BACKGROUND ON IMPACT AND REACH REACH was born in 2010 as a joint initiative of two International NGOs (IMPACT Initiatives and ACTED) and the United Nations Operational Satellite Applications Programme (UNOSAT). REACH’s purpose is to promote and facilitate the development of information products that enhance the humanitarian community’s decision making and planning capacity for emergency, reconstruction and development contexts. REACH facilitates information management for aid actors through three complementary services: (a) need and situation assessments facilitated by REACH teams; (b) situation analysis using satellite imagery; (c) provision of related database and (web)-mapping facilities and expertise.
IMPACT Initiatives is a humanitarian NGO, based in Geneva, Switzerland. The organization manages several initiatives, including the REACH Initiative. The IMPACT team comprises specialists in data collection, management and analysis and GIS. IMPACT was launched at the initiative of ACTED, an international NGO whose headquarter is based in Paris and is present in thirty countries. The two organizations have a strong complementarity formalized in a global partnership, enabling IMPACT to benefit from ACTED’s operational support on its fields of intervention.
We are currently looking for a Assessment Officer to support our team in Moldova.
Assessment Officer - Chișinău
Position: Assessment Officer
Starting Date: ASAP
The Assessment Junior Officer is responsible for overseeing the planning, implementation and follow up of research cycles to which s/he is assigned, in close coordination with other team members and with relevant external partners. In doing so, the Assessment Officer will ensure an effective management of related projects and resources, including line-management national and international assessment staff.
More specifically the Assessment Junior Officer is responsible for the following:
- Academic Excellent academic qualifications, preferably including a Master degree in relevant discipline;
- Research skills Proficiency and proven experience with research methods
- Software skills Proven knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Advanced skills in R, SPSS and/or STATA or other statistical analysis software are an advantage; Experience with InDesign an asset.
- Years of work experience At least 2 years of relevant working experience. Experience in humanitarian settings highly desirable;
- Management skills Team management experience and skills highly desirable;
- Communication/reporting skills Excellent communication and drafting skills for effective reporting;
- Multi-tasking skills Ability to multitask with tight deadlines, on numerous research cycles;
- Level of independence Proven ability to work independently;
- Cross-cultural work environment Ability to operate in a cross-cultural environment requiring flexibility;
- Experience in geographical region Past experience in the [relevant] region is desirable;
- Language skills Fluency in English is required, competency in Russian / Romanian is an asset;
- Security environment Ability to operate in a complex and challenging security environment.
- Official employment;
- Competitive salary depending on knowledge and experience;
- Unique experience in an international organization;
- Unlimited access to coffee and tea;
- Special benefits package for employees;
- Opportunities for growth and development;
- Working closely with international staff;
- Fresh fruit mix in the office;
- Psychological support through sessions.
In order to apply for this position please follow the below sample suggestions:
- CV with no more than 1-4 pages in ENGLISH language;
- Named as First_Last_Name_ desired position_CV;
- If you consider to send Letter of intention name as - First_LastName_desired position_Letter of Intention.
Please apply only if you are able to work full time.
All CV applied through this platform will be disregarded, please respect the above requirements!
Before applying, please make sure that you have read the requirements for the position and that you qualify.
Applications from non-qualifying applicants will most likely be discarded by the recruiting manager.
Send your application (resume and cover letter) to email@example.com.
ACTED - reserves the right to cancel the selection process at any time.
*All of the information you provide during the application process will only be used for the purpose of progressing your application, or to fulfil legal or regulatory requirements if necessary. It will be held securely by us whether the information is in electronic or physical format.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Concurs de selectare de consultanți-formatori pentru dezvoltarea capacităților profesioniștilor din sectorul educație în susținerea participării copiilor, inclusiv a copiilor refugiați, la procesele decizionale
- Project Officer for Ucraine
- UNV Procurement and Finance Associate - UNDP Moldova/M4EG project
- Instituția Publică Organizația pentru Dezvoltarea Antreprenoriatului (ODA) anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de jurist principal, Secția juridica și achiziții
- Specialist în comunicare / asistent de proiect în domeniul gestionării deșeurilor
- Extended deadline: Helvetas is hiring Team Leader
- HelpAge International contractează experți sau companii de consultanță pentru instruiri în domeniul comunicare, marketing și sustenabilitate a activităților generatoare de venit pentru vârstnici
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist principal, pe durată determinată, Secția analiza inflației și indicatorilor sectorului real
- UNDP Moldova: Investment Attraction Analyst (NPSA8) - EU4Moldova: focal regions Programme
- LCM Agency angajeaza Assistant Event Manager