Junior Energy Efficiency Intern - Moldova
Tetra Tech provides best-in-class energy consulting services for clients worldwide. Our work advances clean energy to achieve climate and decarbonization goals; creates sustainable utilities and modern grids; and promotes gender equality and economic inclusivity at the energy nexus.
Position summary & job purpose:
Tetra Tech is recruiting a Junior Energy Efficiency Specialist to support the implementation of the USAID funded Moldova Energy Security Activity (MESA). The objective of MESA is to strengthen Moldova’s energy security by: (1) advancing physical and market integration of the Moldovan energy sector with Europe; (2) increasing renewable energy integration; and (3) increasing investment in energy efficiency and domestic power generation, particularly through increased adoption of renewable energy technologies.
The Junior Energy Efficiency Intern will provide technical support specifically to Objective 3. This position is full-time, and hiring is contingent upon USAID approval.
The Junior Energy Efficiency Specialist will be expected to carry out the position responsibilities below. Learn more about MESA please see this link.
- Collect and analyze statistical data on technical characteristics of buildings eg from the National Bureau of Statistics, ministries, local public authorities and other state institutions.
- Assist in developing models and simulations relevant to energy efficient building renovations;
- Assist in the analysis and revision of existing laws and regulations in relation to Energy Performance of Buildings;
- Support day-to-day management of tasks, including coordination of activities, monitoring activities from subcontractors ensuring quality control and in-line with the project timelines, participation in meetings with relevant stakeholders and drafting corresponding meeting minutes;
- Contribute and/or draft technical deliverables, weekly, quarterly and annual reports, technical presentations and other documents;
- Carry out other tasks assigned by the MESA leadership team.
Essential KSAs required (experience, skills, education, education, certification):
- Advanced degree in Architecture in Building or HVAC (Heating, ventilation & air conditioning) or a Master’s Degree in relevant discipline will be considered as an advantage.
- Computer literacy: adequate skills on MS Windows, MS Office, and internet applications are required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Fluency in English, Romanian and Russian (reading, writing, speaking) is required.
- Demonstrate flexibility, dedication in the assigned duties and a highly cooperative spirit.
- Ability to build effective relationships with peers, supervisors, clients, and stakeholders.
- Eligibility to legally work in Moldova
Valued but not required KSAs:
- Knowledge of Moldavian construction regulations;
- Computer literacy: adequate skills on AutoCAD or other software supporting dwg format
- Experience working for or collaborating with other international donor funded project
Physical demands & work environment:
- Office setting and possible trips throughout the country
Alte anunturi de angajare
- APSCF contractează prestator de servicii de consultanță privind elaborarea politicii de salarizare
- AO IVC este în căutarea unui/ unei asistent/ asistente de proiect
- Specialist, direcția Planificare Operațională în cadrul Oficiului Național de Dezvoltare Regională și Locală
- Terms of reference for selecting an expert for implementation of the “Resilient CSOs + Responsible Budgeting = Accelerated AA implementation” Project (capacity-building)
- Fundatia Tony Hawks Centru angajeaza Psiholog
- Project Assistant at the Alliance of Small and Medium Enterprises from Moldova
- GEO Operations Consultant at Safeguard Global
- Security Guard (NPSA3) - Common Services Account Project
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist principal responsabil de statistica monetară și financiară aferentă activității companiilor de asigurări
- AAH is hiring Partnerships Management Officer