The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetime. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
Female applicants and qualified applicants are especially encouraged to apply to this position. WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis gender, ethnicity, religion, political affialiation, or sexual orientation.
BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the world's largest humanitarian agency, working towards achieving a world with zero hunger. Since the beginning of the Ukraine refugee crisis in February 2022, WFP set up operations in Moldova to assist in the refugee response. To respond to the deepening vulnerabilities of the crisis-affected populations and to strengthen the government shock-responsive capacity, WFP has drafted a Transitional Interim Country Strategic Plan (T-ICSP), which outlines the activities in the country for the next year (September 2022 – August 2023). To support the implementation of the T-ICSP, WFP Moldova is seeking candidates for a Programme/Monitoring Assistant profile to perform specialized and/or standardized processes and field activities. The incumbents will operate under the direct supervision of the VAM and M&E Officer.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (not all-inclusive, nor exhaustive):
- Support the beneficiary identification, registration/enrolment, verification, and monitoring activities under the supervision of M&E officer in designated areas.
- Within the specific area of responsibility, collect and compile data in a corporate digital platform (MODA), support analysis and preparation of reports (e.g., CBT assistance needs, resource utilization, programme status, performance) in order to support operational decision-making.
- Perform accurate, timely recording of data within the specific technical area of work following corporate standards and guidelines.
- Work and exchange information with internal counterparts to support effective collaboration, implementation and monitoring of ongoing project activities.
- Suggest improvements to field monitoring processes and procedures for efficient implementation of the assistance programmes.
- Support communication and activities with local partners, agencies, NGOs and local government institutions.
- Act as a point of contact for resolution of general operational queries requesting assistance where necessary.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
- Perform other duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Knowledge & Skills:
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
Type of Contract: SC5
Duty Station (City, Country): Chisinau, Moldova.
Duration: 12 months.
Application deadline: 12 Aug 2022
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Legal Analyst
- UNDP Moldova: Programme Associate - Energy, Environment and Climate Change Cluster
- Action against Hunger is hiring an Accountant Book keeper
- Oficiul Avocatului Poporului anunță concurs pentru ocuparea funcției publice de Consultant/ă principal/ă în cadrul Reprezentanței Bălți
- Helvetas is hiring Field Officer
- Programme Associate (GS6) - OHCHR
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist coordonator secția prognoze
- Termen extins. Termeni de referință pentru selectarea unui grup de consultanți (un consultant național și un consultant internațional) pentru elaborarea curriculumului pentru instruirea continuă și livrarea programului de instruire continuă echipei Centru
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert principal gestiune procese, pe durată determinată
- Project Associate (NPSA-7) - UNDP Moldova/AdTrade Project