Moldova Future Technologies Activity
Funded by USAID and Sweden
Digital Transformation Manager
01. PROJECT OVERVIEW
The Moldova Future Technologies Activity (FTA) continues USAID’s and the Government of Sweden’s legacy of sector competitiveness programming in Moldova, building on lessons learned, adaptions, progress, and relationships of previous programs over the past 15 years. Continuing previous successes in facilitating the development of diverse local partners, FTA uses a global market systems framework to build capacity for sustainable, systemic progress while applying best practices to new partners and sectors. FTA co-creates systemic interventions with Moldovan partners to transform selected sectors by applying new technologies, promoting innovation, and integrating with global markets. FTA fosters the integration of Moldova’s green, digital, and creative innovations across the entire economy, while also focusing on the development of five target sectors: light manufacturing, information and communication technology (ICT), precision engineering, creative industries, and digital media.
02. POSITION DESCRIPTION
The Digital Transformation Manager will assist Moldovan private sector companies to identify and implement solutions for digitalization, working closely with sector stakeholders to scale digitalization initiatives to help as many companies as possible to invest in digital solutions to increase competitiveness, productivity, value addition, and market access.
03. PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide support for digitalization initiatives for the private sector;
- Identify solutions/expertise for digitalization of private sector companies that are supported by FTA and other partners;
- Define future learning opportunities to enable the use of digital transformative technologies;
- Monitor trends for digitalization in various industries and provide recommendations, as well as expertise for implementation;
- Ensure digital transformation activities are aligned with the overall FTA timeline and key milestones;
- Assess digitalization needs of project beneficiaries;
- Translate business needs into associated technical requirements and understand solutions that will incorporate these requirements;
- Develop and maintain contact with FTA project beneficiaries;
- Collaborate with sector stakeholders and other partners to scale successful initiatives;
- Promote cross-sectoral collaboration and integration of cross-cutting themes into interventions such as gender and social inclusion, digitalization, sustainability, etc.;
- Conduct regular quality control checks of implemented interventions;
- Represent the activity with key stakeholders as required, including donors, host government counterparts, project vendors, and the international private sector as needed or requested;
- Facilitate data collection, monitoring, and adaptation and learning with partners; and
- Participate in intervention and activity level collaboration, learning, and adaptation and contribute to activity reporting and annual planning.
- Relevant experience in a consulting or industry role, with experience in digital transformation;
- Experience managing the implementation of IT solutions in companies;
- Working knowledge of emerging technologies, including understanding the difference between digitization and digitalization;
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience with digital transformation;
- University degree in a relevant field;
- Demonstrated experience working effectively with various industry stakeholders including the private sector, academia, the Government of Moldova, donors, and others;
- Fluency in Romanian and proficiency in English preferred with excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Willingness/ability to travel throughout Moldova, as needed, to deliver on the assignment;
- Demonstrated ability to write clear reports and present them verbally; and
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
05. APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Please send an email with your CV attached and “Digital Transformation Manager” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 23, 2022. No telephone inquiries, please. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Procurement Associate (NPSA-7) - UNDP Moldova/Dniester Project
- Alianța Asociațiilor de Băștinași din Moldova este în căutarea unui lider dinamic și dedicat pentru a ocupa funcția de Director Executiv
- Asistent/- ă social/-ă, Centrul de Plasament Temporar Republican „Casa Concordia”, din mun. Chișinău
- Policy Specialist
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist/ă principal/ă responsabil/ă de elaborarea statisticilor macroeconomice din cadrul contului curent al Balanței de plăți a Republicii Moldova (venituri secundare și contului de capital).
- Project Communications Analyst (NPSA-8) – UNDP Moldova/Green Transition
- UN House Cleaner / Dereticatoare Casa ONU
- Termen extins: Terre des hommes Moldova anunță vacantă poziția de Comunicator(oare)/Jurnalist(ă) (part-time)
- Asociația Amici dei Bambini, Moldova angajează Coordonator/coordonatoare de echipă animatori socio-educativi
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert/ă consultant/ă în raportări