Consultant for the Digital Transformation of Agriculture Program
01. PROJECT OVERVIEW
The Moldova Future Technologies Activity (FTA) continues USAID’s and the Government of Sweden’s legacy of sector competitiveness programming in Moldova, building on lessons learned, adaptions, progress, and relationships of previous programs over the past 15 years. Continuing previous successes in facilitating the development of diverse local partners, FTA uses a global market systems framework to build capacity for sustainable, systemic progress while applying best practices to new partners and sectors. FTA co-creates systemic interventions with Moldovan partners to transform selected sectors by applying new technologies, promoting innovation, and integrating with global markets. FTA fosters the integration of Moldova’s green, digital, and creative innovations across the entire economy, while also focusing on the development of five target sectors: light manufacturing, information and communication technology (ICT), precision engineering, creative industries, and digital media.
The Ministry of Agriculture and Food Industry (MAFI) through its Agency for the Development and Modernization of Agriculture (ADMA), in cooperation with FTA, launched the Future Technologies in Agriculture Program (FTAP), which is design to spur digitalization and innovative technology adoption among Moldova’s agribusinesses. This program complements and builds on national strategies in the sector and Agenda 2030 for sustainable development of the country. The modernization and digital transformation of the agricultural production is imperative to create a sustainable economy and develop human capital in Moldova. Driven by the expanded usage of digital technologies in high growth potential value chains, this transition will result in innovation and spillover benefits to enhance the performance of one of Moldova’s most important economic sectors. This is also an essential intervention considering the need to stimulate economic recovery and safeguard food security in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, the ongoing war in Ukraine, and climate change.
FTA and ADMA, under MAFI coordination have produced comprehensive assessment and studies that serve as the foundation for the Future Technologies in Agriculture Program (FTAP) at ADMA, based on the Strategic Framework, the Roadmap of the Future Technologies Implementation in Agriculture, and the Menu of High Impact Agricultural Technologies. ADMA will manage the funding program to provide an sale-purchase mechanism in installments to farmers, with a complementary grant and technical assistance from FTA.
02. POSITION DESCRIPTION
FTA supports ADMA to enhance the project management and efficient implementation of the Future Technologies in Agriculture Program (FTAP). This is designed as a complex program, offering: 1) access to finance via a ADMA sale-purchase mechanism in installments; 2) grants provided by FTA; and 3) technical assistance to enhance the efficient implementation of digital technologies and innovation by the farmers and business from agri-food sectors. A management unit coordinating the ADMA FTAP is critically needed to ensure access to program by the farmers, by using a tailored approach for each individual case, based on its needs and development status. As such, it is expected that ADMA shall become a center for digital innovation dissemination across the agriculture and agri-food sectors. Technical assistance, via local and international experts, consultants, think-thanks, and university faculty shall be provided to the ADAM FTAP beneficiaries, assisting them to design the digitalization projects, develop terms of reference for vendors, support negotiations and collaboration with digital innovation service providers, propose training and workforce development needs, etc.
03. PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Consultant for the Digital Transformation of Agriculture Program will closely coordinate with FTA’s project team and ADMA’s leadership to:
- Lead, coordinate, and manage expertise for development of the Future Technologies in Agriculture Program, including identifying and proposing to the farmers training and appropriate capacity building support for the digital transformation of the sector and their individual businesses;
- Identify and liaise with potential experts in IoT, ICT, Digital Technologies and Innovation for Agriculture and coordinate activities related to the technical assistance for the farmers with a particular focus on integrating digital solutions for growth and business-development, but also developing local services, equipment, digital products for Moldovan Agri-companies;
- Advise the agricultural private sector to capture opportunities to use digital technologies, automate production processes and innovate their business model to become more competitive and prepared for the millennial challenges, minimizing costs, and increasing efficiencies, explaining benefits and ensuring risk prevention measures;
- Co-design training, events, and capacity building activities;
- Co-design, implement, coordinate activities related to communication, public outreach, interaction with stakeholders, fund-raising, etc.;
- Provide technical-financial assistance, including a good orientation of market price for the specific anchor-technologies (software) and supporting technologies (hardware equipment);
- Assist, coordinate and manage the application, assessment, evaluation processes and implementation of the funding requests submitted for ADMA FTAP; and
- Coordinate, facilitate, assist the FTA grant mechanism implementation for ADMA FTAP applicants.
- University degree in areas such as Computer Sciences, Agrarian Engineering, Business Administration, Economics, ICT, Agronomy, Precision Farming or other relevant fields;
- Demonstrated experience in Digital Agriculture Transformation, with a demonstrated history of working in the field of digital agriculture strategies and digital innovation capabilities, Agribusiness, Precision Farming and/or Technical Assistance (or other relevant linked domain), preferably for at least 3 years;
- Demonstrated experience in project management, particularly in the Agricultural or ICT sector, will be a strong asset;
- Familiarity with software development methodologies, lifecycle, enterprise architecture, cloud computing, project management and SOA concepts will be an asset;
- Excellent communication skills, written and spoken, in Romanian. Knowledge of English would be a strong asset;
- Excellent time-, team-, meeting- and conflict- management skills;
- Strong self-organization, self-motivation, and planning skills; and
- Autonomy, responsibility, and ability to work with minimum supervision.
05. CONTRACTUAL ARRANGEMENTS
This is a full-time assignment expected to commence in October/November 2022 with a 15-day trial period. The initial contract will be signed for a period of 6 months and can be extended subject to the Consultant’s satisfactory performance.
The Consultant will work under the direct supervision of the Technical Director of the Agency for Development and Modernization of Agriculture and report to the FTA Market Functions and Partnerships Director.
06. APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Please send an email with your CV attached and “Consultant for Digital Transformation of Agriculture” in the subject line to email@example.com by October 14, 2022. No telephone inquiries, please. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist/ă principal/ă în raportări
- AO Laolaltă anunță concurs de selectare a mentorilor pentru Hackathon-ul de inițiative comunitare la Centrul Comunitar 151
- CCR MD is hiring a Project Assistant
- Termen extins - pentru selectarea unui expert/ unei experte sau a unei agenții pentru realizarea Entry și Exit Survey într-un proiect din domeniul prevenirii violenței și asistență incluzivă pentru femeile în etate
- Centrul Internațional „La Strada” caută consilier(ă) la Linia Fierbinte pentru migrație sigură și anti-trafic
- Development Results & Partnership Specialist (NOC) - UNDP Moldova Country Office
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist principal, pe durată determinată, responsabil de monitorizarea riscurilor și raportare
- Keystone Moldova contractează servicii de consultanță în scopul elaborării modulului de formare profesională continuă a APP specializat pentru copii cu dizabilități
- UNFPA Human Resources Associate, G6 (FTA), Chisinau, Moldova
- ICT Associate (SB3.2) - UNDP Moldova/UNCTAD