This position is part of the Security Team within UN House Administrative Unit. UN House Security Team consists of 8 (eight) Security Guards. Security Guard duties are performed in eight (8) or twelve (12) hour rotating shifts which ensure coverage of security posts on 24/7 basis.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Security Associate, the UN House Security Assistant coordinates the activity of the Security Team and provides reliable security services ensuring protection of UN House personnel and premises. The UN House Security Assistant demonstrates a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy, tact and the ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds, surveillance skills on video cameras, efficient response to incidents.
Scope of Work
- Supervision of Security Team
- Access Control
- Control Center
- Emergency Response
- Overall support to coordination of UN security activities
Supervision of Security Team
- Develop monthly shifts schedules for the Security Team.
- Daily supervision and overall coordination of UN House Security Team members. Performance evaluation for the UN House Security Guards and coordination of performance appraisal with UNHMC.
- Maintain evidence of work attendance for Security Guards, including replacements and ensure Leave Monitoring.
- Prepare and submit the documents for timely payment of the Security Guards’ replacements.
- Monthly report to the UN House Management Committee about incidents, security gaps and needs.
- Review and adjust the UN House building emergency evacuation plans, directory of building door keys, and maps of the city.
- Draft and update the UN House security SOPs and any other security related documents.
- Draft and monitor the annual leaves schedule of the Security Team. Organize and conduct training sessions for UN House Security Guards on security measures.
- Maintain all logbooks with respect to established procedures.
- Perform the pedestrian access control to the UN House facilities ensuring that all personnel and visitors desiring access are properly identified, screened and directed:
- Control admissions of authorized personnel and movements of United Nations property into and out of the premises;
- Control entry of employees, requesting identification from those not known or recognized;
- Receive and control visitors; Enter their names in the Visitors Log and inform by telephone the office or person to be seen; Visitor is either escorted or, in some cases, instructed how to reach the appropriate office;
- Receive notification calls when visitors leave offices and register time of their departure from the building; Ensure that all visitors depart in timely manner, after notification of visit termination.
- When assigned at the UN House pedestrian entrance (LGF Post 1), the UN House Security Assistant controls the entry of UN House employees, day laborers, and visitors, ensuring no contraband or unauthorized items are brought into the UN House compound. The incumbent maintains a log of visitors and monitors closed-circuit video cameras (CCTV) for potential problems. Incumbent also issues and keeps track of visitor badges and keys to the UN House unrestricted areas, ensuring both are returned in a timely manner. After working hours, the incumbent will occasionally transfer calls to appropriate mission personnel. This post operates 24 hours a day. The UN House Security Assistant identify the suspect persons and objects and timely report about the incidents to supervisor. Take in immediate security measures in ad hoc incidents.
- Perform the vehicular access control to the UN House facilities ensuring that official, staff and visitor vehicles desiring access are properly identified, inspected and directed. This post operates 24 hours a day:
- When assigned to the vehicle screening area, the guard will thoroughly inspect each incoming vehicle, opening the gate only for vehicles authorized compound access;
- UN House Security Assistant will randomly conduct explosives tests of vehicles;
- In bomb alert incidents in the town, the incumbent will increase control of checking entering car in the compound with the special mirror.
- Ensure that no unauthorized personnel gain access to UN House facilities.
- Ensure that all persons entering or removing equipment from UN House premises present the equipment and valid document in which this action is duly authorized.
- Ensure that all packages and briefcases of all visitors are opened and inspected on entry.
- Conduct patrolling of entire UN House and its inner, outer perimeter and parking area in front of the compound, including overnight guard duties, and reports any irregularities.
- Conduct physical security checks of compound and offices ensuring that they are properly secured. Check that all office equipment, air conditioners, lights, etc. are turned off after the working hours.
- Use of technical screening equipment to prevent prohibited items from entering the facility.
- Use of variety access control technical equipment.
- Maintain control of the emergency key system and its log sheet.
- Implement all related and prescribed technical and nontechnical measures.
- Maintaining operation of the security control center.
- Drafting and elaboration of Access Cards, maintenance of records of issued, lost and transmitted to personnel access cards.
- Monitor and control following:
- UN House Emergency Line and Panic Button;
- Video Surveillance System;
- Fire Safety and Suppression System;
- Electronic door locking/access control system;
- VHF working channel for d/s Area;
- Be familiar with existing procedures and comply with them.
- Act as a support response during any emergency or incident and promptly report to the Supervisors.
- Be familiar with emergency procedures and all issued Security Standard Operating Procedures and Contingency plans.
- Implement UN House emergency procedures and measures in case of such event.
- Know how to properly employ firefighting equipment should a fire be discovered on premises.
