To support the ADA Coordination Office in Chisinau in ensuring a successful implementation of the EU funded project “EU4Moldova: Local Communities, Component 2 WSS (Water Supply and Sanitation) and sub-component 3 VET (Vocational Education and Training)”, the Austrian Development Agency (ADA) is recruiting a VET Expert.
The overall objective of the project is to improve the quality of life and to address the economic and social consequences of COVID-19 in selected local communities of the Republic of Moldova, thus contributing to their longer-term resilience.
The VET Expert will be responsible for coordination and implementation of sub-component 3 VET activities and will provide technical and administrative assistance to the implementation of all project activities and VET related tasks and will proactively support the ADA in all VET implementation matters and will liaise with the contractors, project partners and relevant stakeholders and support the coordination between ADA, EU, GIZ, PSF, relevant local, central and regional authorities and other stakeholders of the project. The position is based in the project management office in Chisinau with regular business trips within Moldova.
- Main specific duties:
- Propose and carry out necessary actions to achieve the expected results defined in the Description of Action (DoA) by providing methodologies and approaches for specific tasks in order to warrant a timely and high-quality implementation of the project in accordance with the Multi Partner Contribution Agreement (MPCA) and ADA Project Operational Manual (POM).
- Conduct a comprehensive assessment of the VET schools' needs (educational, managerial, technical, etc.) and design individual work plan for each of VET schools.
- Based on the need assessment findings, develop the sub-component 3 VET detailed intervention logic and Annual Work Plans including inputs to the Visibility and Communication plan.
- Draft the Terms of References and take a lead role in tendering and contracting services, supplies and works related/complementary to technical assistance for sub-component 3 VET.
- Ensure reports quality received from contractors and reports acceptance procedure.
- Facilitate the cooperation with the Ministry of Education and Research and the project in conducting regular analysis of the VET sector.
- Facilitate the cooperation and creation of links between schools, training centres and local businesses in order to improve school to work transition, launching of the income generation activities and strengthening the quality assurance system.
- Monitor together with the Project Management Team (PMT) the budget implementation, budget revisions, allocation and disbursement of funds to subcontractors, for sub-component 3 VET and maintain contact with the contractors.
- Monitor implementation and progress of sub-component 3 VET.
- Coordinate project evaluations and reviews (internal/external).
- Support PMT in overall risks management, risk identification and mitigation including the implementation of the environmental, social standards and gender safeguards.
- Provide requested input and support to the procurement of works, supplies and services (including external experts) in close cooperation with other internal stakeholders.
- Proactively facilitate all aspects of project implementation while ensuring adherence to deadline and contributing positively to teamwork.
- Coordination and representation
- Represent ADA in meetings as necessary and assigned by the Team Leader (TL).
- Self-coordination of responsibilities, tasks deadlines and teamwork.
- Provide timely input and comprehensive reporting for sub-component 3 VET of the project according to the EU and ADA requirements as set out in the MPCA and POM (reporting on log frame, SDG and GAP III indicators).
- Provide substantial input to the Annual Report, monitoring and ad-hoc reports and respond to any special reporting requirements of the EU, ADA, relevant ministries and stakeholders.
- Support the communication and visibility activities.
Qualification and experience
- Education and professional experience:
- A university degree (minimum BS) in Social Sciences, Education, or other relevant disciplines and a post graduate is an asset.
- At least 5 years working experience in the field of VET system development/management in Moldova.
- Demonstrated knowledge of VET trends at international and local levels.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Experience with results-based management, monitoring and reporting.
- Work experience in contract management and budget oversight.
- Proven skills in facilitating consultations, workshops and in making public presentations.
- Demonstrated gender, diversity and environmental competence.
- Understanding of international development cooperation principles and quality standards.
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment and effectively coordinate a multi-disciplinary team of experts and consultants.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Flexibility to adjust working hours to actual workload as required.
- Capacity to work under pressure and availability to travel inside the country and abroad.
- Experience in implementation of EU funded projects.
- Work experience with public tender procedures
- Experience and/or knowledge in methodologies of linking VET institutions with private sector.
- Experience and/or knowledge required to enforce the financial sustainability of VET institutions (income generation activities) at a micro and macro level.
- Good knowledge of modern office procedures and office management.
- Valid driving license and driving experience.
- Language skills:
- English and Romanian (fluent, both oral and written), Russian is an asset.
- Computer skills:
- Good command of regular Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, SharePoint, Office 365, Project, Teams and “online documents” etc.).
Application and documents to be presented
Please submit your application to email@example.com by 1st October 2021 at 24:00 hrs. (12:00 p.m. Moldova time), indicating position name “VET Expert” in the subject, with the following attached documents:
- Letter of motivation in English including salary expectations and highlight your relevant experience for the assignment.
- Curriculum vitae in English.
- Names, contact details and working relationship of three professional references (at least one referee should have been your direct supervisor).
- Copies of academic certificates and testimonials.
NOTE: Delayed and incomplete applications will not be accepted. ADA will not accept phone calls on behalf of applicants. Such calls will harm applicant’s chances in applying for this position. Any form of lobbying will lead to disqualification. Only direct calls from the applicants related to logistics of application (email submission, location and time of interviews etc.) are allowed.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited to the next stage of recruitment.
ADA retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration. This project position is subject to the pending signature of the Contribution Agreement between the EU and ADA.
For more information please find:
Contribuie la continuarea proiectului CIVIC.MD. Devino susținător, donează aici.