Job title: Program Coordinator for Policy and Research
Location: Chisinau, Moldova
Timeframe: Approximately 3 years, contingent upon continued funding of the project by the program’s funder
IREX is a global development and education organization. We strive for a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world—where individuals reach their full potential, governments serve their people, and communities thrive. With a projected annual portfolio of more than $100 million and more than 600 staff worldwide, we work with partners in more than 100 countries in four areas essential to progress: cultivating leaders, empowering youth, strengthening institutions, and increasing access to quality education and information.
Comunitatea Mea (CM) is a program administered by IREX and funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). The program’s purpose is to a) improve the capacity of local authorities, including their ability to work inclusively with citizens and civil society, to increase revenues, improve financial management practices, and b) build on this work with localities to improve the functionality of fiscal, administrative and political arrangements between the central and local governments to improve public services for residents of Moldova and increase their trust in public sector institutions.
Summary of Position:
The Program Coordinator will assist the Policy and Research Manager in implementation of Component 3 activities by undertaking the administrative tasks. Responsibilities include providing logistical support in event organization, communication with stakeholders; and ensuring close-coordination with other Components of the CM program. The incumbent will be responsible for the performance of the assigned tasks within the Comunitatea Mea program, including meeting programmatic goals, remaining compliant with IREX and USAID regulations. He/She will report to the Policy and Research Program Manager. The position is based in the Chisinau project office with travel as needed throughout Moldova and regular phone and videoconference communication with Washington, DC based staff.
Your Background & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree, in public administration, economics, law, business administration or related field preferred;
- Knowledge of formal and informal processes of policy development, adoption and implementation and/or familiarity with reform programs;
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated pro-active approach to problem solving;
- Good knowledge and understanding of central and local public administration, good governance and civil society issues;
- Ability to work with figures, undertake basic research and gather information from standard sources;
- At least 3 years of relevant professional work experience;
- Experience working for the non-governmental sector; prior experience working with relevant Moldova government agencies or international development partners;
- Previous experience with USAID-funded projects preferred;
- Excellent writing and editing skills, including in English;
- Demonstrated capacity in facilitation, communication, research and organizational skills;
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office software and Teams/Zoom/Google communications;
- Fluency in Romanian, English and Russian required;
- You must have unrestricted authorization to work in Moldova.
Your Daily Tasks
- Provide support in tracking and analyzing activity progress toward project objectives and/or in tracking project indicator data;
- Assist in drafting workplans and other project strategy documents for the Policy Component;
- Support the creation of project materials, including but not limited to formal correspondence/letters/agreements, project fact sheets, minutes of the meetings, issue briefs, policy papers, research summaries and scopes of work and reports for and by consultants;
- Ensure collaboration and coordination with CM program activities;
- Manage logistics for events, roundtables, meetings;
- Support of formal and informal communications in compliance with the CM, USAID requirements as well as with the national legislation;
- Compile data, perform data entry and data verification in relation to program administration processes and support the knowledge management and programmatic file storage of the Policy Component;
- Provide assistance in delivery of activities on the ground, ensure communication with program beneficiaries, including component grantees;
- Support travel and logistics arrangements for staff and visitors. Schedule and coordinate appointments;
- Other administrative and programmatic duties, as assigned.
Applicants may be selected for an interview on a rolling basis.