UNODC has specific mandates to assist countries to provide injecting drug users, prisoners with evidence-informed, comprehensive HIV prevention, treatment and care services through advocacy; support in developing effective legislation and policies; support in developing comprehensive evidence-based strategies and programs; building capacity of national stakeholders including government agencies, civil society and community organizations to ensure optimum coverage of these population groups with HIV services.
Since 2011 UNODC has been implementing technical cooperation project in Moldova that addresses programmatic aspects and capacity building needs with the ultimate aim to improve availability, coverage and quality of HIV services for injecting drug users and prisoners. The position is located in the UNODC project office in Chisinau.
Under the overall guidance supervision HQ HIV/AIDS section and the direct supervision of the National HIV/AIDS Officer in Moldova the incumbent assists in the effective and efficient management of the project operations in Moldova through a range of actions contributing to the design, planning, and management and monitoring of project activities. The Project Associate applies and promotes the principles of results-based management (RBM), as well as a client-oriented approach consistent with UNDP rules and regulations.
The Project Associate works in close collaboration with the project members for effective achievement of results, anticipating and contributing to resolving complex programme/project-related issues and information delivery. The incumbent is expected to exercise full compliance with UNDP programming, financial, procurement and administrative rules, regulations, policies and strategies, as well as implementation of the effective internal control systems. The focus of the job is to provide administrative and organizational support to the implementation of UNODC project “Prevention of HIV/AIDS amongst people wo use drugs and people in prisons, including on the left bank” in Moldova.
Functions / Key Results Expected
• Pro-actively contribute to day-to-day project implementation and ensure conformity to expected results and project work-plans
• Liaison with UNDP Operations Center on a variety of the operations related issues: finance, procurement, administration, IT and HR
• Support in maintaining updated database of project counterparts, contractors, grantees, consultants, suppliers, collect relevant information on best services and expertise providers
• Draft project related correspondence and communication documents
• Preparation of payment requests, reports in line with UNODC/UNDP requirements
• Daily communication with UNODC Headquarters in Vienna
• Permanent oral and written communication with the stakeholders from both right and left banks
• Arrangement of project activities (meetings, round tables, conferences, other public activities)
• Provision of full logistical and travel support for the high-level events, seminars, workshops, other
• Arrangement of travel/visa support for UN officials/staff, consultants, partners in accordance with UN rules and procedures
• Preparation of routine correspondence, faxes, memoranda, short translations, proofreading, invitations, minutes
• Provide support for development and documentation of project documents, including drafting TOR, progress reports
• Preparation of records on assets management in line with respective rules and procedures
• Maintenance of files and records
• Performance of other secretarial/assistant/reception functions on request
• Draft press releases and update UN/UNODC webpage with agency related news
• Prepare requests for advance of funds and/or direct payments;
• Monitor budget expenditures and maintain a proper record of approved project budgets and their revisions;
• Prepare and submit expenditure and project budget status reports;
• Prepare recurring reports as scheduled and special reports as required for budget preparations and audit;
• Advise and assist international advisors and national consultants on all aspects of allowances, travel claims and other financial matters and calculate payments due for claims and services;
• Undertake other financial and administrative tasks on an ad hoc basis
Procurement and HR Functions:
• Ensure full compliance of procurement activities with rules, regulations, policies and strategies including implementation of the effective internal control. Communicate with the HQ office to ensure that procurement procedures are in accordance with UNODC/UNDP rules;
• Provide support in preparation and update of the procurement plan
• Collection and preparation of documents for contract issuance and payments
• Assist in process of procurement and delivery of project goods and services (RFQs, RFPs, ICs, etc.), preliminary evaluation of quotations, bids or proposals
• Assist with recruitment of personnel. Collect documentation for recruitment and contract extension
• Assists in developing and implementing a sourcing strategy in order to actively search for and identify the most suitable and qualified project personnel and consultants
• Maintain stationery and office supplies, order and arrange purchasing stationery, purchase equipment when needed
• Arrange for equipment maintenance, insurance as required and register in the system
• Maintain an equipment and spare inventory including verification and transfer when required
Professionalism: Knowledge of internal policies, processes and procedures generally and in particular those related to programme/project administration, implementation and evaluation, technical cooperation, programming and budgeting. Understanding of the functions and organization of the work unit and of the organizational structure and respective roles of related units. Ability to work well with figures, undertake basic research and gather information from standard sources. Demonstrated ability to apply good judgment in the context of assignments given. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
Planning & Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
Accountability: Takes ownership of all responsibilities and honours commitments; delivers outputs for which one has responsibility within prescribed time, cost and quality standards; operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules; supports subordinates, provides oversight and takes responsibility for delegated assignments; takes personal responsibility for his/her own shortcomings and those of the work unit, where applicable.
Creativity: Actively seeks to improve programmes or services; offers new and different options to solve problems or meet client needs; promotes and persuades others to consider new ideas; takes calculated risks on new and unusual ideas; thinks “outside the box”; takes an interest in new ideas and new ways of doing things; is not bound by current thinking or traditional approaches.
Client Orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
Commitment to Continuous Learning: Keeps abreast of new developments in own occupation/profession; actively seeks to develop oneself professionally and personally; contributes to the learning of colleagues and subordinates; shows willingness to learn from others; seeks feedback to learn and improve.
Technological Awareness: Keeps abreast of available technology; understands applicability and limitation of technology to the work of the office; actively seeks to apply technology to appropriate tasks; shows willingness to learn new technology.
- University Degree in social sciences, communication, economics, law, public administration, political sciences or other related field.
• At least three years of experience in administrative work, accounting/finance, logistics or other substantive area is required.
• Previous experience in development assistance or related work for a donor organization, consulting company, or NGO is a very strong advantage.
• Previous experience in drafting communication documents, drafting official letters and correspondence with the stakeholders
• Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advanced knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems.Language Requirements:
Fluency in oral and written English, Russian and Romanian are a must. Most of work is with the counterparts from Tiraspol and the Headquarters, therefore an excellent command of all three languages is required.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP has a zero-tolerance policy towards sexual exploitation and misconduct, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
UNDP is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer that does not discriminate based on race, sex, gender identity, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, age, language, social origin or other status.
UNDP is committed to workforce diversity. Women, persons with disabilities, Roma and other ethnic or religious minorities, persons living with HIV, as well as refugees and other non-citizens legally entitled to work in the Republic of Moldova, are particularly encouraged to apply.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
To apply please follow the link/Pentru a aplica, vă rugăm să adresați link-ul: Apply
Advertisement end date/Data de încheiere a postului vacant: 19 septembrie 2023
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Selectarea unui/unei consultante în scopul elaborării programului de educație parentală pentru părinții romi
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert coordonator responsabil de reglementarea evidenței contabile în BNM
- Extended Deadline - Call for Tender – Purchase of production, editing, printing and design services in relation to the project “Combating discrimination, hate speech and hate crimes in the Republic of Moldova”
- Peace Corps: Small Grants Assistant
- UNV Procurement and Finance Associate - UNDP Moldova/M4EG project
- Oficiul Avocatului Poporului anunță concurs pentru ocuparea funcției publice de consultant/ă superior/ă, Direcția politici publice și legislație
- Project Associate (NPSA-7) - UNDP Moldova/EU Confidence Building Measures Programme (EU CBM V)
- UNDP Moldova: Project Associate (NPSA6) - Sustainable and Resilient Communities through Women Empowerment Project
- Anunț de angajare, Camera de Comerț și Industrie a Republicii Moldova!