Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are core principles at UNDP: we value diversity as an expression of the multiplicity of nations and cultures where we operate, we foster inclusion as a way of ensuring all personnel are empowered to contribute to our mission, and we ensure equity and fairness in all our actions. Taking a ‘leave no one behind’ approach to our diversity efforts means increasing representation of underserved populations. People who identify as belonging to marginalized or excluded populations are strongly encouraged to apply. Learn more about working at UNDP including our values and inspiring stories.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
UNDP adopts a portfolio approach to accommodate changing business needs and leverage linkages across interventions to achieve its strategic goals. This is a recognition of interconnected nature of development risks & crises that the world is facing and that call for assembling of multidisciplinary teams for an integrated & systemic response. Therefore, UNDP personnel are expected to work across issues, units, functions, teams and projects in multidisciplinary teams in order to enhance and enable horizontal collaboration.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the guidance and supervision of the Operations Manager and direct supervisor, the Procurement Associate ensures execution of transparent and efficient procurement services and processes in CO. The Procurement Associate promotes a client-focused, quality and results- oriented approach in the Unit.
The Procurement Associate works in close collaboration with the operations, programme and projects’ staff in the CO and UNDP HQs staff for resolving complex procurement-related issues and information exchange.
- Implementation of operational strategies
- Organization of procurement processes
- Implementation of sourcing strategy
- Control of CO Assets
- Provision of logistical services
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
1. Ensures implementation of the operational strategies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of procurement activities with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies; implementation of the effective internal control.
- CO Procurement business processes mapping and elaboration of the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in Procurement and Logistics in consultation with the direct supervisor and office management.
2. Organizes procurement processes for CO, NIM/DIM projects and at the request of other Agencies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Support in preparation of procurement plans for the office and projects and their implementation monitoring.
- Organization of procurement processes including preparation and conduct of RFQs, ITBs or RFPs, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their evaluation, negotiation of certain conditions of contracts in full compliance with UNDP rules and regulations.
- Preparation of Purchase orders and contracts in and outside ERP system, preparation of Recurring Purchase orders for contracting of services with Buyer’s profile in ERP system.
- Preparation and clearance of submissions to the Contract, Asset and Procurement Committee (CAP) and Advisory Committee on Procurement (ACP).
- Implementation of the internal control system which ensures that Purchase orders are duly prepared and dispatched. Timely corrective actions on POs with budget check errors and other problems.
- Presentation of reports on procurement in the CO.
- Preparation of invoices and information for cost-recovery bills for the procurement services provided by UNDP to other Agencies.
- Implementation of joint procurement processes for the UN Agencies and RC Office.
3. Ensures implementation of sourcing strategy focusing on achievement of the following result:
- Development and update of the rosters of suppliers, implementation of supplier selection and evaluation.
4. Ensures proper control of CO Assets focusing on achievement of the following result:
- Preparation of inventory reports.
- Implementation of Inventory and physical verification control in the CO and projects.
5.Ensures organization of logistical services focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Organization of travel including purchase of tickets, DSA calculation, PO preparation; arrangement of shipments; vehicle maintenance; conference facilities arrangements.
- Timely conducted DSA, Travel Agencies, vehicle maintenance, hotel and conference facilities surveys.
6. Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Organization of trainings for the operations/ projects staff on Procurement.
- Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in Procurement.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
The incumbent performs other duties within their functional profile as deemed necessary for the efficient functioning of the Office and the Organisation.
Supervisory/Managerial Responsibilities: No
LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline
LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements
LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback
Adapt with Agility
LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
Act with Determination LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident
Engage and Partner
LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships
Enable Diversity and Inclusion
LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination
Cross-Functional and Technical Competencies:
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, and unambiguous manner both through written and verbal communication; to tailor messages and choose communication methods depending on the audience. Ability to manage communications internally and externally, through media, social media, and other appropriate channels.
Business management/Digital Awareness and Literacy
- Ability and inclination to rapidly adopt new technologies, either through skillfully grasping their usage or through understanding their impact and empowering others to use them as needed.
Business Development/Knowledge generation
- Ability to research and turn information into useful knowledge, relevant for context, or responsive to a stated need.
- Knowledge of contract management concepts, principles and methods, and ability to apply this to strategic and/or practical situations
- Knowledge of purchase-to-pay cycles, concepts, principles and policies, and ability to apply this to strategic and/or practical situations
- Ability to find, evaluate and engage suppliers of goods and services
- Knowledge of supplier management concepts, principles and methods, and ability to apply this to strategic and/or practical situations
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary Education with specialized training in procurement. University Degree in Business or Public Administration would be an advantage. UNDP Procurement Certification programme would be an advantage, but not a requirement.
- Secondary Education with 6 years of progressively responsible administrative experience is required at the national or international level, including experience in public procurement
- University Degree with 3 years of progressively responsible administrative experience is required at the national or international level, including experience in public procurement
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc), advance knowledge of automated procurement systems, experience in handling of web-based management systems.
Please note that continuance of appointment beyond the initial 12 months is contingent upon the successful completion of a probationary period.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted;
- The successful candidate will hold a UNDP letter of appointment;
- This post is for local recruitment only. It is open to citizens of Moldova or holders of residence and unlimited work permits for Moldova.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP has a zero-tolerance policy towards sexual exploitation and misconduct, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
UNDP is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer that does not discriminate based on race, sex, gender identity, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, age, language, social origin or other status.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
To apply please follow the link: Apply
Advertisement end date: 14 May 2023
Alte anunturi de angajare
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist/ă principal/ă al/a direcției combaterea spălării banilor și finanțării terorismului
- International Rescue Committee (IRC): Grants/Partnership Manager
- Termen extins: Terre des hommes Moldova anunță vacantă poziția de Comunicator(oare)/Jurnalist(ă) (part-time)
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert principal, pe durată determinată, responsabil de supraveghere bancară continuă (transparența acționarilor)
- Менеджер отдела продаж
- CRJM anunță extinderea termenului pentru angajarea unui/ei consilier/e juridic/e
- Legal Analyst Position - Cilc Haga Sucursala din Republica Moldova
- NRC Moldova is looking for a Shelter and WASH Technical Officer in Ocnita
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert principal, supravegherea și monitorizarea sistemelor și instrumentelor de plată
- WV Moldova - Request for Selection of Consultants