The FAO-UNDP Joint Project Emergency support for agri-producers in the context of socio-economic and energy crisis is expected to support Outcomes 2 and 3 of the Moldova 2030 SDGs Partnership Fund.
Outcome 2. The people of Moldova, in particular the most vulnerable, have access to enhanced livelihood opportunities, decent work and productive employment, generated by sustainable, inclusive and equitable economic growth.
Outcome 3. The people of Moldova, in particular the most vulnerable, benefit from enhanced environmental governance, energy security, sustainable management of natural resources, and climate and disaster resilient development.
The Joint Project has the goal to improve food security of the country, and to adresss regional impact of the current socio-economic crisis caused by the military conflict in Ukraine by supporting the most vulnerable small farmers (particularly women-led farms and young people) in rural areas of Moldova with inputs and improved capacities for resilient production.
UNDP Moldova will provide tailored support to women groups - small agricultural producers in order to increase knowledge and skills for sustainable and resilient agriculture and forest practices and to explore alternative income generation activities in the respective sectors with sustainable and green aspects mainstreamed. Also, women agri-producers will be supported in implementation of renewable energy and energy-efficient technologies (biomass boilers in greenhouses, photovoltaic, among others). The Project duration is envisaged between October 2022- August 2024 with support from Austrian Development Agency.
Additional top-ups are however in the process to materialize from SDC and from the Japane Government through the Japan Suplimentary Budget financing instrument. The top ups will increase the total budget dedicated to the emergency support to agro-producrers in the area of energy efficiency and reneawables to up to approx. 1.8 mln USD.
Scope of Work
Working under the overall guidance of the EECC Cluster Associate and Programme Analyst and the direct supervision of the Project Manager, the Project Associate, in close coordination with the project team, is expected to exercise full compliance with UNDP programming, financial, procurement and administrative rules, regulations, policies and strategies, as well as implementation of the effective internal control systems.
- Pro-actively contribute to day-to-day project implementation and ensure conformity to expected results and project work-plans;
- Provide support to international consultants in the implementation of their tasks for the achievement of project results (communication, contracts, agenda, visas, accommodation, etc);
- Maintain records on all project personnel/national consultants and their respective status (contracts, ToRs, and attendance – if appropriate, etc.) in accordance with accepted policies and procedures;
- Coordinate other support staff, the project driver, translators, and short-term consultants.
Prepare and issue contracts;
- Make pertinent logistical arrangements for the prompt and effective implementation of the programme activities;
- Draft minutes of Project Board and other project related meetings;
- Assume overall responsibility for administrative matters of a more general nature, such as registry and maintenance of project files and records;
- Prepare Travel Authorizations and F10 claims for Project staff and consultants;
Arrange and coordinate translation services/Projects;
- Arrange external and internal meetings (including the meetings of the Project Board, Technical level, as well as other relevant meetings etc.).
- Prepare requests for advance of funds and/or direct payments;
- Monitor budget expenditures and maintain a proper record of approved project budgets and their revisions;
- Prepare proposals for budget revisions;
- Prepare and submit expenditure and programme budget status reports;
- Respond to queries from the Government and UNDP with respect to financial aspects of the programme, liaise with UNDP-appointed and external auditors wherever required;
- Prepare recurring reports as scheduled and special reports as required for budget preparations and audit;
- Advise and assist international advisors and national consultants on all aspects of allowances, travel claims and other financial matters and calculate payments due for claims and services;
- Assist the auditing performed by the project managers over the funds allocated to project. Ensure the compliance of allocated funds with the UNDP norms and regulations.
- If necessary, travel for control and auditing purposes to the project.
- Undertake other financial and administrative tasks on an ad hoc basis.
- In accordance with the Work Plan arrange for procurement of equipment, supplies and services;
Create and manage e-requisitions in Quantum;
- Prepare the procurement plans for the projects and monitoring of their implementation;
- Prepare the submissions to the Contract, Asset and Procurement Committee (CAP);
- Ensure that contractual processes follow the stipulated UNDP procedures;
- Physically clear and ensure delivery of equipment and supplies procured for the various programme sites;
- Maintain the equipment and spare inventory including verification and transfer when required.
Other duties as assigned:
a) Assume full responsibility for and manage effectively and efficiently financial, physical / material assets, etc. in order to meet expected results.
b) Apply UNDP programming tools utilization, and namely, introduce and control over the financial data in Quantum.
