UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Republic of Moldova is facing many significant environmental issues triggered mainly by the unsustainable use of natural resources and agricultural practices. As a result, there is continuous degradation and loss of fertile land and biodiversity and air and water pollution from point and non-point sources due to high motorization and dumping of waste and chemicals. All these along with the pending climate change risks directly and indirectly affect the living conditions and health of the population, and especially of women, as well as the economic development of the country, contributing to further increase in poverty, especially in rural areas.
In Moldova, the poverty rate is 7.5 times higher in rural areas than in large cities. Since a significant part of the rural population is engaged in subsistence agricultural activities, the risk of falling below the poverty line is high in years of climate-related extreme events. Rural population is increasingly vulnerable to climate change impacts , especially women and women-led households, who are not able to provide resources and services needed to ensure water, food and energy supply for their families . Moreover, rural poor have limited knowledge regarding the sustainable and environment-friendly agricultural and forestry practices that would increase adaptation and resilience capacities of communities and ecosystems.
The strategy of the project is to build inclusive sustainable and resilient communities and create an enabling environment for women’s economic, social and educational empowerment trough the following outcomes: (i) sustainable, climate resilient and environmentally-sound livelihoods defined and local capacities&knowledge on environment, climate change and gender enhanced and implemented successfully (ii) NGOs capacities to provide expertise to LPAs and women in the field of resilience to climate change, sustainable development and gender mainstreaming; (iii) environment-friendly and climate resilient practices and projects implemented by women headed households, women agri-producers and communities; and, (iv) sustainable and climate resilient practices and business models disseminated and replicated.
The proposed project is fully aligned with the national priorities in the area of gender, environment protection, climate change and agriculture and the country’s commitment to pursue European integration and to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals. The planned interventions will specifically contribute to implementation of the Gender Equality Strategy 2017-2021, the Climate Change Adaptation Strategy 2014-2020, the National Environmental Strategy 2014-2023, the Agriculture and Rural Development Strategy 2014-2020, Strategy on Biological Diversity 2015-2020 and to the EU-Moldova Association Agreement.
In accomplishing the first outcome, the project will be guided by the UNDP 5-step capacity development approach with focus on women and men (including women from vulnerable groups – women with disabilities, elderly women, young women, Roma women etc): engage women on capacity development; assess capacities and needs; formulate a capacity development response; implement a capacity development response; and evaluate capacity development. The individual level capacity (technical skills, knowledge, and experience) will be tackled by the proposed project and would enable the target women groups to have a better understanding of the environmental sustainability and to cope with climate change events and risks.
The second outcome will capacitate NGOs to provide expertise to LPAs and women in the field of resilience to climate change, sustainable development and gender mainstreaming.
In implementing the third outcome, the project will provide financial, technical and informational support to women headed households, agri-producers and communities for piloting environment-friendly and climate change resilient practices in agriculture, forestry and other relevant areas aligned with their economic and social needs. The project will provide micro-size grants to 60 women-headed households, medium sized grants to 10 women agri-producers and 30 communities to support environment-related and climate change resilient activities and expand livelihood opportunities.
The last outcome aims to support preparation of case studies, best practices, lessons learned and other relevant information on climate adaptation solutions and sustainable and resilient livelihoods from the pilot communities to enable their replication and scaling at the national level. The experience will be shared and replicated beyond project borders through sharing events, agricultural extension networks, environmental forums, mass-media and other communication tools.
Scope of Work
The Project Associate is expected to exercise full compliance with UNDP programming, financial, procurement and administrative rules, regulations, policies and strategies, as well as implementation of the effective internal control systems.
• Pro-actively contribute to day-to-day project implementation and ensure conformity to expected results and project work-plans;
• Provide support to international consultants in the implementation of their tasks for the achievement of project results (communication, contracts, agenda, visas, accommodation, etc);
• Maintain records on all project personnel/national consultants and their respective status (contracts, ToRs, and attendance – if appropriate, etc.) in accordance with accepted policies and procedures;
• Coordinate other support staff, the project driver, translators, and short-term consultants.
• Prepare and issue contracts;
• Make pertinent logistical arrangements for the prompt and effective implementation of the programme activities;
• Draft minutes of Project Board and other project related meetings;
• Assume overall responsibility for administrative matters of a more general nature, such as registry and maintenance of project files and records;
• Arrange external and internal meetings (including the meetings of the Project Board, Technical level, as well as other relevant meetings etc.).
• Prepare requests for advance of funds and/or direct payments;
• Monitor budget expenditures and maintain a proper record of approved project budgets and their revisions;
• Prepare proposals for budget revisions;
• Prepare and submit expenditure and programme budget status reports;
• Respond to queries from the Government and UNDP with respect to financial aspects of the programme, liaise with UNDP-appointed and external auditors wherever required;
• Prepare recurring reports as scheduled and special reports as required for budget preparations and audit;
• Advise and assist international advisors and national consultants on all aspects of allowances, travel claims and other financial matters and calculate payments due for claims and services;
• Assist the auditing performed by the project managers over the funds allocated to project. Ensure the compliance of allocated funds with the UNDP norms and regulations.
• If necessary, travel for control and auditing purposes to the project.
• Undertake other financial and administrative tasks on an ad hoc basis.
