USAID/OTI EXPLORE EUROPE ENGAGEMENT
Moldova Resilience Initiative (MRI)
Procurement & Logistics Consultant
About this Position
Dexis Consulting Group (Dexis) is seeking a short-term Procurement and Logistics Consultant to support the Moldova Resilience Initiative (MRI), a program funded by the USAID Office of Transition Initiatives (OTI) and implemented by Dexis.
The Procurement and Logistics Consultant will support the procurement of micro-purchase goods and services and logistical arrangements for operational and program activities under the direction of the MRI Procurement Manager. The Consultant will support procurement processes, including determining procurement requirements, identifying and recommending the most appropriate method of procurement, inspecting goods and services, and verifying delivery, among other tasks. Additionally, the Consultant will support coordination and delivery of logistical arrangements related to transportation, accommodations, and asset management.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Under the direction of the MRI Procurement Manager, draft purchase requisitions and obtain additional information/documentation as required
- Support the MRI Procurement Manager in preparing scopes of work and/or specifications; Conduct market research or surveys to support pricing of micro-purchase procurements
- Support the MRI Procurement Manager in releasing Requests for Quotes (RFQs) and/or Expressions of Interest (EOIs); Compile received quotes and/or expressions in preparation for analysis; Analyze quotes and determined best and final offer and cost reasonableness
- Support the MRI Procurement Manager in drafting contracting mechanisms for selected vendors and/or service providers, including Purchase Orders (POs), Blanket Purchase Agreements (BPAs), and/or Subcontracts
- Under the direction of the MRI Procurement Manager, conduct follow up of vendors and/or service providers to source backup documentation, such as registration documents
- Support the MRI Procurement Manager in receiving goods and/or services according to agreed upon procurement schedules; Remain ready to sign/verify Goods Received Notices for program activities
- In support of the program, arrange, coordinate, and confirm logistical plans, inclusive of ground transportation, making reservations, and communicating with vendors and/or service providers
- Support the MRI Procurement Manager in tracking office goods and services, including regular maintenance, monthly service provision, and asset management
- Other tasks as assigned by the MRI Procurement Manager or MRI Senior Management Team (SMT)
The Procurement and Logistics Consultant will report to the MRI Procurement Manager.
Expected LOE days: 60 days, for a period of 15 August – 31 December 2022, with possibility of extension
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Completion of secondary education is required, preferably supplemented by technical or university degree, certification, or courses in logistics, business administration, or other relevant field
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant logistics and procurement within the international development context is required
- Experience in asset management of office commodities and equipment
- Fluency in English and Romanian is required
- Experience with USAID programming or an understanding of USAID is preferred
Interested candidates are welcome to apply by sending their CV and Cover Letter in English with email to email@example.com, mentioning in the subject line the title of the position “Procurement & Logistics Consultant” by 05 August 2022, COB.