- Respond to emergencies affecting the safety and security of UN House personnel, visitors, assets and facilities by following the authorized emergency procedures and notifying the Supervisors.
Overall support to coordination of UN security activities
- Provide support to UNDSS Field Security Associate and UNDP Head of Operations on implementation of Warden System, including elaboration of maps, security routes and other relevant documents.
- Provide security trainings to UN staff in coordination with UNDSS Field Security Associate.
- Coordinate involvement of Security Guards in provision of security support to UN Agencies during the mass protests, patrolling, and/or for UN events organized inside the UN House and in other locations.
- Monitor the media and report to UNDSS Field Security Associate about any potential protests and incidents in the town.
Acts as the alternate of the UNDSS Field Security Associate in his/her absence.
Direct supervisor: Security Associate, UNDP Moldova
Core CompetenciesAchieve Results: LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline
Think Innovatively: LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements
Learn Continuously: LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback
Adapt with Agility: LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
Act with Determination: LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident
Engage and Partner: LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships
Enable Diversity and Inclusion: LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination
UNDP People Management Competencies can be found in the dedicated site.
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies
Business Management/Customer Satisfaction/Client Management
Ability to respond timely and appropriately with a sense ofg urgency, provide consistent solutions, and deliver timely and quality results and/or solutions to fulfill and understand the real customer’s needs.
Ability to anticipate client’s upcoming needs and concerns.
Ability to make an independent judgement based on set criteria and benchmarks.
Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and unambiguous manner both through written and verbal communication; to tailor messages and choose communication methods depending on the audience.
Ability to manage communications internally and externally, through media, social media and other appropriate channels.
Security Services/Security incident management and monitoring
Ability to provide adequate response to security incidents/events
Security policies/Security policy awareness and implementation
Knowledge of security policy concepts and ability to apply to strategical and/or practical situations
Security services/Safety management (including Air, road, Fire)
Knowledge of air, road and fire safety programmes/systems and ability to assess risks and identify mitigation measures
Security Services/Physical/premises security design, implementation and management
Ability to conduct accurate premises assessments on UN facilities to ensure appropriate mitigation measures are in place. Ability to design, support and test physical security systems for UNDP premises.
- Secondary education.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in providing security services, including experience working in a police, military or other governmental, private or international organization security service.
- Proven work experience as a Security Guard with an international organization or Embassy is an asset.
- Knowledge of Windows, Corel Draw and MS Office applications.
- Previous experience with: Video Surveillance equipment, Technical protection equipment, Radio and other Telecommunication Equipment is an asset.
- Knowledge of Windows and MS Office applications.
- Ability to manage the security system including CCTV, Access control and fire-alarm system.
- Driving license is an advantage.
- Proven work experience as a Security Guard with an international organization or Embassy is an asset.
- Previous experience with: Technical protection equipment, Radio and other Telecommunication Equipment is an asset.
- Fluency in Romanian and Russian and intermediary level of English is required.
- Working knowledge of one or more additional languages relevant for Moldova, including Russian, Bulgarian, Gagauzian, Romani, Ukrainian or sign language would be an asset.
- Relevant training and professional accreditation in areas such as field security and information security is considered an asset.
- Relevant training in UN DSS learning system is considered an asset.
The following documents shall be required from the applicants:
- Personal CV or P11, indicating all past positions held and their main underlying functions, their durations (month/year), the qualifications, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate, and at least three (3) the most recent professional references of previous supervisors. References may also include peers.
- A cover letter (maximum length: 1 page) indicating why the candidate considers him-/herself to be suitable for the position.
- Managers may ask (ad hoc) for any other materials relevant to pre-assessing the relevance of their experience, such as reports, presentations, publications, campaigns or other materials.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
To apply please follow the link/Pentru a aplica, vă rugăm să adresați link-ul: Apply
Advertisement end date/Data de încheiere a postului vacant: 15 June 2023
Alte anunturi de angajare
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert principal responsabil de achiziții publice
- Asistent Manager (secretară) – Radio Chișinău (Radio România)
- Asociația „The Moldova Project” anunţă concurs de angajare pentru funcția de Psiholog
- ACTED is hiring Logistics Liaison Assistant - Chisinau
- UNICEF Moldova: National Individual Consultancy for the Development of the Policy Document on Digitalization of the Education Sector
- UNDP Moldova: Project Associate (NPSA7) - Resilient, Inclusive Markets in Moldova (RIM) Project
- Procurement Associate (NPSA-7) - EU Confidence Building Measures Programme, funded by the European Union, 11003
- Specialist Revizie Internă A.O. "CONCORDIA. Proiecte Sociale"
- Координатор Детского Центра Цифрового Обучения, неполный рабочий день, Анений Ной
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist principal al direcției combaterea spălării banilor și finanțării terorismului