Programme Associate (VAM/M&E) SC6 at UN World Food Programme (WFP) Moldova
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetime. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
Female applicants and qualified applicants are especially encouraged to apply to this position. WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis gender, ethnicity, religion, political affialiation, or sexual orientation.
BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the world's largest humanitarian agency, working towards achieving a world with zero hunger. Since the beginning of the Ukraine refugee crisis in February 2022, WFP set up operations in Moldova to assist in the refugee response. To respond to the deepening vulnerabilities of the crisis-affected populations and to strengthen the government shock-responsive capacity, WFP has drafted a Transitional Interim Country Strategic Plan (T-ICSP), which outlines the activities in the country for the next year (September 2022 – August 2023). The incumbent will report to VAM and M&E officer in the WFP Moldova Office. He/she will be responsible to provide support VAM and M&E activities.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (not all-inclusive, nor exhaustive):
- Support implementation of VAM and M&E processes for WFP in Moldova.
- Provision of tailored support of VAM projects and activities, plans and processes in Moldova, ensuring alignment with wider WFP policies and guidance.
- Support the process of development of systems and tools for the monitoring and assessment of basic needs in line with innovative methodologies and best practice, and in accordance with overall WFP Moldova T-ICSP structure.
- Provision of support in conducting of food security and vulnerability analysis and the preparation of timely reports on food assessment needs in line with wider VAM policies and processes.
- Acting as focal point for data gathering and monitoring systems ensuring that rigorous quality standards are maintained.
- Liaison with implementing partners (internal and external) to monitor ongoing projects, ensuring effective collaboration, timeliness and efficiency and highlight potential risks to project delivery.
- Support the capacity building of WFP staff, partners and national government to conduct vulnerability analysis to effectively inform preparedness and response activities.
- Provide support to relevant partners that are focusing on food security and social protection issues to enable sharing of experience, lessons learned and best practices.
- Act in an assigned emergency response capacity as required to meet emergency food assistance needs.
- Other as required.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Minimum 6 years of progressively responsible work experience preferably in the development sector in partnership with the government/UN agency/INGO. Experience on supporting the implementation of projects or working on projects targeted at addressing malnutrition at the community level is desirable.
Knowledge & Skills:
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
Type of Contract: SC6
Duty Station (City, Country): Chisinau, Moldova.
Duration: 12 months.
Application deadline: 12 Aug 2022
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Project Associate (Legal Counselling) – 3 positions
- Country Director, HIAS Moldova
- Project Associate - UNDP Moldova/Japanese Project
- CRS Moldova is hiring Project Officer Cash for Rent
- Public Institution “Environmental Projects National Implementation Office”, Project Management Unit of the first biennial transparency report
- Pestalozzi Children's Foundation from Moldova is looking for the Project Officer Emergency/Education 60-80%
- CRS Moldova is hiring Senior Project Officer Small Repairs
- Procurement Associate - UNDP Moldova/Japanese Project
- CNPAC anunță selectarea unui consultant/e sau grup de consultanți pentru elaborarea Procedurilor Operaționale Standard (SOP) în domeniul protecției copilului pentru centrele de plasament temporar pentru refugiați (CPTR)
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert consultant decontări interbancare