Projects: Partnership for Good Governance III – Enhancing the anti-money laundering and asset recovery regime in the Republic of Moldova and Action against Corruption in the Republic of Moldova (phase 2) are hiring Senior Project Officers.
Do you have experience in the implementation of co-operation projects? Would you like to contribute to the activities of an International Organisation working for human rights, democracy and the rule of law? Are you interested in contributing to the fight against economic crime? If so, our job offer may be the right opportunity for you.
As a Senior Project Officer, you will:
- plan, organise, co-ordinate, implement and follow up on project activities in accordance with the project workplan and calendar of activities, in close co-ordination with the project team in Chisinau and in headquarters (HQ) and in co-operation with local partners and stakeholders; report problems encountered; suggest priorities and adjustments as necessary;
- establish and develop effective contacts and liaise with local stakeholders and project consultants as regards the implementation of project activities;
- regularly inform the Head of the Council of Europe Office about the implementation of the Project and co-ordinate your work within the broader framework of the overall activities of the Council of Europe Office in Chisinau;
- advise and brief the management in HQ on progress of the project implementation and other project-related issues; assist in the event of an evaluation or audit of the project;
- ensure quality and relevance of project outputs; suggest adjustments as necessary;
- ensure office management and organise the work of assistants;
- draft and provide elements to all project related reports (activity and progress reports, mission reports, information notes, briefings, contributions, etc.) within set deadlines;
- contribute to raising the visibility of the project by drafting web news items and press releases, by disseminating information and by providing advice and input on publications, in line with the Project’s communication and visibility plan;
- co-ordinate and contribute to the financial, administrative and technical implementation of the Project and ensure close budgetary follow-up of all project expenditures, in accordance with regulations, procedures and donor requirements;
- select local service providers and negotiate contracts in consultation with headquarters;
- undertake official journeys in connection with the project activities;
- performs any other task related to the implementation of the project as requested.
What we are looking for
As a minimum, you must:
- hold a University degree or qualification in law, economics, political sciences, public administration, international relations or related field;
- have a minimum of 3 years’ relevant professional experience in management of technical assistance projects focusing on the fight against economic and organised crime or at least 5 years of experience in public sector institutions working in related fields to those mentioned above;
- have an excellent knowledge of Moldovan/Romanian (mother tongue level) and a very good knowledge of one of the two official languages of the Council of Europe (English);
- be a citizen of the host country or one of the 46 member States of the Council of Europe and fulfil the conditions for appointment to the civil service of that state;
- have discharged any obligation concerning national service (military, civil or comparable);
- not be the parent, child, stepchild or grandchild of a serving staff member of the Council of Europe;
- be under the age of 65 years.
What we offer
If successful, you may be offered employment based on temporary contract at grade B5. Employment is limited to 31 September 2024 and may be extended, based on satisfactory performance and availability of funding. You will receive a basic monthly gross salary of € 1803,52 which is exempt from national income tax. This salary may be supplemented by other allowances depending on your personal situation and you will be affiliated to a Council of Europe pension scheme. You will also benefit from private medical insurance, 32 working days leave per year and other benefits (including flexible working hours, training and development, possibility of teleworking, etc.).
This recruitment procedure is carried out in accordance with Rule No. 1234 of 15 December 2005 laying down the conditions of recruitment and employment of locally recruited temporary staff members working in Council of Europe Duty Stations located outside of France. If your profile matches our needs and you are not recruited straight away, you may be placed on a reserve list.
Applications and selection procedure
Deadline for applications is 08 June 2023 (midnight French time). Applications must be made in English or French using the Council of Europe online application system. By connecting to our website www.coe.int/jobs you can create and submit your online application. Please fill out the online application form providing all requested details and explain how your competencies make you the best candidate for this role. It usually takes a few hours to fill in an application form, so please take this information into consideration while applying.
Only applicants who best meet the abovementioned criteria will be considered for the next stage, which will consist of assessments and an interview. Further information on the assessment process will be provided to the selected candidates in due course.
Applications from staff members of the Council of Europe, who currently hold a fixed-term (CDD) contract or former staff members whose fixed-term contract has ended less than 12 months before the deadline for applications, will not be considered.
As an equal opportunity employer, the Council of Europe welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates, irrespective of sex, gender, marital or parental status, sexual orientation, ethnic or social origin, disability, religion or belief. Under its equal opportunities policy, the Council of Europe is aiming to achieve parity in the number of women and men employed at all levels in the Organisation. In the event of equal merit, preference will therefore be given to the applicant belonging to the under-represented sex in the grade. During the different stages of the recruitment procedure, specific measures may be taken to ensure equal opportunities for candidates with disabilities.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Manager servicii de plasament de tip rezidențial copii A.O.„CONCORDIA.Proiecte Sociale”
- Coordonator al Centrului de învățare digitală, Jumătate de normă, Anenii Noi
- Project Associate (NPSA-6) - UNDP Moldova/ Joint Project Emergency support for agri-producers in the context of socio-economic and energy crisis and top-ups from SDC and Japan Supplementary Budget
- UNICEF Moldova: Long-Term Agreement for Translation Services (National Individual)
- Caritas Moldova is hiring Finance Manager
- Profesor formator de artă
- Formator: Introducere în Cadrul Legal Internațional și Național și Servicii de Protecție Socială
- IREX Moldova/Comunitatea Mea program vacancy - Program Coordinator
- Project HOPE is hiring Logistic Officer
- Education USA Russia Adviser (Virtual - Located Outside Russia)