BACKGROUND ON IMPACT AND REACH REACH was born in 2010 as a joint initiative of two International NGOs (IMPACT Initiatives and ACTED) and the United Nations Operational Satellite Applications Programme (UNOSAT). REACH’s purpose is to promote and facilitate the development of information products that enhance the humanitarian community’s decision making and planning capacity for emergency, reconstruction and development contexts. REACH facilitates information management for aid actors through three complementary services: (a) need and situation assessments facilitated by REACH teams; (b) situation analysis using satellite imagery; (c) provision of related database and (web)-mapping facilities and expertise.
IMPACT Initiatives is a humanitarian NGO, based in Geneva, Switzerland. The organisation manages several initiatives, including the REACH Initiative. The IMPACT team comprises specialists in data collection, management and analysis and GIS. IMPACT was launched at the initiative of ACTED, an international NGO whose headquarter is based in Paris and is present in thirty countries. The two organizations have a strong complementarity formalized in a global partnership, enabling IMPACT to benefit from ACTED’s operational support on its fields of intervention.
ACTED is looking for highly qualified national staff for the following vacant position:
Position: Data Officer
Location: Moldova and Romania offices
Starting date: asap.
We are currently looking for an Assessment Officer to support our team in Moldova and Romania.
The Data Officer will report to the Assessment Officer. The Data Officer will be responsible for cleaning, processing, and analysing the data collected through interviews with refugees at border crossing points and in the temporary hosting centres.
The Data Officer will be responsible for:
1. Data cleaning, management and analysis
- Set up effective and adapted data management and analysis solutions;
- Support sampling design, creation and management of data collection tools (ODK or KoBo);
- Ensure data cleaning and management, support data analysis;
- Support the development of qualitative and quantitative data collection tools;
- Support the drafting of information products, from factsheets, to maps and online dashboard.
- Commit to the humanitarian principles of neutrality, impartiality and non-discrimination;
- Report and clarify any work-related issues and challenges to supervisor in timely manner;
- Respect time including to work, meetings, deadlines and other reasonable requests;
- Maintain a good team spirit and stimulating working environment amongst staff and colleagues;
- Commit to honest, high quality work in all aspects of responsibilities;
- Undertake any other tasks as reasonably assigned by the Assessment Officer
- Fluency in Romanian English languages, (Russian/Ukrainian preferable);
- Previous management responsibilities;
- Experience in mobile data collection;
- Excellent computer skills, particularly Microsoft Office;
- Good personal relationship skills and empathy;
- Having a driving licence and own car is a plus, but not a requirement.
Official employment, competitive salary according to knowledge and experience.
Starting date: As soon as possible
*All of the information you provide during the application process will only be used for the purpose of progressing your application, or to fulfil legal or regulatory requirements if necessary. It will be held securely by us whether the information is in electronic or physical format.