Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are core principles at UNDP: we value diversity as an expression of the multiplicity of nations and cultures where we operate, we foster inclusion as a way of ensuring all personnel are empowered to contribute to our mission, and we ensure equity and fairness in all our actions. Taking a ‘leave no one behind’ approach to our diversity efforts means increasing representation of underserved populations. People who identify as belonging to marginalized or excluded populations are strongly encouraged to apply. Learn more about working at UNDP including our values and inspiring stories.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
With Accelerating Digital Transformation in Public Sector Project (Digital Transformation Project or Project), UNDP Moldova aims to improve access to and quality of public services and business conditions through accelerated digital transformation of government processes and business model(s) and promote innovation, as well as collaborative experimentation within the Government, in the private sector, internally in UNDP Moldova, and in collaboration with external partners.
UNDP Moldova, through this Project is strategically positioned as an integrator of programmatic solutions with innovative mindset, including bringing forward digital components in supporting accelerated delivery of the SDGs.
The Project has the following objectives:
- Support transformative changes in the organizational and innovation culture in the public and private sectors and align all participants for the accelerated achievement of the Sustainable Development Agenda and national targets;
- Contribute towards streamlining innovation through engaging with the ongoing and prospective projects and seeking ways to maximize and to measure their social impact;
- Support the Digitalization of Moldova that will contribute to improved governance by increasing the efficiency and effectiveness of government processes, increasing transparency and public access to governmental information – and therefore promoting accountability and public participation, and improving an innovative delivery of public services, as well as impact evaluation and strategic support to scaling-up of the successful solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall guidance of the Policy Specialist, and the direct supervision of the Project Manager (Digital Transformation), the Project Analyst will perform the following duties:
- Ensure effective implementation and periodic monitoring of programmatic interventions in line with UNDP regulations;
- Prepare, review and monitor the implementation of the project annual and quarterly work plans, procurement actions and implementing partners plans;
- Design, oversee, and coordinate the implementation of relevant project activities in collaboration with implementing partners, UNDP team;
- Provide support to the management of human resources pertaining to the project, including both staff, consultants and short-term experts; draft terms of reference for international and national consultants;
- Act as Project Manager in Quantum, DocuSign, etc.;
- Provide support in the management of the financial resources, including budgeting and budget revisions, as well as expenditure tracking and reporting;
- Prepare, review, and analyze reports of Implementing Partners for processing of payments;
- Continuously record and maintain relevant Programme activities, issues, risks, etc. in the corporate UNDP system following internal guidelines and procedures;
- Periodically consult with and report to the Country Office Management Team on progress in implementation, bottlenecks and challenges with guidance from the Project Manager and the Policy Specialist.
Capacity Development of implementing partners:
- Identify capacities gaps among implementing partners and map potential support activities;
- Coordinate and lead capacity development support to implementing partners through coaching, mentoring and formal and on-the job training.
Coordination and Partnership building:
- Participate and meaningfully contribute to the coordination meetings with national partners, United Nations, implementing partners, and provide them with technical, operational, and inputs on a regular basis;
- Ensure coordination with relevant institutions, stakeholders, humanitarian working groups, also with systematic information sharing;
- Coordinate and maintain a constructive dialogue among relevant line ministries, UN Agencies and implementing partners ensuring regular updates on programme;
- Create and coordinate partnership with local authorities, service providers, and other stakeholders.
Communication and Knowledge Management:
- Identify and support the production of communication material about the programme in coordination with the communication specialist;
- Systematically document and disseminate with project stakeholders and wider community the knowledge generated through the project implementation process, in particular the experience and good practices vis-à-vis gender responsive action and the enhancement of the safety, security and human rights of women and girls;
- Organize, compile, and process documentation and information from donors, and programme team as inputs to various databases and documents.
- Pro-actively contribute to day-to-day project implementation and ensure conformity to expected results and project work-plans;
- Provide support to international consultants in the implementation of their tasks for the achievement of project results (communication, contracts, agenda, visas, hotel reservations, etc);
- Support in running digital innovation codifinding knowledge and Digital Literacy related activities.
