Serves as the interpreter for the Ambassador at official meetings and informal representational events as well as for visiting U.S. officials. Interprets for other Embassy officials as needed. Translates written materials for the Ambassador, other Embassy staff, and for the Embassy website. Cooperates with Embassy staff in speech writing. Drafts content for the Embassy’s website and assists with coordination of programs and outreach to American Corners. Languages used are English, Romanian and Russian.
Qualifications and Evaluations
EXPERIENCE: At least three years of experience in English-Romanian, English-Russian and Romanian-English, Russian-English interpreting/translating are required.
- Broad knowledge of a wide range of specialized vocabulary (e.g., economic, political, protocol, military, etc.) in English, Romanian and Russian to participate in any conversation, meeting, or conference with fluency and precision.
- Good understanding of the country’s major political and business issues as well as recent developments in American-Moldovan relations.
- Must be familiar with the Moldovan political system and personalities and must be aware of the differences between American and Moldovan political, business, and legal environments.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite.
University degree in languages, international relations, political science, public administration or public relations field is required.
Level IV (Fluent) speaking/reading/writing English is required. Level IV (Fluent) speaking/reading/writing Romanian is required. Level IV (Fluent) speaking/reading/writing Russian is required. (This may be tested.)
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Simultaneous and consecutive interpreting capability Romanian/Russian-English, and English-Romanian/Russian. The incumbent must grasp ideas spoken and heard only once and express these ideas in Romanian/Russian or English instantly, accurately, and completely in the appropriate style and with the original intent of the speaker.
- Ability to translate Romanian and Russian documents into English with nearly the equivalent spelling, punctuation, and syntax accuracy of a well-educated native English speaker.
- Ability to make public speeches (good diction, clear articulation, etc.) as well as to cope with stress while interpreting is required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, social sensitivity, sound judgment, and capability of working smoothly with others in a sensitive environment.
- Ability to plan, manage time, and successfully react to deadlines and changing priorities.
- Good drafting skills.
- Good computer skills.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Closing date for receipt of applications is June 8, 2022 at 23:59 Chisinau time. Please note that the only way to apply for this position is to use our Electronic Recruitment Application https://md.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs/.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Asistentă medicală
- Librar la Cărturești
- Coordonator pentru Spațiu prietenos copilului, jumătate de normă, Anenii Noi
- Termen extins: Centrul CONTACT angajează expert/expertă sau grup de experți în elaborarea de metodologie și livrare de training în domeniul colectării de fonduri
- UNDP Moldova: Project Associate (NPSA7) - Resilient, Inclusive Markets in Moldova (RIM) Project
- Extended deadline: Livelihood and Inclusion Associate
- Communication Analyst (NPSA-8) - The Swiss-UNDP Project: Resilient, Inclusive Markets in Moldova (RIM)
- A.O. „Centrul de Drept al Femeilor” anunţă concurs pentru selectarea unui/unei șofer/șoferițe
- CRS Moldova is hiring Finance Assistant
- HelpAge contractează consultant revizuire cadru normativ Centru de plasament pentru persoane vârstnice