• In accordance with the Work Plan arrange for procurement of equipment, supplies and services;
• Create and mange e-requisitions in ATLAS/Quantum;
• Prepare the procurement plans for the projects and monitoring of their implementation;
• Prepare the submissions to the Contract, Asset and Procurement Committee (CAP);
• Arrange for equipment maintenance and insurance as required;
• Ensure that contractual processes follow the stipulated UNDP procedures;
• Physically clear and ensure delivery of equipment and supplies procured for the various programme sites;
• Maintain the equipment and spare inventory including verification and transfer when required.
Other duties as assigned.
a) Assume full responsibility for and manage effectively and efficiently financial, physical / material assets, etc. in order to meet expected results.
b) Apply UNDP programming tools utilization, and namely, introduce and control over the financial data in ATLAS/Quantum.
Direct supervisor: Project Manager
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Project Manager and overall guidance of the Programme Analyst, the incumbent assists in the effective management of the project through a range of actions contributing to the design, planning, management and monitoring of project activities. The Project Associate applies and promotes the principles of results-based management (RBM), as well as a client-oriented approach consistent with UNDP rules and regulations.
Project Associate works in close collaboration with the Programme, Operations, Communications and other project teams in the Country Office (CO) for effective achievement of results, anticipating and resolving complex project-related issues and information delivery.
Achieve Results: LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline
Think Innovatively: LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements
Learn Continuously: LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback
Adapt with Agility: LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
Act with Determination: LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident
Engage and Partner: LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships
Enable Diversity and Inclusion: LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies
Thematic Area Name Definition
Business Management Digital Awareness and Literacy Ability and inclination to rapidly adopt new technologies, either through skilfully grasping their usage or through understanding their impact and empowering others to use them as needed
Business Management Customer Satisfaction/Client Management Ability to respond timely and appropriately with a sense of urgency, provide consistent solution, and deliver timely and quality results ans/or solutions to fulfil and understand the real customers’ needs.
Provide inputs to the development of customer service strategy
Look for ways to add value beyond clients’ immediate requests
Ability to anticipate clients’ upcoming needs and concerns.
Business Development Knowledge Facilitation Ability to animnate individuals and communities of contributors to participate and share, particularly externally
Administration and Operations Entitlement travel Knowledge of policy and procedures related to entitlement travel, including the identification of entitlement for lump sum for UNDP as well as other UN agencies
Procurement Procure-to-Pay Knowledge of purchase-to-pay cycles, concepts,
principles and policies, and ability to apply this to
strategic and/or practical situations.
Administration & Operations Events management (including retreats, trainings and meetings) Ability to manage events, including venue identification, accommodation, logistics, catering, transportation, and cash disbursements, etc
Administration & Operations Travel contract management Knowledge of policy and procedures related to contract management, incl. oversight of the Long Term Agreement (LTA) with the Travel Management Services (TMS) provider; UN airline agreement management covering all major and rail providers; ability to negotiate airline discounts
Finance Budget management Ability to support budgetary aspects of work planning process, drawing and management of team budgets.
Minimum Qualifications of the Successful NPSA
Min. Academic Education
• Batchelor Degree in economics, finance, accounting, law, public administration or other related field would be desired.
Min. years of relevant Work experience
Minimum 6 years (with Secondary Education) or minimum 3 years (with Batchelor Degree) of experience in administrative work, accounting/finance, economics, in development assistance or related work for a donor organization, consulting company, or NGO experience is required.
Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems.
• Experience in providing effective administrative and logistical support.
• Experience in office maintenance and assets management.
Desired additional skills
Experience in compilation and preparation of briefing and presentation materials, reports.
• Previous experience in organization of procurement processes.
• Experience to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, to obtain, evaluate and interpret factual data and to prepare accurate and complete reports and other documents.
• Experience in maintenance of the filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials.
Required Language(s) (at working level)
Fluency in oral and written Russian, English and Romanian.
• Knowledge of one or more minority languages relevant for Moldova, including Romani, Gagauzian, Bulgarian, Ukrainian and sign language is an asset.
The following documents shall be required from the applicants:
a) Personal CV or P11, indicating all past positions held and their main underlying functions, their durations (month/year), the qualifications, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate, and at least three (3) the most recent professional references of previous supervisors. References may also include peers.
b) A cover letter (maximum length: 1 page) indicating why the candidate considers him-/herself to be suitable for the position.
c) Managers may ask (ad hoc) for any other materials relevant to pre-assessing the relevance of their experience, such as reports, presentations, publications, campaigns or other materials.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Data de încheiere a postului vacant este extinsa pana la: 17 April 2023
Pentru a aplica, vă rugăm să adresați link-ul: Apply Now
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Concurs de selectare de consultanți-formatori pentru dezvoltarea capacităților profesioniștilor din sectorul educație în susținerea participării copiilor, inclusiv a copiilor refugiați, la procesele decizionale
- Project Officer for Ucraine
- UNV Procurement and Finance Associate - UNDP Moldova/M4EG project
- Instituția Publică Organizația pentru Dezvoltarea Antreprenoriatului (ODA) anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de jurist principal, Secția juridica și achiziții
- Specialist în comunicare / asistent de proiect în domeniul gestionării deșeurilor
- Extended deadline: Helvetas is hiring Team Leader
- HelpAge International contractează experți sau companii de consultanță pentru instruiri în domeniul comunicare, marketing și sustenabilitate a activităților generatoare de venit pentru vârstnici
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist principal, pe durată determinată, Secția analiza inflației și indicatorilor sectorului real
- UNDP Moldova: Investment Attraction Analyst (NPSA8) - EU4Moldova: focal regions Programme
- LCM Agency angajeaza Assistant Event Manager