Call to Action:
- Are you passionate about gender equality?
- Are you great at multi-tasking, prioritizing and improving business processes?
- Are you a team player capable of working with colleagues of widely diverse backgrounds?
- Can you deliver the highest possible results in a very short period of time and in challenging circumstances?
If so, this might be the job for you.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person's potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2018-2021), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
In the Republic of Moldova, UNFPA is implementing the Country Programme 2018 - 2022 which is aligned with the Republic of Moldova–United Nations Partnership Framework for Sustainable Development 2018–2022 and the UNFPA Global Strategic Plan 2018 – 2021.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
In 2018 UN Women Moldova Country Office started to implement its new Strategic Note (SN) for 2018-2022, which is aligned with the Republic of Moldova–United Nations Partnership Framework for Sustainable Development 2018–2022 and the Global Strategic Plan of UN Women. UN Women’s operation in Moldova focuses on bringing about concrete change in the lives of women and the society towards the long-term impact of achievement of gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls in the country. UN Women works with variety of national and international partners to challenge gender-based stereotypes and towards the creation of an environment, whereby women act as key agents of change towards greater equality and development, in partnership with men and boys.
Project Administrative & Finance Associate will contribute to the effective implementation of the activities within the frame of “EU4Gender Equality: Together against gender stereotypes and gender-based violence" programme, funded by European Union, implemented jointly by UN Women and UNFPA.
Project Administrative & Finance Associate will, under the guidance of Project Coordinator on Gender Equality, apply efficiently UNFPA programming, financial, procurement and administrative rules, regulations, policies and strategies, as well as implementation of the effective internal control systems. It is expected that you maintain collaborative relationships with all programme, operations and project staff from UNFPA CO and UN Women CO.
This project will particularly work at the local and community level, with focus on two regions (Falesti and Straseni) with government bodies, civil society organizations, different non-traditional partners and other United Nations agencies and multilateral organizations. It is led jointly by UNFPA and UN Women at the regional and national levels, which are globally recognized as leading agencies in the area of gender equality and the prevention of harmful practices against women and girls.
The program is aimed at achieving the following outputs: 1) Increased awareness of country-specific norms and stereotypes: the public is more aware of rights to reduce the impact of stereotypes and change the roles of men; 2) Actions taken and behaviors changed in key areas by targeted audiences and decision-makers to improve equality of opportunities and realization of women’s rights, including their employment opportunities and women; 3) Targeted citizens, governments, medical providers and professionals are aware of the benefits of involving men in prenatal check-ups and in fathers’ groups, and put the new skills to use; 4) Men are engaged in prenatal services and Papa groups in order to involve them in their caretaking responsibilities, and advocate for gender transformative approaches related to parental leave; 5) Evidence-based violence prevention programmes for perpetrators used in EU Member States and other prevention programmes for perpetrators are being piloted.
In implementing this project, Project Administrative & Finance Associate will work under direct supervision of the Project Coordinator on Gender Equality and under secondary supervision by UNFPA Operations Manager.
Project Administrative & Finance Associate will be leading day-to-day administrative and financial parts of the project.
Qualifications and Experience:
- University Degree in economics, finance, accounting, public administration, and/or other related areas.
Knowledge and Experience:
- At least 7 (seven) years of experience in administrative work, accounting/finance, economics, or other substantive area is required;
- Proficiency in current office software applications and corporate IT systems;
- Prior experience in development assistance or related work for a donor organization, governmental institutions and/or NGOs, is a very strong advantage;
- Knowledge of ATLAS / PeopleSoft or other ERP system is an asset;
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Fluency in both oral and written English and Romanian.
- Working knowledge of one or more additional languages relevant for Moldova, including Russian, Bulgarian, Gagauzian, Romani, Ukrainian or sign language would be an asset.
This position offers an attractive remuneration package including a competitive net salary plus health insurance and other benefits as applicable.
This is a local position, therefore only citizens of the Republic of Moldova or others legally authorized to work in the country are eligible to apply.
UNFPA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Fraudulent notices, letters or offers may be submitted to the UNFPA fraud hotline http://www.unfpa.org/help/hotline.cfm
UNFPA is committed to workforce diversity. Women, persons with disabilities, Roma and other ethnic or religious minorities, persons living with HIV, as well as refugees and other non-citizens legally entitled to work in the Republic of Moldova, are particularly encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply on-line for this position and read more detailed information, please visit:
Applications for this position must be received no later than October 5, 2021.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Junior Recruitment Officer (English and French)
- USAID/Moldova Job Vacancy Announcement - Voucher Examiner
- Dreamups angajează: Expert/ă în Managementul Financiar și Finanțare
- Policy Specialist
- Procurement Associate (NPSA-7) - EU Confidence Building Measures Programme, funded by the European Union, 11003
- Legal Analyst Position - Cilc Haga Sucursala din Republica Moldova
- International Rescue Committee (IRC): Grants/Partnership Manager
- ICT Officer Moldova
- FAO: Programme Assistant position to assist FAO Moldova in administrative and operational issues and be part of the Field Operations Team
- Local Administrator Specialist