Background and Organizational Context
The UN Human Rights Office (Office of the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights – OHCHR) represents the world's commitment to universal ideals of human dignity. It has a unique mandate from the international community to promote and protect all human rights.
The OHCHR field presence in Moldova, led by the Human Rights Adviser, assists the UN RC Office, UN Country Team in Moldova (UNCT), Government and civil society in strengthening human rights and human rights-based approaches, working closely with the UN Country Team on capacity building and mainstreaming human rights in their work, as well as providing support in engagement with national actors on human rights, including advising national authorities upon request. Thematic priorities for work are: Strengthening rule of law and accountability for human rights violations; Enhancing equality and countering discrimination Integrating human rights in sustainable development; Enhancing civic space and people’s participation.
Starting from June 2023, OHCHR will begin a protection monitoring project aiming at improving the protective environment and the equal access to services for refugees with specific needs and the most vulnerable host community members in Moldova including the Transnistrian region. With the overall aim to ensure effective Programme implementation, OHCHR plans to hire a Driver/Administrative Clerk, based in Chisinau, Moldova to support the work of the OHCHR country team.
Under the guidance of the Human Rights Adviser, the direct supervision of the Administrative and Finance Associate, the incumbent assists in the implementation of the project through a range of actions, including driving and administrative support. The employee applies and promotes a client-oriented approach consistent with OHCHR rules and regulations.
The incumbent is expected to exercise full compliance with OHCHR programming, financial, procurement and administrative rules, regulations, policies and strategies, as well as implementation of the effective internal control systems.
Key Duties and Accountabilities
- Provision of reliable and secure driving services
- Proper use of vehicle
- Day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle
- Delivery of the documents/supplies.
Car maintenance and driving
- Ensure proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for other related repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc.
- Ensures proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, preparation of monthly summary of fuel consumption and reports to the Administrative and Finance Associate;
- Provide reliable and safe driving services:
- Drive vehicles for the transport of OHCHR staff and visitors;
- Delivery/collection of mail, documents, cargo, pouch and other items;
- Meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport including arranging visa and customs formalities when required;
- Ensure safe and timely driving for field trips in- or out-side the country;
- Ensure availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle;
- Ensure that all relevant OHCHR rules and regulations are met if involved in an accident.
- Provide support to the Administrative and Finance Associate/Programme team in performing registry-related duties, such as photocopying and archiving correspondence/project files;
- Deliver the project correspondence/material, mails and project documents;
- Provide logistical support to Administrative and Finance Associate/Programme team for the organization and preparation of workshops, meetings and events, travel and accommodation arrangements for project personnel/consultants;
- Assist Administrative and Finance Associate in obtaining quotations for vehicle repairs/servicing;
- Ensures office space meets security requirements;
- Perform minor renovation works in the office space;
- Other duties as assigned.
The incumbent performs other duties within their functional profile as deemed necessary for the efficient functioning of the Office and the Organization
- Secondary Education. Valid Driver’s license.
- University Degree in Technical Sciences is an advantage.
Experience, Knowledge, and Skills
- 0 years of experience as a driver (with Bachelor’ s degree) or 3 years of experience as a driver (with Secondary Education);
- safe driving record;
- experience in administrative/clerical work;
- previous experience working in an international organization or driving senior-level officials is an advantage;
- experience in minor vehicle repair is an advantage;
- experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc), experience in handling various office equipment an advantage.
- Fluency in both oral and written Romanian and Russian, basic knowledge of English;
- Fluency in written and oral English is an advantage;
- Working knowledge of one or more additional languages relevant for Moldova, including Bulgarian, Gagauzian, Romani, Ukrainian or sign language is an asset.
|LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline|
|LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements|
|LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback|
Adapt with Agility
|LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible|
|Act with Determination||LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident|
Engage and Partner
|LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships|
Enable Diversity and Inclusion
|LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination|
Core Behavioral Competencies & Technical competencies:
|Business Management||Project Management||Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and control resources, procedures and protocols to achieve specific goals|
Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and ambiguous manner both through written and verbal communication; to tailor messages and choose communication methods depending on the audience
Ability to manage communications internally and externally, through media, social media and other appropriate channels
Administration and Operations
Knowledge of policy and procedures on fleet management
|Business Management||Customer Satisfaction/Client Management||
Ability to respond timely and appropriately with a sense of urgency, provide consistent solutions, and deliver timely and quality results and/or solutions to fulfil
and understand the real customers' needs. Provide inputs to the development of
customer service strategy. Look for ways to add value beyond clients' immediate requests. Ability to anticipate client's upcoming needs and concerns.
|Business Management||Act with Determination||
Pursue everything with motivation and drive
Not give up in the face of adversity and setbacks; demonstrate resilience and composure
Demonstrate courage, self-motivation and initiative to act on opportunities without being prompted by others
Be authentic and modest, get things done without unnecessary noise
Actively pursue opportunities for learning and self-development professionally and personally
Keep abreast of new developments in one’s professional area
Proactively seek feedback, demonstrates a desire to learn from others as well as from experiences, both positive and negative
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP has a zero-tolerance policy towards sexual exploitation and misconduct, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
UNDP is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer that does not discriminate based on race, sex, gender identity, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, age, language, social origin or other status.
UNDP is committed to workforce diversity. Women, persons with disabilities, Roma and other ethnic or religious minorities, persons living with HIV, as well as refugees and other non-citizens legally entitled to work in the Republic of Moldova, are particularly encouraged to apply.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
To apply please follow the link/Pentru a aplica, vă rugăm să adresați link-ul: Apply
Advertisement end date/Data de încheiere a postului vacant: 05 July 2023
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Communication Specialist at HIAS Moldova
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de contabil coordonator, responsabil de operațiuni monetar-valutare
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist principal, pe durată determinată, responsabil de control și evaluare riscuri
- Marketing Assistant
- Project Associate (NPSA-7) - Enhancing democracy in Moldova through inclusive and transparent elections (phase II) Project
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist/ă principal/ă, perioadă determinată, Direcția rezoluție bancară
- Project Associate (NPSA-7) - UNDP Moldova/AdTrade Project
- ADMA anunță concurs pentru ocuparea funcției vacante de Specialist principal / Specialistă principală în Secția dezvoltare și cooperare externă
- Project Associate (NPSA-6) - (Procurement-based) - UNDP Moldova/Green Transition Project
- Concurs de selectare a unui psiholog și a unui jurist/avocat în domeniul prevenirii violenței asupra femeilor în etate