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Project Manager the incumbent assists in the effective and efficient management of the project through a range of actions contributing to the design, planning, management and monitoring of project activities. The Project Analyst applies and promotes the principles of results-based management (RBM), as well as a client-oriented approach consistent with UNDP rules and regulations.
The Project Analyst works in close collaboration with the Programme, Operations, Communications and other project teams in the Country Office (CO) for effective achievement of results, anticipating and contributing to resolving complex programme/project-related issues and information delivery. The incumbent is expected to exercise full compliance with UNDP programming, financial, procurement and administrative rules, regulations, policies and strategies, as well as implementation of the effective internal control systems.
- Achieve Results: LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline
- Think Innovatively: LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements
- Learn Continuously: LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback
- Adapt with Agility: LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
- Act with Determination: LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident
- Engage and Partner: LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships
- Enable Diversity and Inclusion: LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies
- Business Management - Results-based Management
- Ability to manage programmes and projects with a focus at improved performance and demonstrable results
- Business Management - Working with Evidence and Data
- Ability to inspect, cleanse, transform and model data with the goal of discovering useful information, informing conclusions and supporting decision-making
- Business Management - Monitoring
- Ability to provide managers and key stakeholders with regular feedback on the consistency or discrepancy between planned and actual activities and project performance and results
- Digital & Innovation - Data Analysis
- Ability to extract, analyse and visalize data(including Real-Time Data) to form meaningful insights and aid effective decision making.
- Digital & Innovation - Data Collection
- Being skilled Iin Data Sorting, Data Cleaning, Survey Administration, Presentation and Reporting including collection of Real-Time Data (e.g. mobile data, satellite data, sensor data)
- Digital & Innovation - Digital business analysis
- Ability to support digital business processes across a range of digital projects, programmes and activities.
Desired skills in addition to the competencies covered in the Competencies section
- A proactive approach to problem-solving;
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master's degree in economics, law, public policy, public administration or other related field.
- Bachelor’s degree in combination with 2 years of qualifying experience can be considered in lieu of Master’s degree.
- Minimum 2 years (with Bachelor’s degree) of experience in implementing projects in the field of digitalization.
- Experience in the public or private sector, development assistance and/or international organizations.
- Fluency in English, Romanian and Russian (oral and written).
- Working knowledge of one or more additional languages relevant for Moldova including Bulgarian, Gagauzian, Romani, Ukrainian or sign language is an asset.
- Strong communication, strategic planning, and analytical skills;
- Ability to perform a variety of specialized tasks related to management, including drafting reports, data evaluation, and sustainability reporting;
- Ability to work under pressure with several tasks and various deadlines;
- Computer literacy. Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.)
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP has a zero-tolerance policy towards sexual exploitation and misconduct, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
UNDP is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer that does not discriminate based on race, sex, gender identity, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, age, language, social origin or other status.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
To apply please follow the link: Apply
Advertisement end date was extended: 01 June 2023
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Caritas Cehia în Moldova anunță concurs de selectare a unui expert (e) pentru dezvoltarea și coordonarea unui plan de sustenabilitate pentru serviciile medicale de îngrijire la domiciliu
- Centrul CONTACT angajează expert/expertă sau grup de experți în evaluarea finală a capacității în Advocacy a 3 Platforme de OSC-uri din republică
- UNICEF Moldova: Programme Associate, GS-6 (FT)_for Moldova nationals/residents only - recruitment for 2 posts
- Recruitment Internship (remunerated)
- Caritas Moldova is Hiring Project Coordinator
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist principal responsabil de raportarea financiară
- The Delegation of the European Union to the Republic of Moldova is looking for a Project Officer in the Cooperation section (job n° 48965)
- Product Management Chief
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert principal, pe durată determinată, responsabil de supraveghere bancară continuă (transparența acționarilor)
- HelpAge International angajează Expert(ă) în domeniul îmbătrânirii active și sănătoase