Moldova Future Technologies Activity
Funded by USAID and Sweden
Senior Green Economy Activity Lead
01. PROJECT OVERVIEW
The Moldova Future Technologies Activity (FTA) continues USAID’s and the Government of Sweden’s legacy of sector competitiveness programming in Moldova, building on lessons learned, adaptions, progress, and relationships of previous programs over the past 15 years. Continuing previous successes in facilitating the development of diverse local partners, FTA uses a global market systems framework to build capacity for sustainable, systemic progress while applying best practices to new partners and sectors. FTA co-creates systemic interventions with Moldovan partners to transform selected sectors by applying new technologies, promoting innovation, and integrating with global markets. FTA fosters the integration of Moldova’s green, digital, and creative innovations across the entire economy, while also focusing on the development of five target sectors: light manufacturing, information and communication technology (ICT), precision engineering, creative industries, and digital media.
02. POSITION DESCRIPTION
The Senior Green Economy Activity Lead will design and oversee green economy initiatives will facilitate the integration of green technologies, practices, and concepts across Moldovan industries, business, and workforce, improving their competitiveness, ability to access markets, workplace practices and workforce skills, and climate resilience and sustainability.
03. PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and implement activities that increase understanding and capacity of Moldovan businesses to ensure they can select appropriate green technologies, identify reliable suppliers, and access relevant technical or financial services;
- Work with counterparts to develop campaigns that raise awareness of investing in green technologies among Moldovan businesses;
- Work with relevant technical teams and sector stakeholders to co-design, implement, and manage interventions;
- Design and implement activities focused on energy efficiency and energy resiliency of SMEs in coordination with counterparts;
- Follow EU and global trends, policies, regulations, and certifications related to sustainability, climate, and environmental compliance, and adapt for the Moldovan context, ensuring maximum market access opportunities for Moldovan companies;
- Collaborate with sector stakeholders and other partners to scale successful initiatives;
- Promote cross-sectoral collaboration and integration of cross-cutting themes into interventions such as gender and social inclusion, digitalization, sustainability, etc.;
- Conduct regular quality control checks of implemented interventions;
- Represent the activity with key stakeholders as required, including donors, host government counterparts, project vendors, and the international private sector as needed or requested;
- Facilitate data collection, monitoring, and adaptation and learning with partners; and
- Participate in intervention and activity level collaboration, learning, and adaptation and contribute to activity reporting and annual planning.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience implementing projects in the green economy space;
- University degree in a relevant field;
- Demonstrated experience developing, implementing, and monitoring technical initiatives related to green economy;
- Demonstrated experience working effectively with various industry stakeholders including the private sector, academia, the Government of Moldova, donors, and others;
- Fluency in Romanian and proficiency in English preferred with excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Willingness/ability to travel throughout Moldova, as needed, to deliver on the assignment;
- Demonstrated ability to write clear reports and present them verbally;
- Experience implementing donor-funded programming preferred; and
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
05. APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Please send an email with your CV attached and “Senior Green Economy Activity Lead” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 23, 2022. No telephone inquiries, please. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Extended deadline: Senior Programme Associate
- Extended deadline: Call for Proposals for External Evaluation of the Project Youth Maker Club
- British Embassy Chisinau is hiring a Political Affairs Intern
- Specialist/-ă în Comunicare și Relații Publice, în cadrul A.O. ”CONCORDIA. Proiecte Sociale”
- Senior Driver / Chisinau, Republic of Moldova / 1070 (net)
- Termen extins: Centrul CONTACT angajează expert/expertă sau grup de experți în elaborarea de metodologie și livrare de training în domeniul colectării de fonduri
- UNICEF Moldova: National Individual Consultancy for the development of the educational ICT standards
- Coordonator de proiect în cadrul proiectului Participarea Republicii Moldova la Expoziția Mondială ”Expo Osaka 2025
- Senior Finance Officer
- Institutul de Instruire în Dezvoltare „MilleniuM” caută profesor/ profesoară de limba română