Who are Plan International?
Plan International is an independent child rights and humanitarian organisation committed to children living a life free of poverty, violence and injustice.
We actively unite children, communities and other people who share our mission to make positive lasting changes in children’s and young people’s lives. We support children to gain the skills, knowledge and confidence they need to claim their rights to a fulfilling life, today and in the future. We place a specific focus on girls and women, who are most often left behind.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for more than 75 years and are now active in more than 70 countries.
How have Plan International responded to the Ukraine Crisis?
Since March 2022, Plan International has been responding to the crisis in partnership with civil society organisations in Poland, Romania, and Moldova to meet the needs of those affected by the crisis as well as host communities, and we are also extending operations in Ukraine itself.
We are supporting an integrated education and child protection response, incorporating mental health and psychosocial support (MHPSS), with cash and voucher assistance (CVA) as a modality.
What can you bring?
As Accounts Payable Assistant, your role will complement the overall payment flow of the response in either Ukraine, Moldova, Poland, or Romania with a focus on timely payment to suppliers and partners and bookkeeping. You will have specific responsibility for the purchase ledger and undertaking the processing and payment of all supplier invoices, partners payment and expense claims.
You'll be responsible for the day to day operation of the Purchase Ledger systems (including local currency and €) for the Plan Country office, which will include the following tasks:
- Check invoices - including coding, authorisation and required backup, ensuring that all submitted to Purchase Ledger comply with Plan’s finance procedures
- Liaising with external suppliers regarding queries both in writing and on the telephone
- Bank Reconciliation for Supplier Invoices Payments
- Supporting the Accountant in preparing and analysing financial transactions, month and year end reporting and analyses
- Supporting the establishment and operation of an archiving system for supplier payments, all vouchers and partner liquidations in country
- Supporting monthly cash forecasts for the country office and liaising with the Country finance manager for final consolidation
- Supporting petty cash replenishment vouchers and validating petty cash count on a regular basis as per Plan financial guidelines
- Knowledge of internal controls in financial management
- Problem solving skills and hands-on behaviour
- Team player approach and good communication skills
- Strong written and spoken English
- Financial higher education
- Financial systems expertise. Fluency with complex financial systems including multi-currency accounting packages / ERP
- Knowledge and experience in using SAP and Microsoft D365
Who are we looking for?
We want Plan International to reflect the diversity of the communities we work with, offering equal opportunities to everyone regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Plan International is based on a culture of inclusivity and we strive to create a workplace environment that ensures every team, in every office, in every country, is rich in diverse people, thoughts, and idea.
Please follow this link to view the full job description: Accounts Payable Assistant (1).docx
Due to the emergency nature of our response, and the critical need for colleagues to begin in-country ASAP, we are only able to accept applications from local candidates, or candidates who have the pre-existing right to enter Poland, Romania, Ukraine or Moldova visa-free for at least 90 days.
Where will I be based?
You’ll be based in one of the country offices in Chisinau, Bucharest, Warsaw or Kyiv.
Why join Plan International?
It’s an exciting time to join as we shape our longer-term strategy and presence within each of the response countries. You’ll have a direct impact on women and children affected by the conflict in Ukraine.
Closing date: 29th November 2022
Contract duration: 6 months with potential to extend
Please note, interviews will take place on a rolling basis and we reserve the right to close this advert once sufficient applications are received. During our emergency response, there may be a delay in hearing from us; at Plan International we appreciate the time invested in application processes and aim to respond to every candidate in due course.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as an organisation, do everything we can to keep children safe. This means that we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with and we must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.
A range of pre-employment checks will be undertaken in conformity with Plan International's Safeguarding Children and Young People policy. Plan International also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this scheme we will request information from applicants previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms their understanding of these recruitment procedures.
Please note that Plan International will never send unsolicited emails requesting payment from candidates.
Please visit our website to apply: https://jobs.plan-international.org/job/Bucharest%2C-Chisinau%2C-Warsaw-or-Accounts-Payable-Assistant/870174201/