Direct supervisor: Project Manager
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Project Manager and overall guidance of the Programme Analyst, the incumbent assists in the effective management of the project through a range of actions contributing to the design, planning, management and monitoring of project activities. The Project Associate applies and promotes the principles of results-based management (RBM), as well as a client-oriented approach consistent with UNDP rules and regulations.
Project Associate works in close collaboration with the Programme, Operations, Communications and other project teams in the Country Office (CO) for effective achievement of results, anticipating and resolving complex project-related issues and information delivery.Core competencies
LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline.
LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements.
LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback.
Adapt with Agility.
LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible.
Act with Determination.
LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident.
Engage and Partner.
LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships.
Enable Diversity and Inclusion.
LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination.
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies
Business Management/Customer Satisfaction/Client Management:
Ability to respond timely and appropriately with a sense of urgency, provide consistent solution, and deliver timely and quality results and/or solutions to fulfil and understand the real customers’ needs.
Provide inputs to the development of customer service strategy.
Look for ways to add value beyond clients’ immediate requests.
Ability to anticipate clients’ upcoming needs and concerns.
Administration and Operations/Entitlement travel:
Knowledge of policy and procedures related to entitlement travel, including the identification of entitlement for lump sum for UNDP as well as other UN agencies.
Administration & Operations/Events management (including retreats, trainings and meetings):
Ability to manage events, including venue identification, accommodation, logistics, catering, transportation, and cash disbursements, etc.
Administration & Operations/Travel contract management:
Knowledge of policy and procedures related to contract management, incl. oversight of the Long Term Agreement (LTA) with the Travel Management Services (TMS) provider; UN airline agreement management covering all major and rail providers; ability to negotiate airline discounts.
Ability to support budgetary aspects of work planning process, drawing and management of team budgets.
Finance/Financial planning and budgeting:
Ability to create and manage processes to achieve UNDP's long and short-term financial goals, including through planning, budgeting, forecasting, analyzing and reporting.
Knowledge of purchase-to-pay cycles, concepts, principles and policies, and ability to apply this to strategic and/or practical situations.
Education and Work experience:
- Minimum 6 years (with Secondary Education) or minimum 3 years (with relevant Bachelor’s Degree) of experience in administrative work, accounting/finance, economics, in development assistance or related work for a donor organization, consulting company, or NGO experience is required.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Experience in providing effective administrative and logistical support.
- Experience in office maintenance and assets management.
Desired additional skills
- Experience in compilation and preparation of briefing and presentation materials, reports.
Previous experience in organization of procurement processes.
- Experience to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, to obtain, evaluate and interpret factual data and to prepare accurate and complete reports and other documents.
- Experience in maintenance of the filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials.
Working level in oral and written Russian, English and Romanian.
Knowledge of one or more minority languages relevant for Moldova, including Romani, Gagauzian, Bulgarian, Ukrainian and sign language is an asset.
- Personal CV or P11, indicating all past positions held and their main underlying functions, their durations (month/year), the qualifications, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate, and at least three (3) the most recent professional references of previous supervisors. References may also include peers.
- A cover letter (maximum length: 1 page) indicating why the candidate considers him-/herself to be suitable for the position.
- Managers may ask (ad hoc) for any other materials relevant to pre-assessing the relevance of their experience, such as reports, presentations, publications, campaigns or other materials.
Applicant information about UNDP rostersNote: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.Scam warningThe United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
To apply please follow the link: Apply
Advertisement end date was extended/Data de încheiere a postului vacant ai fost extins pana la: 25 May 2023
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Asistent Manager (secretară) – Radio Chișinău (Radio România)
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist principal al Direcției rezoluție bancară
- Instituția Publică Organizația pentru Dezvoltarea Antreprenoriatului (ODA) anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de jurist principal, Secția juridica și achiziții
- USAID Moldova Job Vacancy: Supervisory Administrative Management Specialist
- Project Procurement Assistant (NPSA-5) -UNDP Moldova/EU4Moldova: focal Programme
- Investment Attraction Analyst (NPSA-8) - EU4Moldova: focal regions Programme
- Partnerships Manager
- Communication consultant (full-time position) under Moldova Higher Education Project (deadline extension)
- UNDP Moldova: Security Associate - UNDP Moldova Country Office
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist principal al direcției combaterea spălării banilor și finanțării terorismului