ensure delivery of equipment and supplies procured for the various programme sites.
- Prepare the procurement plans for the project and monitor their implementation.
- Organize procurement processes, including preparation and conduct of RFQs, ITBs or RFPs, development of bidding documents, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their evaluation, negotiation of conditions of contracts, in full compliance with UNDP rules and regulations.
- Organize procurement processes with respect to individual consultancy services (ICs, RLAs), coordinate receipt of applications and financial proposals, their evaluation, negotiation of certain conditions of contracts in full compliance with UNDP rules and regulations.
- Promote and monitor the transparency of the procurement and contractual processes, and the use of international best practices; ensure that contractual processes follow the stipulated UNDP.
- Draft contracts for goods and services for management approval.
- Effective management, maintenance of evidence and monitoring of awards and contracts with project implementing partners, consulting organizations, contractors, etc.
- Maintain records on national consultants, services providers and their respective status (contracts, ToRs, etc.) in accordance with corporate policies and procedures.
- Monitor supplier’s performance with respect to the quality and timely delivery of goods and services.
- Create and manage e-requisitions.
- Achieve Results: LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline.
- Think Innovatively: LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements.
- Learn Continuously: LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback.
- Adapt with Agility: LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible.
- Act with Determination: LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident.
- Engage and Partner: LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships.
- Enable Diversity and Inclusion: LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination.
Cross-Functional & Technical Competencies
- Digital awareness and literacy
- Ability and inclination to rapidly adopt new technologies, either through skillfully grasping their usage or through understanding their impact and empowering others to use them as needed.
- Working with evidence and data
- Ability to inspect, cleanse, transform and model data with the goal of discovering useful information, informing conclusions, and supporting decision-making.
- Ability to provide managers and key stakeholders with regular feedback on the consistency or discrepancy between planned and actual activities and programme performance and results.
- Budget management
- Ability to support budgetary aspects of work planning process, drawing and management of team budget.
- Financial planning and budgeting
- Ability to create and manage processes to achieve UNDP's long and short-term financial goals, including through planning, budgeting, forecasting, analyzing and reporting.
- Financial reporting and analysis
- Understands changes in regulatory, legal and ethical frameworks and standards for financial reporting in the public sector.
- Ability to extract, evaluate financial data, derive relevant findings and present them in a meaningful and coherent manner to facilitate effective decision making and performance monitoring.
- Understands the benefits of integrated reporting, including non-financial resources such as human, social and intellectual capital, and environmental and governance performance.
- Assets management
- Knowledge of policy & procedures on PP&E.
- Ability to prepare financial statements on PP&E.
- Maintain Asset Management Module in Quantum, Asset Dashboard.
- Develop supporting tools for assets certification and further enhancements for AM module.
- Design and run training programs, etc. on assets management and assets recording.
- Run AP-AM interface.
- Perform AP-AM-GL reconciliation.
- Perform analytical review of AM reports and asset information to ensure completeness and accuracy of asset information.
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary education is required.
- University Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance or accounting or equivalent field will be given due consideration, but it is not a requirement.
- Minimum 7 years (with Secondary education) or 4 years (with Bachelor’s degree) of experience in administrative work, accounting/finance, economics, or other substantive area is required.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advance knowledge e of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Experience in providing effective administrative and logistical support.
- Experience in office maintenance and assets management.
- Proven experience in a similar position in UN Agencies will be considered an advantage.
- Experience in development assistance or related work for a development organization, consulting company, or NGO.
- Fluency in oral and written English and Romanian.
- Knowledge of one or more minority languages relevant for Moldova, including Russian, Romani, Gagauzian, Bulgarian, Ukrainian and sign language, is an asset.
Under the guidance and direct supervision of Project Managers, the Project Associate in cooperation to project staff shall contribute to an effective and efficient implementation of the projects’ activities via administrative and financial management. The Project Associate will apply and promote the principles of results-based management (RBM), as well as a client-oriented approach consistent with UNDP rules and regulations. The Project Associate will work in close collaboration with the Projects’ teams as well as the team in the Country Office (CO) for effective achievement of results, anticipating and contributing to resolving complex project-related issues and information delivery. The incumbent is expected to exercise full compliance with UNDP programming, financial, procurement and administrative rules, regulations, policies, and strategies, as well as implementation of the effective internal control systems.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP has a zero-tolerance policy towards sexual exploitation and misconduct, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
UNDP is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer that does not discriminate based on race, sex, gender identity, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, age, language, social origin or other status.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Data de încheiere a postului vacant : 11 august 2023
Pentru a aplica, vă rugăm să adresați link-ul: Apply Now
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Caritas Cehia în Moldova anunță concurs de selectare a unui expert (e) pentru dezvoltarea și coordonarea unui plan de sustenabilitate pentru serviciile medicale de îngrijire la domiciliu
- Centrul CONTACT angajează expert/expertă sau grup de experți în evaluarea finală a capacității în Advocacy a 3 Platforme de OSC-uri din republică
- UNICEF Moldova: Programme Associate, GS-6 (FT)_for Moldova nationals/residents only - recruitment for 2 posts
- Recruitment Internship (remunerated)
- Caritas Moldova is Hiring Project Coordinator
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist principal responsabil de raportarea financiară
- The Delegation of the European Union to the Republic of Moldova is looking for a Project Officer in the Cooperation section (job n° 48965)
- Product Management Chief
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert principal, pe durată determinată, responsabil de supraveghere bancară continuă (transparența acționarilor)
- HelpAge International angajează Expert(ă) în domeniul îmbătrânirii active și sănătoase