UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Finance Associate/Head of Finance Unit, the Finance Assistant provides financial services ensuring high quality, accuracy and consistency of work. The Finance Assistant promotes a client-oriented approach consistent with UNDP rules and regulations.
The Finance Assistant works in close collaboration with the operations, programme and projects’ staff in the Country Office (CO) and with UNDP HQs staff to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
- Implementation of operational and financial management strategies
- Functioning of cost-recovery system
- Accounting and administrative support
- CO cash management
- Knowledge building and knowledge sharing
1.) Ensures implementation of operational strategies focusing on achievement of the following results:
Example of Duties:
- Full compliance of financial processes and financial records with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Input to the CO business processes mapping and elaboration of the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures in Finance in consultation with the direct supervisor and office management.
2.) Ensures functioning of the optimal cost-recovery system focusing on achievement of the following results:
Example of Duties:
- Provision of inputs for preparation of cost-recovery bills in Atlas for the services provided by UNDP, follow up on cost recovery.
- Provision of inputs for preparation of cost-recovery invoices
- Assistance in maintenance of cost-recovery control system which ensures that all costs are refunded
3.) Provides accounting and administrative support to the Finance Unit focusing on achievement of the following results:
Example of Duties:
- Proper control of the supporting documents for payments; preparation of bank payments and follow up with the bank on any issues related to the payments
- Maintenance of internal bank card system in close collaboration with local bank and preparation of overall confirmation letters
- Administration/Preparation of vendors’ reconciliation reports
- Assistance in preparation of all types of vouchers for projects and on-behalf of non-Atlas Agencies; PO vouchers; payment execution.
- Maintenance of the internal expenditures control system which ensures that vouchers processed are matched and completed, transactions are correctly recorded and posted in Atlas; travel claims, and other entitlements are duly processed
- Provide support in budget management and budget revisions for UNRCO (alternate).
- Assistance in timely corrective actions on unposted vouchers, including the vouchers with budget check errors, match exceptions, unapproved vouchers.
- Presentation of information on the status of financial resources as required.
- Assistance in maintenance of the Accounts Receivables for UNDP projects.
- Management of petty cash.
- Maintenance of the proper filing system for finance records and documents.
4.) Ensures proper CO cash management system functioning focusing on achievement of the following results:
Example of Duties:
- Provision of inputs for preparation of VAT refund reports and provide assistance in settling overall issues related to local tax legislation
- Alternate to Finance Associate (ICS-7) for timely review of cash position for local accounts to ensure sufficient funds on hand for disbursements. Timely identification and recording of receipts for income application.
- Alternate to Finance Associate (ICS-7) for daily review of zero-balance account bank statements in Atlas to monitor imprest level; identification and recording of contributions.
- Initiation of bank transfers and deals in Atlas.
- Provision of timely and accurate information on bank reconciliations as requested.
5.) Supports knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO focusing on achievement of the following results:
Example of Duties:
- Participation in the trainings for the operations/ projects staff on Finance.
- Contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Core : Full list of UNDP Core Competencies can be found here
LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline
LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements
LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback
Adapt with Agility
LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
Act with Determination LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident
Engage and Partner
LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships
Enable Diversity and Inclusion
LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination
People Management (Insert below standard sentence if the position has direct reports.)
UNDP People Management Competencies can be found in the dedicated site.
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies (insert up to 7 competencies)
Thematic Area Name Definition
Finance Accounting (General) Knowledge of accounting concepts, principles, frameworks, standards, regulations, policies and trends, and ability to apply this to strategic and/or practical situations.
Finance Banking and cash management Ability to collect, handle, and manage cash, which involves assessing market liquidity, cash flow, and investment.
Finance Contributions management Ability to receive, record, report and manage contributions receive.
Finance Financial reporting and analysis Understands changes in regulatory, legal and ethical frameworks and standards for financial reporting in the public sector. Ability to extract, evaluate financial data, derive relevant findings and present them in a meaningful and coherent manner to facilitate effective decision making and performance monitoring. Understands the benefits of integrated reporting, including non-financial resources such as human, social and intellectual capital, and environmental and governance performance.
Administration & Operations Travel Desk Ability to process and approve Travel Requests, Travel Claims and Expense Report; knowledge of relevant policy and procedures.
Business Management Change Management Ability to prepare, support, and help individuals and teams in designing and implementing organizational change.
Business Management Communication Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and unambiguous manner both through written and verbal communication; to tailor messages and choose communication methods depending on the audience.
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary Education with specialized certification in Accounting and Finance.
- University Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or Public Administration desirable, but it is not a requirement. Part-qualified accountants from an internationally recognized institute of accountancy will have a distinct advantage.
- Secondary education with 5 years of relevant finance experience at the national or international level is required
- Bachelor’s degree with 2 years of relevant finance experience at the national or international level is required.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems. Experience with ERP financials, preferably PeopleSoft, desirable.
- Knowledge of IPSAS and/or IFRS desirable.
- Fluency in Romanian and working knowledge of English are required.
- Working knowledge of one or more additional languages relevant for Moldova, including Russian, Bulgarian, Gagauzian, Romani, Ukrainian or sign language would be an asset.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Vacancy End Date: 3 Janury 2023
To apply please address the link: https://bit.ly/3VpAgxo
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Specialist/specialistă în activitatea de lobby (advocacy, parteneriate și rețele) în cadrul A.O. „CONCORDIA. Proiecte Sociale”
- Project Procurement Assistant (NPSA-5) -UNDP Moldova/EU4Moldova: focal Programme
- HelpAge International angajează Expert(ă) în domeniul violenței în bază de gen
- Project Finance Associate (NPSA-7) - UNDP Moldova/Dniester Project
- HR Generalist
- UNICEF Moldova: Programme Associate, GS-6 (FT)_for Moldova nationals/residents only - recruitment for 2 posts
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert principal gestiune procese, pe durată determinată
- National Budget and Finance Consultant
- Bioinginer Companie Internațională